Author Topic: Redesigning Leene Square  (Read 3152 times)

SirusD

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Redesigning Leene Square
« on: April 07, 2008, 11:57:46 pm »
I was just thinking about Leene Square a bit and remembered the screenshot of it from Chrono Cross.  Was trying to think of ways to make it look similar.

Also, had a thought about adding another waterfall room where Glenn transfroms (in the ending if you kill Magus) to Truce Canyon, using that as a backdrop of sorts.

I dunno, just rambling here.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
Re: Redesigning Leene Square
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 05:10:55 pm »
I really think the Waterfall behind Leene Square is a great idea.
I mean hell it's freaking built where Truce Canyon used to be. A waterfall doesn't disappear in 400 years.

I like this thread. Let's just ramble on about new map ideas for CT+. Well , do able ones anyways.

PS - 800 posts! w00t w00t!

SirusD

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 09:19:10 pm »
After searching and searching and searching, I finally found a clip of Leene Square from Chrono Cross.  All it has as a back drop is a sunset, making me wonder just how that worked.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 10:38:14 pm »

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 11:37:09 pm »
After searching and searching and searching, I finally found a clip of Leene Square from Chrono Cross.  All it has as a back drop is a sunset, making me wonder just how that worked.

That square must be at the top of Truce Canyon, which doesn't really make sense when you look at the world map. Oh well. I sill think a waterfall someplace is a good idea.

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 11:04:16 pm »
I was just thinking about Leene Square a bit and remembered the screenshot of it from Chrono Cross.  Was trying to think of ways to make it look similar.

Also, had a thought about adding another waterfall room where Glenn transfroms (in the ending if you kill Magus) to Truce Canyon, using that as a backdrop of sorts.

I dunno, just rambling here.

Excellent idea. I hope at some point there'll be a feature in TemporalFlux where we can combine tilesets. That would make this infinitely easier.