Author Topic: Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes Plot Development  (Read 38053 times)

Aitrus

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes Plot Development
« Reply #450 on: August 05, 2005, 02:04:41 am »
In that case, there is no contradiction.  The story outline as recorded above just needs to be changed accordingly.

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 05, 2005, 06:45:57 am »
Or perhaps it's a cover-up by Queen Zeal to establish her superiority and in the process the superiority of Lavos energy over elemental power.  Whatever the case is, it's fixable.

Oswego del Fuego

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/moon/dandymasher/schala.html
« Reply #452 on: August 05, 2005, 01:35:43 pm »
I don't think it should be a cover-up.  Retroactive continuity is bad, especially in a fan project.  I think we should take Trigger at its word regarding King Zeal.  I'd advocate going with Zeality's idea.  In fact, I really enjoyed the way Zeality dealt with this way back at the very beginning.  If I remember correctly, the basic idea was that the king simply vanished from history due to the Flame's meddling.  In essence, he did die, yet he continued to exist as Arbiter.

If I may, I think explaining this point in detail is a mistake.  Any mundane explanation, like it was a cover-up, or he didn't REALLY die, is kind of lame.  I think it's best if this is left a largely mysterious point.

OdF

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 05, 2005, 02:14:59 pm »
I'm with Oswego 100%...

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #454 on: August 05, 2005, 06:22:15 pm »
I agree.

Oh, and just so people know: the Weapons thread has been updated with six new ones. If I work a little on it today, there should be another six. I figure I'm well over half-done now, though that depends on how many weapons will exist for each.

Furthermore, I do not think I have yet received an answer to this: what is Schala's weapon? At the current moment, I am drawing daggers for her, and have two sketched out so far.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 05, 2005, 06:30:48 pm »
Her pendant is her weapon.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #456 on: August 05, 2005, 06:31:58 pm »
Quote from: Jake-A-Roonie
Her pendant is her weapon.

Curses. It was a nice dagger, too. Oh, well, does it merit a drawing, then, or does the pendant remain identical in look?

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 05, 2005, 06:34:09 pm »
I think they settled on her getting different pendants along the way.  If I remember the discussion right, she starts out with "her" pendant (the Dreamstone one) but it's nicely drained, so it's adequately weak.  She gets different ones throughout the game, and then I think she eventually either returns to the Dreamstone pendant (recharged), or she gets like a Dreamstone+Rainbow Shell+Sunstone pendant or something like that for her ultimate weapon.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #458 on: August 06, 2005, 01:38:11 am »
Quote from: Jake-A-Roonie
I think they settled on her getting different pendants along the way.  If I remember the discussion right, she starts out with "her" pendant (the Dreamstone one) but it's nicely drained, so it's adequately weak.  She gets different ones throughout the game, and then I think she eventually either returns to the Dreamstone pendant (recharged), or she gets like a Dreamstone+Rainbow Shell+Sunstone pendant or something like that for her ultimate weapon.

Alright, I'll give some pendant drawings a shot. In the meantime, here are three more weapons (put up here since it seems that no one really looks at the weapons thread.)

Some Red-Hilted Katana (though not THE Red Katana - I just don't have a name for this):

PaxGuardia:

CyrusSword:

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
drawings
« Reply #459 on: August 06, 2005, 04:35:14 am »
Awesome drawings Krispin have you drawn the Masamune or the Masamune after it's been tainted yet?

--jp

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #460 on: August 06, 2005, 08:27:37 pm »
Here's a better example of how a manual could look, using some of Janus' weapons.

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 06, 2005, 10:58:32 pm »
Very nicely done. My only worry is that the red text is a bit hard to read in the red flames on the last weapon. Perhaps the text could be encapsulated in a black box with a border or something?

Either way, your work is very proffesional looking.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 06, 2005, 11:23:45 pm »
Also, images for the final thing would need to be saved as PNG so you wouldn't have the JPG detail loss. =P  Looks good though. :)  Great job, Daniel.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #463 on: August 07, 2005, 04:51:30 pm »
Here is the list of weapons so far, ranked in increasing power - I hope that it’s an agreeable order. I’ve also included a * for the fully complete drawings, and a ^ for those drawn but not yet coloured. I decided arbitrarily that there should be nine weapons for each character. I hope that fits in well enough.

Crono
1 - Lead Sword*
2 - Jade Hilt*
3 - Shamshir*
4 - (Unnamed)
5 - Trusilver*
6 - (Unnamed - looks like a red-hilted katana)*
7 - Geistrand^
8 - Arco Iris*
9 - Ara Dei*

Marle
1 - Yew Bow*
2 - Ivory Bow*
3 - Fail-Not*
4 - HarpString
5 - Alkanost
6 - Kerubim*
7 - Fairy-Queen*
8 - Apollon
9 - Naveed

Lucca
1 - Flintlock*
2 - (Unnamed - looks like a WWII rifle)^
3 - SnipeShot*
4 - QuantaShot*
5 - (Unnamed - looks like an old sub-machinegun)^
6 - (Unnamed - looks like a futuristic handgun)^
7 - (Unnamed)
8 - (Unnamed)
9 - FreeRadicl*

Glenn
1 - ArmingSword*
2 - Quixote*
3 - Nauthiz*
4 - GiltSword?* (Looks like an old Greek sword)
5 - Caliburn*
6 - PaxGuardia*
7 - Galatine^ (archer-sword type)
8 - Cyrus*
9 - Clarent^

Robo
1 - Strainer*
2 - (Unnamed)
3 - (Unnamed)
4 - (Unnamed)
5 - DeathGrip
6 - (Unnamed)
7 - (Unnamed)
8 - (Unnamed)
9 - (Unnamed)

Janus
1 - Grigori*
2 - Totentanz*
3 - Erebos*
4 - Iscariot*
5 - Legion*
6 - Vanitas*
7 - (Unnamed)
8 - Khadhulu
9 - Kronian*

Schala
1 - (Unnamed - A pendant with a jewel)^
2 - (Unnamed)
3 - (Unnamed)
4 - (Unnamed)
5 - (Unnamed)
6 - (Unnamed)
7 - (Unnamed)
8 - (Unnamed - has a star on it, but I am considering not using this drawing)^
9 - (Unnamed)

That is, of the total 63, I have 33 drawn and coloured, and a further 8 drawn but not coloured. It’s getting there. There are some names missing, though, as you can see, especially in so far as Schala and Robo go (they also comprise of almost all the undrawn ones, for amidst them is only 1 drawn and coloured one, and only a further two drawn ones. The hands for Robo are particularly hard to design and draw.)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 07, 2005, 05:21:39 pm »
I'm happy to see this! Perhaps we can deal with armor in a similar way (that is, not loading you with heaps of drawing, but meeting and fleshing out real lists). It looks like a strong lineup. I'll throw out some ones for Robo. They're off the top of my head and going for limb + sign of strength, so someone else must produce some mythical and meaningful names.

PryingHand
StoneTouch
Impax
Death Grip
Imperator
Piston Slam
SteamPunch