Author Topic: CHRONO TRIGGER: PROPHET'S GUILE, CT2 Interview  (Read 11563 times)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: CHRONO TRIGGER: PROPHET'S GUILE, CT2 Interview
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2008, 02:04:27 pm »
Quenditar, was it only Magus' lines you and your friend found suspect? I consider myself a student of videogame screenplays and scenario design, and am much interested in observing feedback on this sort of thing.

I guess I took Magus' dialogue as overly ostentatious, but for a reason -- he's trying his best to impress Queen Zeal and others so he can worm his way into the kingdom's highest echelons. The NPC dialogue in Enhasa, Kajar, and the palace was especially spot-on IMO; everyone's talking about esoteric concepts, but these folks are in the midst of great scientific and magical discoveries.

brifye19

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
  • The black wind howls again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2008, 02:14:51 am »
Have yet To play Prophets Guile Because I'm still playing through crimson echoes but I will get around to it soon enough !!! :shock: :lol:

Anacalius

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Enlightened One (+200)
  • Boredom is not a burden that anyone should bear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2008, 02:42:56 am »
I have been meaning to say something on here for a while now.
First of all, two huge thumbs up for Prophet's Guile. The only problem I had with it is the same problem I have with the original Chrono Trigger - Too easy, dungeons are too short. Which isn't actually a "problem" at all, I guess. I find most RPGs to be too easy, but that's just me.
As for the discussion of how Magus speaks as the prophet:
Yes, I do agree that it seems a bit overdone and strange, but I think it fits in very well. He's not trying to be Magus, since Magus is Janus and everyone would be able to tell. He's trying to seduce them into thinking he's a wise prophet, even wiser than the 3 gurus, so therefore, I think the weird overdone manner he speaks in suits the situation perfectly.
Furthermore, the text at the beginning and end from Radical Dreamers is cool too, nice touch. And the artwork is VERY nice, I'm shocked you were able to make it look that good with the limit on colors and what not. Very, very good job. I'm a picky guy when it comes to hacking stuff, also. This feels like it was meant to be there, like it came from the guys at SE themselves. Well done, I consider it an official part of the CT storyline now. ^^

Hopefully this thread hasn't been too long gone and you get to read my statements here, because I've been meaning to praise you for a while. =\

Anyways, nicely done.