Author Topic: Chrono Trigger Re-amped  (Read 12887 times)

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Here it goes!
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2008, 12:35:15 pm »
I can't wait to play this.

Are you doing this all by yourself?

Anacalius

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Enlightened One (+200)
  • Boredom is not a burden that anyone should bear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 01:25:35 am »
=o!  I like it

Thanks, I think it came out really nice.

I can't wait to play this.

Are you doing this all by yourself?

Yes, I'm the only person behind this right now, not sure if I'm going to get more people to help. I'm pretty dedicated to it, so I don't see a problem right now. I originally thought it would be impossible by myself, but I've made a huge amount of good progess in the last month, so I think things are going very well. The things I don't know how to do I can usually find at the compendium, or by just a bit of trial and error.

Anacalius

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2008, 01:45:13 am »
Holy crap, this week has been insane. I got a new job so I had to finish my 2 weeks at my first one, but started at my new one at the same time, so I've been doing TWO full time jobs daily. -_-

So much for getting that video ready, eh? I have still been working on the hack itself though on my offtime, so no worries there (Though only about 2 hours a day, roughly). I also came up with another new idea for a side-quest, though I haven't begun to work on it quite yet.

4th Triforce piece

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2008, 05:46:03 am »
By golly your right!  It doesn't make sense for Marle to disapear in 600ad since she had not reacheed that point of time where Queen Leene was killed yet.  They blew it. :(   Hopefully you can prove to do a better job Anacalius. :D   

I hope the other dude doens't like get on your grill thinking your ripping off his game and ends up there being a fight an
d this whole thing gets shut down. :(

Anacalius

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2008, 02:34:59 pm »
By golly your right!  It doesn't make sense for Marle to disapear in 600ad since she had not reacheed that point of time where Queen Leene was killed yet.  They blew it. :(   Hopefully you can prove to do a better job Anacalius. :D   

I assure you, it will be better.

I hope the other dude doens't like get on your grill thinking your ripping off his game and ends up there being a fight an

You mean about Chrono Trigger +?
I doubt there would be any problems at all, the compendium is about advancement in the Chrono series, and I doubt the CT+ team would be upset in any way that there is a similar project going on. It's all about expanding the Chrono universe, and that's just what I plan to do. It's in no way competition in my eyes.

Anywho, my computer broke down D= but is perfectly repairable and nothing will be lost, though I won't be using the forums or working on Re-Amped until my comp is fixed, should be back rolling strong within a month, though.

The video plan I had is ultimately delayed because of this, sorry all. >.<

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2008, 03:55:54 pm »

You mean about Chrono Trigger +?
I doubt there would be any problems at all, the compendium is about advancement in the Chrono series, and I doubt the CT+ team would be upset in any way that there is a similar project going on. It's all about expanding the Chrono universe, and that's just what I plan to do. It's in no way competition in my eyes.

No way! The more the merrier! Who doesn't want to play an expanded version of CT?

Zakyrus honestly isn't that kind of person, and neither am I. We love that CT+'s general idea has spawned many more fan projects.
Isn't that the point? To show Square Enix we still care about CT? Of course it is.

You definitely have my blessing, and I'm sure Z would say the same.

Just remember we had the idea first!  :lol:
(Only kidding, how can anyone claim the idea of expanding a game?!)

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2008, 04:55:56 pm »
Yikes sounds crazy with the jobs Cant wait for that video though. The Marle pic looks great. :mrgreen:

Anacalius

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2008, 04:59:02 pm »
Well, I've finished my two weeks at my old job, so I'm just sitting at my regular 40-45 hours about, leaving plenty of time for hacking and other stuff. =P
Thank God for insomnia, I tell ya.

Anywho, comp is still down for a couple weeks most likely. >.<
Will be back going on Re-Amped as soon as it is fixed, and will try and get that video polished up and going then as well.

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2008, 03:15:32 pm »
we will be patient :mrgreen:

thesack41

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2008, 01:43:52 am »
Can't wait!

Zaulche

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2008, 02:12:02 am »
Quote from: Anacalius
Lucca does not show up until after you have rescued Leene.

If Lucca does not join until after you save Queen Leene, then what are you going to do about the Naga-Ette. They are resistant to physical attacks, so you usually have to use Lucca's flame toss to kill them (though I have killed them before without it, it just takes a long time).

Then again people doing the low level playthrough would not have that tech at that time anyway, so it is probably not that big of a deal, just something I noticed.

GasparXR

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2008, 11:41:04 pm »
If Lucca does not join until after you save Queen Leene, then what are you going to do about the Naga-Ette. They are resistant to physical attacks, so you usually have to use Lucca's flame toss to kill them (though I have killed them before without it, it just takes a long time).

Then again people doing the low level playthrough would not have that tech at that time anyway, so it is probably not that big of a deal, just something I noticed.

Level up until Crono learns Slash. Apparently it has Lightning qualities, which is magic, so that should take care of them. Plus Marle will be with you =P

brifye19

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
  • The black wind howls again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2008, 11:54:40 am »
How long does it actually take to do a rom hack!

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2008, 02:07:50 pm »
A long time (to ensure that it is up to Chrono par).  Just be patient, my friend.  It will be worth it in the long run.

Anacalius

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2008, 12:47:19 pm »
How long does it actually take to do a rom hack!

Heh... You have no idea. It takes a lot of work. Patience, it may take a long time but it will get done.

As for the Naga-Ette thing.... Is anyone actually going to look at that as a problem? You can kill them with a few hits, even with their high defense.  :?

I think it works fine, anyway.