Author Topic: Chrono Trigger Remake for DS Speculation  (Read 517 times)

evilmule

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Chrono Trigger Remake for DS Speculation
« on: April 01, 2008, 11:41:20 pm »
In the April issue of Nintendo Power there was an interview with Takashi Tokita about the "possible" American version of Final Fantasy IV DS.  In the interview he also hinted at a Chrono Trigger remake "provided the demand is high enough."  I don't actually have the issue but here's a link to joystiq's article about it.  It'd be fantastic if someone who subscribes to Nintendo Power and type/scan the interview out. 

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/04/01/final-fantasy-iv-coming-to-north-america-maybe/

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger Remake for DS Speculation
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 11:52:32 pm »
Ah, if this story were only written on any other day but April 1, I wouldn't be so confused.

How would Square Enix guage whether "demand is high enough" for a new Chrono game, considering there's no way for us to vote with our wallets when there's no new Chrono products to buy? By number of fan projects? Number of C&Ds? The price of Chrono Trigger cartridges on Ebay?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 11:54:51 pm by FaustWolf »

evilmule

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 12:26:23 am »
Yeah, I really have no idea how they'd measure "demand".  There have been a lot of other April Fool's jokes labeled as such on joystiq today though, and I think this article might be legit because it's not labeled as such.  Anyway, I can't prove that the interview actually exists until someone with the issue of Nintendo Power confirms it.  The only way I could possibly see people demonstrating their demand is either signing a petition (and we all know how much weight Square Enix gives to these) or if SE themselves hosted a poll on their website.  At any rate, I figured I might as well share the information since it's better than nothing.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 12:45:13 am »
Maybe I'll have to purchase a DS soon...

Anacalius

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Enlightened One (+200)
  • Boredom is not a burden that anyone should bear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 01:29:00 am »
Maybe I'll have to purchase a DS soon...

I'm gonna snag one when/if the 3-D FF remakes come out, and of course, IF (big if) the Chrono Trigger remake comes out.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 02:09:05 am »
I lost my SP one vacation down to Florida, and my grandma offered to buy me a new one, cause grandma's rock!

So I decided to take the opportunity to upgrade to the DS. Little did I know it can't play original gameboy or gameboy color games. So I had to get another SP instead. I wish my collection of games had more GBA games, but it doesn't lol.

Really bummed me out because it was pretty sweet. I wonder if they do make an adapter to play those older games. To the best of my knowledge they don't.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 05:44:02 am »
"Possible" FFIV DS? It's already got a release date...I think it's June or something, right?

Well, anyways, there's always emulation!

Anacalius

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Enlightened One (+200)
  • Boredom is not a burden that anyone should bear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 05:04:28 pm »
"Possible" FFIV DS? It's already got a release date...I think it's June or something, right?

Well, anyways, there's always emulation!

I don't know much about it, honestly. I can't even remember where it was that I first heard it, and since I don't have a source, I'mma stick with possible. June, huh? Man, that happened fast. Can't wait, hopefully it doesn't get delayed/canceled.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 05:43:46 pm »
Someone at GameFAQs is reporting on this simultaneously; I'm not completely sure this user has a copy of Nintendo Power on hand with the interview though.
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=563538&topic=42349646

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2008, 06:07:11 am »
Oh, whoops! I was thinking about FFTA2, not FFIV DS, sorry! But yeah, seems like this Nintendo Power thing may be LEGIT...? I forgot to mention though how I hate Nintendo Power. Well, anyways, it doesn't look like there is a confirmed release date itself...