Author Topic: Final Chapters  (Read 1025 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Final Chapters
« on: March 21, 2008, 06:27:58 am »
Hey,

Were down to the flame dungeons and the ending, just so you know when I finish up a majority of the bugs I'm going to begin coding these.  I wanted to make sure everyone had fair warning and plenty of time to post opinions/ideas/etc. 

Unless I get more input I'm gunna code it how I feel it so let me know and leave your mark on these important chapters of the games!

Here's how I'm seeing it right now:

Marle:  To me marle is the most developed character of this game.  She starts off as a spoiled brat, sees the founding of her country, watches her father die, saves her country (by restoring the past) and at this point in the game she's doing an action that could make it never exist.  Her flame dungeon I see her watching her country get ransacked by porre.  Lots of Guardia Castle areas

Frog:  I feel he's the second most developed character.  He's been trapped in a weird timeline for 2 years.  He can go through areas where he slowly loses more and more of his past.  Maybe we can have him keep going to the same room which at first is filled with friends and such but slowly becomes more and more desolate?

Magus:  3rd most developed character.  Definately has to involve schala.  I like the plot idea of him inadvertantly killing her.  I'm town between zeal and Magus Lair tilesets for this.

Lucca:  4th most developed.  I like the plot idea of Toying with her ideal Love for Robots and watching robots destroy her parents.   Maybe they can be robots she developed?

Robo: 5th:  Only thing we really got is atropos/Lucca for him

Chrono: 6th.  I like the plot idea for this one.

ayla:  Basically nonexistant haha.  We'll just do the plot idea.

Ending:  I like the idea chrono 99 said of having Kasmir make Glenn destroy Guardia.  I also mentioned in another thread the idea of doing a Chrono = Miguel (that's his name right?) ending. 

So what do you guys think?  And which would you rather see get done first?

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: Final Chapters
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 07:19:50 pm »
Marle Flame Dungeon:

Marle start off in guardia Castle.  The flame say some creepy words and she walks around.  There's King Guardia blocking the kitchen exit, a Marle copy guarding the exit to her room and a little girl blocking the exit to the kings room.

Going to the flame room and you see a scene with the chancellor telling a future marle that she's being impeached by the mayor of truce, she exclaims surprise but the chancellor agrees with the mayor citing that she isn't prepared to be the queen.

if you talk to the little girl now she says that if you want you can see this scene agree and go up and you see a scene of Marle's mom dying.  Young marle yells at her father saying she hates him and being royalty.  She thinks the king ignored her mom. 

Going back to the main room the copy of marle says that she will let you pass if you are ready.  AGree and go up and you see a scene of Teenage Marle mocking her teachers attempts to make her a princess saying it's not important.

Back in the main room the Guardia character now lets you through agree and he tells you that you were still in pain over his death.  If you go in you see a future marle in meeting with Porre and the Mayor of truce.  Monticref (representing porre) tells Marle she's not ready to be queen and that Porre has agreed to help guardia if it lets it rule.  Marle attacks Monticref scaring the mayor of truce.

If you go back in the main room now there's a Yakra in themiddle the boss of this flame dungeon.

Few notes:  I was motivated by the FF7 scene where Cloud and tifa go through Clouds memories trying to figure out who he is.  Do you guys think that the order should be forced on the player i set it up so it wouldn't be that hard to let the player do the scenes in any order.  I just did this because I thought they sort of built on each other (they are chronological).

To see the scene talk to Marle in the debug room.

--JP

[attachment deleted by admin]

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 06:33:14 pm »
Lucca Flame Dungeon:

Lucca starts off in her house the flame says it's usual intro.

When you walk further inyou see a scene of lucca working on various robots as her mom continuously tells her she should get out more.

GO up

Now your in fionas forest you see a kid running away from a monster.  Upper right of forest:  You see a scene of lucca saving the boy, he says his parents were lost in the porre/guardia conflict.  Lucca says she can stay with her.

Go Lower left:  You see a sccene of lucca asking crono if he chooses "her" (third person) Crono says yes lucca turns around crono says he's sorry.

Go back to the entrance after seeing lucca save the orphan and a girl is waiting for you she says something is wrong at the orphanage.  You are taken there and it's in flames with some robots terrorizing it.  Kill the robots and they turn out to be kids.

The end

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 04:31:29 am »
Magus Flame Dungeon:

Starts off on a little pedastal with Magus Dungeon Tileset.  Flame says something creepy.

Goes down and there's bodies of human and mystics.  the flame says something about people dying for him and he rebuffs it.  The people come to life and attack.  next room

More dead bodies that get up and attack next room.

Flame says that despite his apathy for these people he has a weakness and a teleport opens up. ( i need to add stuff to this room).  Next.

You are now in the zeal throne room walk up and Schala appears magus runs to her and they hear king zeal laugh he tells schala to run.

Fight with King Zeal.  Fight over schala runs in and asks her father what is wrong he gets up and attacks magus.  Magus reflects the magic hitting schala.

Talk to schala and there's some placeholder text.

The end.

3 down 4 to go.....i got a good Robo one in my head.

Not so much Frog Crono and Ayla....any ideas?

NOTES:  As usual talk to magus in the debug room to go to his dungeon.
--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 07:45:21 pm »
Frog Flame Dungeon:

This came out better than I expected.

Frog wakes up at Denandoro Mountain Flame says something freaky.  Then Cyrus comes over and tells Frog to hurry up.  A confused Frog Follows.

Go through some forest/denandoro areas and you reach a waterfall.  cyrus gives the order to kill some helpless mystics.  Frog comes over and he says the leader is just ahead and it'll be like old times.  Follow him.

On the bridge the leader comes out, it's Magus.  Cyrus and them fight but magus casts a lightnin spell and Cyrus falls off the bridge, Frog goes to follow but Magus gets in his way.  They battle.

After the battle Frog goes and talks to cyrus, cyrus tells him to kill all the mystics, Frog questions him and then realizes it's not cyrus but a illusion of the flame.  Cyrus turns into Kasmir and the chapter is over.

Phew....Robo/Crono/Ayla left.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 04:03:05 pm »
Robo Flame Dungeon:

I enjoyed making this one.  These flame dungeons really are a good Character Development area.

You start off in a futureistic room Flame say something creepy.

Ghost of two humans and robo come up.  The girls asks where he found the robot and he says it was in a dump.  He turns it on and robo introduces himself.  The girl says atropos will love him.

Go down:

A ghost of atropos appears and a robo comes down and tells her she looks lovely.  She asks if Robo has ever heard of Mother brain.  Robo thinks and he says he hasn't.  Then the human comes and atropos says to be quiet.  The human tells them that they did a great job at work.

Go down:

Ghost of the humans.  The guy tells the girl that he overheard atropos talking about mother brain and they'll have to destory her.  The girls mentions that robo will be sad.  You can see robo overhearing it on top.

Go down.

a ghost of robo and the two humans dead around him.  Robo gets worried asking what he has done.  Saying that he'll run away.

Go through the rest of the areas destory the robots in the last room..

Atropos appears saying she's been looking for robo asking if he killed their masters.  Robo says he did for her.  She says to come wit her and they'll go to mother brain for protection.  Robo refuses saying there should be no more killing.  Atropos says if he's not with her and mother brain tey are the enemy.  They fight. 

After the fight Robo sees atropos broken and asks again what he has done.  He goes to her but she waks up and destroys him. 

End of Flame Dungeon.

EDIT:  As usual the flame dungeons are done by talking to the characters on the left of the debug room.  We have enough sprites that now they are overwriting each other? so when you get close Robo turns into lucca just talk to the one on the bottom.

--JP

« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 04:18:37 pm by jsondag2 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 04:10:23 pm »
Crono Flame Dungeon:

You start off in Crono's Room Flame says something creepy.

Go down and kill the enemies there and you see a scene of Cronos Mom, young Crono and dum dum dum Crono's dad.  I portray him as a soldier of Guardia.  Crono yells he wants to practice the katana some more.  The dad asks if it' ok and his mom says yes.

Go down and fight the enemies and you see another scene.  It's cronos dad's funeral.  Crono's mom runs away.  Crono starts to follow but stops.  Two soldiers ask if that's his dads son he says yes and that he's a really good fighter.

Go down and you fight through zenan bridge. Get to the end and you see guardia and the vanguard guarding the end.  With Crono in the middle.  A vanguard knight goes up to crono and says zenan has fallen and that they need to go protect queen marle.  Crono agrees and they run off.

Finall go on and you come to a completely black map.  Scenes of various cultures that have been destroyed due to crono's actions appear.  Including the reptite world/destroyed future/ zeal that didn't get to be remade/and mystics.

Finally lavos appears and crono does battle with them.

The end.

Question for you guys which do you like more the cutscenes appearing and then the enemies appear (like robo's flame dungeon) or the enemies are there and you have to fight them to see the cutscene (like thisi one?)

--JP

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 04:52:59 pm »
Technically, he hasn't destroyed reborn Zeal yet.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 05:04:46 pm »
Ah, well ill try to think of a replacement group to put in there recommendations are welcome

Jp

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 08:40:01 pm »
The original timeline of Guardia perhaps?

You know, before the events of CT. That would most definitely piss him off.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 09:55:07 pm »
I approve I might have to add dialogue to make it clear where the npcs are from but that will only make the scene better

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 11:21:55 pm »
Crono's ruining the picnic is drop-dead hilarious.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2008, 11:27:16 pm »
Haha, yea the first time I did the full run for beta testing I cracked up seeing that I had totally forgotten we put that in.

--JP