Author Topic: Another Topic To Find The Rom  (Read 23777 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: Another Topic To Find The Rom
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2008, 03:43:03 am »
Enemies Adjusted through Chapter 4.  If you have any questions/comments concerns.....let me know!!!!!!

--JP

[attachment deleted by admin]

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2008, 04:06:16 am »
Enemies Through Chapter 8 adjusted.

This is seriously going through alot faster than I expected :)

Note that for this release I had to change some techs around for Magus:

*It turns out that for some reason steal was making Magus future techs glitch.  I removed steal it's back to being Ice 2.

*I gave Magus a "phantom bolt" tech because it's needed for the dinosaurs on singing mountain.  It replaces lightning 1.

* I moved Omni shield to replace fire 2.

I'll readd steal when I figure out what's going wrong...

--JP

« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 04:48:10 am by jsondag2 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2008, 10:31:11 pm »
ok,

Things are getting semi back to normal for me.  I had a chance to work on Marle's Reptite chapter.

It quickly became clear to me that Marle was not meant to be by herself.  Her weak attacks force her to use magic and her semi low defense made it hard for me to find the sweet spot between challenge and so hard you need to get lucky.  What I did was add a shop in cedrics village where you can rest and also the shop will sell her a bow that "confuses" enemies.  This makes the fights manageable enough for her to beat them.  Make sure you confuse the reptites so that they don't put marle to sleep and then focus on killing the guys one at a time. 

Cyber,

I'm going to go through and finish making the enemies this way (beatable  and so that if you lose you get a game over)  however i'll put less thought into it  and go thorugh quickly and then make a second sweep based off feedback in the Enemy Modification Thread.  I'll also add treasure chests in this sweep.  Then I'll make another sweep and add "shops" with weapons and armor and adjust yet again.  It looks like by then we'll have Nightmare back to clean up maps and Chrono 99 to start adding his magic touch. 

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2008, 10:15:10 pm »
CMG Reptite enemies

It's quite hard to get through this one.  My theory is almost impossible w/o item shops should be moderately difficult with items?

Or maybe it's going to be really easy once the item shops are added.....oh well if nothing else this loop through i'm making all the battles "losable" and fixing any glaring glitches.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2008, 03:02:04 pm »
Mainly for 99 but just do everyone knows I know the game is hard right now after we add armor and items it will be easier for now save state or I'd you are clever give yourself nova armor.

Jp

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2008, 01:04:23 am »
If someone needs to get somewhere fast, like beta testing a later chapter or whatever, I would recommend my savegame using a New Game +, because it will make things not involving battle/enemy testing etc. (much) faster.

Just rename the Chrono Trigger (U).jpg to "Your Rom Name".srm (the same as "Your Rom Name".smc), I can't upload .srm here, so sorry for that unnecessary extra renaming work(me=to lazy to .zip). The NG, NG+ and Savegame screens should pop up. Use NG +, otherwise this won't work(I think the bottom savegame is a CE one, yet NG +, which lets you start inside the Debug Room, is more useful and thus recommended). And don't ask why Crono's level on the first savegame is 0, and why he doesn't have a name, because I don't have a clue, but don't worry, his stats are still **.

Just don't use it when battle polishing has been done, would be a waste.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2008, 10:53:33 pm »
Cyber that is incredibly useful. 

I think there MAY still be an issue with having the uniforms in NG+ but that will be simple to fix through coding later on.

I tweaked enemy stats and made battles losable through the Robot Factory posting my progress here.

--JP

Chrono 99:  Feel free at any time to take the ROM.  I'll keep the latest version here at all times. 

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2008, 10:51:04 pm »
Alrighty up to 11 the founding of Guardia has enemies/battles being losable.

I didn't make the battle on top of terra tower losable because it isn't the final AI of Vision Serpant

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2008, 10:33:25 pm »
I was able to just barely get started on Guardia Founding chapter

Removed a few bugs and annoying map problems and added some non place holder enemies (it used to be all blue imps).

I'm going to need to do an AI ptr swap for fly trap.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2008, 11:11:38 pm »
up to kasmirs fort.

I put in the new maps, there's usually bugs related when bringing in new maps (solidity Zplane), please post those in the maps thread.  I tried to remove some that were obvious but I more than likely missed more.  If there's bugs that are not map related but because of new maps (positioning is off now) those are real bugs and should reported as usual.

sorry for taking a break to work on the AI editor, i wanted to strike while kajar was showing some interest since eventually we'll need to add AI anyways.

--JP

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2008, 11:22:59 pm »
Oh cool, the new moderator icon is showing up here as planned...feel like the Dream Team yet?

All the Compendium stuff is taken care of except the to-do list, which begins now. Then I will write dialogue. We've got a link in the navigation bar now, too...

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2008, 12:39:51 am »
Oh cool, the new moderator icon is showing up here as planned...feel like the Dream Team yet?

All the Compendium stuff is taken care of except the to-do list, which begins now. Then I will write dialogue. We've got a link in the navigation bar now, too...

Say Zeality, after we release the game, we should give a special status to those we stayed with the group through and through, maybe use King Zeal as the icon, that'd be kinda cool.

Or maybe to the first person to beat the game, like when we released the coliseum.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2008, 11:21:32 pm »
Started Kasmir's Fortress...this is personally my favorite dungeon so it might take me awhile :)

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2008, 12:52:02 pm »
Kasmir Fortress Run 1 Done

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2008, 01:36:55 am »
Alrighty,

In case you guys can't tell i'm kicking this hack into hyper gear in case square decides the DS release is worth attacking fan projects. 

Enemies added and battles loseable up through the dreamtime.

note that I moved red/blue scout from the chronopolis fight cause i wanted the OP to have it's original enemies (atleast some of them).  So it may look weird there. I also overestimated my brain thinking I could just remember which enemies I could use.  I will start keeping a list here:

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/CE/Enemies.html

(Cyber also has a list somewhere I can dig up).  This will be useful once we are done and want to add extra enemies.

With me going super fast, nightmare making maps,  cyber/mauron working on enemies, vehek doing his thing (haha), and zeality working on dialogue we are definitely on track :)

Once I finish the first one through I'll do the second run through.  Second one through will consist of
i) further tweaking of enemies
ii) adding item shops
iii) adding treasure chests
iv)  Adding more  residential areas
v)  Expanding dungeons if we see fit
vi) insert any AI/techs that get done.

While I'm doing the second run through hopefully Z will be feeding me dialogue to insert.  Obviously the second run through will take awhile (longer than this).

After the second run through we will add sidequest and the endings, while beta testing is done on the main story, further tweaking can get done.

Once the beta test are done I'll do a third and final run through each location.  We will use up any remaining maps that are left over.  Third run through should be short.

After that it's basically up to us.  We can add extra endings and little easter eggs and release.

Onwards team!

--JP