Author Topic: Another Topic To Find The Rom  (Read 23850 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: Another Topic To Find The Rom
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2008, 09:58:27 pm »
just wanted to let you know I haven't been totally slacking.

I'm busy recoding some of the reptite areas to correspond with new storyline conditionals and such.

Currently you can play through Marle  and CMG and start Lucca/Robo but I plan on adding alot.

I expanded the "location OW" of CMG.  I added a couple new areas but we really need to revamp all these to areas to use the prehistory jungle tileset (right now it's using the millenial fair tileset).

I also revamped the debug room since we were having slow down and horrible palettes.  So the first couple chapters are accessed in the first room, talk to the cat to move on to the next room with more chapters, talk to the kat again to get to the last chapter.  The reptite chapters are in the "second" debug room (the azala sprite takes you to them).

Walk through:

You start off as marle on Guardia Mtn.  Some Settlers come and talk about cedric.  Go to their town to the west and talk to cedric you get a little history lesson and he tells you to find some girl.  go find her in snaking forest the way to get to her go...down left up right up left ( IIRC it's the goldeneye golden gun code) talk to her and she leaves.  go back to cedric and he gives you the key to terra tower.  Go through snaking forest again to get to the tower (same way but up at the end).  Go through TT and she gets caught and dungeonsed agin.

Now you wake up as CMG.  Do a couple fights and and go down to the cross roads.  Keep going right and you get to strength contest.  If you win he'll say to come visit him.  To find him go back to the crossroads and go up follow th epath to get to his cave.  Chat with him.  Now go to terra tower, just keep going south.  Fight your way up and go in th eportal to start Lucca/Robo.

That's it!

Hm...upload folder is full....Zeality is there anything we can do about that?

--JP

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 09:54:57 pm by jsondag2 »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2008, 07:34:22 pm »
Fixed.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2008, 09:31:35 pm »
Added the elemental area to the patch and some baddies there (th eplot talks about being able to go there and retrieve elemental armor).

Just go there and kill the "red and blue beasts" (who will run away right now) and then talk to the guy in the cave to get a blue/red vest.  I think i'm content enough with the 1002 AD part of the plot now i'm gunna work on the Future.  I know that Nightmare redid the Robot Factor maps so I'll see how they look.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2008, 09:44:18 pm »
Added in the future chapter:

Wake up in a room where the tileset doesn't have the beds yet (we need to figure out how chrono 99 did that).  Go out and you hear that you are in  the middle of a robot reptite war.  The robots enlist you to go to a robot factory and stop production of a chip that is removing robot free will.  Go to the robot factor (far east). 

Get in there and go through the conveyer belt puzzle I made ever so long ago and fight the reptite in the last room.

Go back and the robot leader tells you to stop vision serpant in terra Tower.  go to the weird looking tower in the middle (it was the best I could do...).  Go through the now familiar Terra Tower and get to the top to fight THe mother brain soon to be Vision Serpant.  After the fight return to the robot headquarters to end the chapter.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2008, 07:36:03 pm »
Added the Stain of Regency Chapter:

After returning to the robot leader the scene changes back to Crono and company as they enter the gate atop terra tower.  They land in front of King Zeal just in time to see themselves get swallowed by the gate.  They charge.

King Zeal is surprised to see them after just sending them away and quickly casts a lightning spell rendering magus and frog useless.  Crono breaks free and attacks king zeal stopping the spells on Ayla/Magus/ and frog.  King Zeal runs away and crono helps out his friends.  Agent 12 appears telling them to return to chronopolis.  He says that schala will help ayla.

Back at chronopolis belthasar tells CMG to rests why he searches for Marle/Robo/Lucca.  Go to the infirmary and rest.

one more chapter!

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2008, 11:22:52 pm »
 :D

Skeleton Done.  I'm taking a break and then I'll play the game start to finish. 

:D

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2008, 03:47:52 pm »
Skeleton Code + Graphics + some bug fixes I ran into while playing through

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2008, 04:46:14 pm »
Alrighty now we are going to begin the next phase of development.   With summer approaching hopefully we'll get a nice quick pace.

Anyways the next phase will be marked by putting in the final enemies, cyber is doing a great job documenting the battles and enemies and being heir to the masamune he has a nice idea of creating interesting games.

Anways I've made beast forest more of what we talked about in this thread:

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php/topic,3240.0.html

It has red/blue and regular beasts...Cyber I gave the blue/red beasts weaknesses to their opposite element I thought this made the battles a bit more interesting?

I think i'm going to make magus level 2 spells cost less?

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2008, 04:02:27 am »
OK,

Here's a fun patch.

As people here have probably noticed i've been working on hacking techs.  In this patch I've replaced Lightning2 and Ice 2 with (dum dum dum)

OmniShield and Steal.

OmniShield:  This makes the beast forest slightly more doable, the only way I could do it before was to have Magus go fight the "one beast" by himself and leave return until he gained a level.  Omnishield casts Shell and protect on one character.  I think that CE should make better status spells then Chrono trigger because they became useless later on with the equipment.  I feel that we can make them better by giving more than one status or making them affect everyone.  It costs 2 MP but that can be changed.  I only made it that small because it was so early in the game.

Steal:  I figured we needed someone who can steal things since ayla comes so late in the game.  This fits Magus "wander" status better I feel.

We should probably replace Fire 2 with some sort of dark attack we could swap it with Dark bomb?

I also made Golem Boss have Golems AI.  I wasn't able to kill him till I was level 4, which is what cyber said he wanted hit target Level to be.

It's really important you guys let me know what you think of this sooner rather than later so we I can fix it. 

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2008, 02:50:59 am »
Hey everyone just letting you know that the project isn't exactly stalling.  I'm making new maps for areas until we get the next round of stat adjustments (or complaints about the stats for Beasts forests).  I feel like the difficultly of Beasts forest is pretty good at this point.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2008, 03:14:49 am »
Here's a patch with bug fixes up through Chapter 8.  The bug fixes range from stuff as simple as having a character face you when they talk to adding whole new areas to dungesons.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2008, 02:04:30 pm »
Yet another bug fix patch up through chapter 13.  Glancing at bugs for the other chapters the rest shouldn't take that long.   Hopefully after that we can move on to adjusting enemy stats/treasure chests.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2008, 04:51:47 am »
Alrighty bugs through 20 in this patch are....patched up (i'm halarious)

I want to see what I'm dealing with in terms of space before I do the ending, so I want to go back and tweak the dungeons.  I'm REALLY going to need feed back from you guys know......We need a dungeon by dungeon feedback for all for all these qualities:

* Length of Dungeon (how many more rooms should it have)
* Difficulty of enemies
* AI of enemies, I know there's parts where the enemies a) don't do damage (they only suck MP) or b) don't do anything cause they aren't paired with a specific enemy (Jinn/barghest) I have enough basic knowledge of the AI to fix this.
* Variety of enemies
* ugliness of maps
* Treasures  (what they should be, how many there should be)
* nitpcking (facing after exit, cutscene rants)
* anything I forgot.....

Cyber has done a FANTASTIC job of documenting the dungeons but he shouldn't need to be the only person doing this.  It's almost...a  fun job and perfect for beta testers to leave their mark by either bossing me around or even...fixing a map?  I'll make another dungeon thread for this.

We are entering final stages of this hack.  When we get to chapter 9 of this I want to start talking about release hyping (youtube videos/banners/ mini hacks/digg bombs etc )

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2008, 07:16:12 pm »
OK,

This patch has the enemy modifications in the sticked thread applied.

Try it out, there's no denying that the patch is difficult but I have personally gone through it myself.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2008, 11:00:53 pm »
Haha,

Sorry for going so fast guys, but this doesn't take as long as I thought. 

Chapter 2 Enemy status adjusted note that these stats are NOT finalized...as in if cyber (or anyone) wants different stats then I have absolutely no problem adjusting them again.

--JP