Author Topic: Another Topic To Find The Rom  (Read 23781 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Another Topic To Find The Rom
« on: March 17, 2008, 05:20:43 am »
I'm making a new one cause I feel like we hit a milestone:

Besides

A) The Reptite Chapters...I didn't want to do these in case Chrono 99 are working on them,
B) The Flame Dungeons....I was told to skip these for now
C) The ending, I have ideas but I think we should all agree on the ending

The Rom should be able to be played from start to end.  At A) and B) you are skipped ahead.  C) is obviously at the end.   That being said I'm going to play through it tomorrow for a thorough bug test, we probably all should.  Now more than ever is a good time for me to mention the wiki,and more importantly the bug pages so we can keep all the bugs organized and not spread across multiple pages on a forum.:

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/CE/Bugs.html

Please keep bugs specific, here are bugs that I can solve, please keep them very specific I'd prefer 40 specific bugs to 5 broad bugs:

* Add Sound effects
* Add Songs
* Add animations
* Set facing during cutscenes
* Bad/awkward sprite movements
* Tweak cutscenes
* Add music to an area
* Exits go to wrong location
* Bad facing after Exits
* Text displayed in wrong chapter/ add a place holder text for new chapters (if a npc is talking about old/future news, not the actual text itself)
* Add more battles to an area
* Dungeon is too short (we need to do research on this)
* A treasure chest is invisible and in your way
* Other common sense stuff

Mapping stuff should be lenient until we get final versions of maps unless it's extreme and making the game unplayable.  Text errors should not be addressed currently. 

I realize that maybe some people do not like to use the wiki to report bugs for some reason if that is the case please keep your bugs separated by chapter and then try to separate them into some sort of topic.    Also since adding pictures to the wiki is either hard/ maybe impossible then if you feel you need to post a picture go ahead and post it here. 

If the wiki doesn't have a bug page for your chapter go ahead and add one, try to keep the format of other bug pages. 

If you think of anything I've forgotten let me know.

--JP

[attachment deleted by admin]

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Another Topic To Find The Rom
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 01:56:05 pm »
Just started Chapter 1, let me say great job on the ice shelf, works a lot better than making a whole weird ass landmass.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 04:26:48 pm »
Hey,

There were some bugs that didn't allow the game to continue, I fixed them up in this patch, also if you want to replay the prologue i added that into the Debug Room.

When Magus does his flash backs the game was dying (this one was my fault I used one of the locations)
When Glenn attacks the mystic den the game died (it was calling cronos functions instead of glenns)

Also here's my bug list (I'll move it to the wikipedia when I finish my play through) I thought maybe you'd like to see an example of bugs I can fix.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 06:07:48 pm »
Alrighty I finished it start to finish.  I have 138 bugs on my list here, all o them are easy to fix though except for the one I made a new topic about.   I'll add them to the wiki later. EDIT:  Added

My play time was 8 hours and 38 minutes, mind you I explored everywhere, however I also knew exacty what I was doing.  I also had fasst forward on for most of the time so that number could be skewed.. .

That being said this is just a skeleton of the game and it's missing all the reptite chapters and chapter 18 (which really is atleast 3 more dungeons).

So that's pretty impressive.

--JP
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 06:46:00 pm by jsondag2 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 05:34:45 am »
I cleaned up Bugs For the prologue through Chapter 4.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 06:13:16 am »
Killed some more bugs Game should be thoroughly more enjoyable now.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 12:41:16 am »
Still Chugging along!  One of the maps in Destroyed Ocean Palace got destroyed hurray for the auto archive.

Anyone else finding bugs?  What do you guys think of it so far, I'm interested in feedback.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 09:39:32 pm »
Alrighty,

All that is left of my initial repoire of bugs is the Final Dungeon.....phew!

EDIT:  I realized that maybe the reason some people aren't playing through it is because I'm constantly updating?  I'm going to go ahead and make this the official ROM until I finish doing the flame dungeons.  I'll make the flame dungeons as FLUX files so you can be free to beta test to your content.  remember if you want an encyclopedia account to edit the bugs pages let me know!

--JP

« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 09:48:50 pm by jsondag2 »

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 10:48:24 pm »
I've had a lot of school work, but yeah, the constant new files has left me in the dust.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2008, 02:02:31 am »
Oh god, I can't even update the site. I'm in love and I'm also swamped with work...

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2008, 08:27:50 pm »
While testing, I found this one:
After the decision for either helping Porre, the Mystics, or declare neutrality: If you choose to help the mystics, screen goes pink after going through the first area->crash

Is there anything that mentions chapter 3 to 6? I didn't notice anything until I was told chapter 7 to 11 will be skipped.

Btw. I liked the singing mountain puzzle, but didn't get the frog catching thingy nor the dancing.

For the rock throwing: I think it would be easier for the player to just give them a few choices(like, 10°, 20°, 30°, 40°, 50°), because I'm not sure how many will actually get it, especially considering you can increase/decrease by 1°(imagine you start with 45° and went downwards by 1°...). The idea is to minimize the wide range of none-hits. Can be done any other way, too.

Also I got stuck in chapter 12 after joining these forces, where you have to stop some missiles: Just started invading, jumped down the pipes(or what that is) but can't go into the entrance on the top(ladder that leads downwards).

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2008, 08:34:52 pm »
While testing, I found this one:
After the decision for either helping Porre, the Mystics, or declare neutrality: If you choose to help the mystics, screen goes pink after going through the first area->crash

Interesting I'll check that out.

Is there anything that mentions chapter 3 to 6? I didn't notice anything until I was told chapter 7 to 11 will be skipped.

Your actual save file name should change to indicate new chapters now. 

didn't get the frog catching thingy nor the dancing.

It's more relevant to the story later, I'll try to hide the frogs and put battles or something in there until that correct chapter.  Also I don't mention anywhere that "L" and "R" actually do something which is pretty important for that puzzle...my bad.

Also I got stuck in chapter 12 after joining these forces, where you have to stop some missiles: Just started invading, jumped down the pipes(or what that is) but can't go into the entrance on the top(ladder that leads downwards).

Sorry that's my fault I put that entrance to the dungeon for expanding the dungeon later right now it doesn't go anywhere.  The other two entrances (lower left and upper right) should take you further in the game.

EDIT:   Here's a Fix for being able to save the mystics and I make it so that you can't jump down the path to nowhere in the Future Rebels base.  Decided I should fix those quick since they are game ending bugs.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 08:46:43 pm by jsondag2 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2008, 01:00:27 am »
Chapter 18 (except for ayla) added.

I'm going to try out adding patches now.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008, 01:33:51 am »
OK,

I applied all the patches but the Frozen Flame that are in the patches topic.   Now we ESPECIALLY want it to be beta tested incase a bad patch made it past vehek.

--JP

« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 01:36:07 am by jsondag2 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2008, 11:36:25 pm »
Fixed bug in Final DUngoen making it impossible to continue

--JP