Author Topic: Another Topic To Find The Rom  (Read 23841 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: Another Topic To Find The Rom
« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2008, 03:48:25 am »
I added scene after zeal fight, and characters returning to their timelines.

The ending of the game should be finished tomorrow :)

--JP

[attachment deleted by admin]

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2008, 09:34:15 pm »
Alrighty here's the ending.   Still need to choose music for the scenes and work in the credits.. I'm kind of at a lost on how to do the credits :(  I think we are using some of the locations which the credits use but I'll look into it more.

I think it came out pretty good :)

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 02, 2008, 04:11:33 am »
I added code to make it possible to get ayla again (only if you choose to save her).  I also started work on a pretty fun side quest dungeon.  It's FF6 style random battles basically while you are walking around if there's a 1/4 chance of generating a random battle where it stores where you are teleports you to a new area, loads random enemies then teleports you back.  It actually came out pretty good and should make some people happy :)

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 02, 2008, 01:59:59 pm »
Fix for not being able to move after fighting at bottom of Terra Tower...unfortunately i dont have time to test it but....i did see the problem...hopefully this fixes it.

Unfortunately there's no way around patching the whole rom that I know of in this case..  Unlike Kasmir's AI the events of TT do not always stay in the same place.  They get moved around by TF to fit wherever they can (which is good and if we didn't have it none of this would be possible). Hopefully the Treasures won't be TOO screwed up...

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2008, 03:02:59 am »
i finished my little sidequest....i wanted to do it before doing other sidequests cause I thought it was cool retroish.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2008, 11:59:54 pm »
Fix for missing exploremode on atop TT.  CMG.

--JP

EDIT:  By the way cyber JLukas has pointed me to the data for stat changes for equpiment.  There are 22 "stat changes" that can be used by every item (accessories, helmets, weapons, armor).  So we have to use them sparingly but if you are keeping track of weapons during this play through it might be something to think of.   You can use only one of these 22 slots per item, however one slot can change multiple stats by ONE amount (so if you edit multiple stats they both have to go up by the same value.  You cant have defense go up 10 and magic defense go up by 5).  So for example you can use one of those 22 slots to increase def and mgc def by 10.  And have thst slot be used by both a helm and an accessory.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 12:12:16 am by jsondag2 »

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2008, 05:29:23 am »
Hmm, can we somehow increase the slots by modifying already existing slots? Like using the +5 magic slot that is there from CT to something different? If this would be possible, the only thing we needed to look at are the items that used these slots. And if not, we at least should be able to use these existing slots? As in, we have 22 unused which can be used for whatever we want, and the ones already in use?

~~~

Edit: Oh, and I just testes the rom, problem is, the bug I had wasn't on the Top floor of TT(where you face 2 Timesages). It was on bottom, where you face the single timesage(where Magus demands him to move, and they start fighting) right after the dialog.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 06:35:55 am by CyberSarkany »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2008, 01:50:57 pm »
 :shock: whoops.....ok fix'd and confirmed this time.

As for the indexes we would definitely be replacing the indexes.  JLukas has already listed which slot is used by which weapon here:

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=6024.0

So when you are ready you can just make a bug like:

Make slot W increase these X stats by this Y amount and put that index on these Z items. 

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2008, 05:04:36 am »
Added 2 sidequests:

Glenn trains the knights:

After Glenn joins the party if you go to guardia castle the front guard mentiosn new recruits in the barracks.
Go there and Samuel (the guy i added to mystic tunnel), tata who has abandoned porre, and a new guy called danny. 
Glenn ells them to go out and be noble and all that jazz.
Throughout the game the three npcs appear in 3 different places
danny goes to to mystic settlement and he's helping them build
samuel is in truce canyon getting courage to fight imps
tata summons the courage to tell his dad he is leaving
after seeing them all go back to guardia castle and the king knights them and gives glenn his ultimate armor

Data Cube and Agent 9:

After reptite land go to chronopolis resident and an old man tells you how his son was sent to look for the datacube but never ame back
There's a new jungle area that was made by chrono 99 (i assume) but never added reachable by epoch
it's a maze with no bad guys the map is way to complicated to add battles.
Get to the NE corner and Agent 9 is there.  He has fallen in love with a girl and saved her life risking the timeline but is staying with her and keeping her hidden he can't find the datacube
He mentions reptites know the area better
Go to the singing mountain summit and talk to the reptite time traveller he agreess to do it if you stor ethe reptite story in the cube and let them live in peace (ayla must be present)
go back to the jungle and talk to agent 9, reptites come out and give you the cube.  Agent 9 gives you the cube and says that he is staying with the girl
o back to belthsar and give him the cube and he says since the girl would have died it's safe to brin gher back
go back to agent  and he is happy.  Gives you aylas ultimate armor as award.

phew

--JP

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 06, 2008, 07:50:09 pm »
While dialog can make a big difference, the knights sidequest feels rather weak to me.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2008, 06:51:53 pm »
I was actually thinking of ways to make it feel a bit more important. I thought maybe Dannys efforts could lead to a new area in Medina?  Also I noticed a pretty good joke about frog getting speekio to help which can easily be added to Samuels quest. Do you have any suggestions?  Just so you know the three quests become available one at a time so while it is short If you wait until the end of the game it should feel long If you do it during the actual game. Also jus so everyone knows I'm on a recruiting trip this week so I can't hack that much. Cyber has pointed out.a big during chapter 13 that I can hopefully fix tonight.

Jp

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 08, 2008, 01:08:47 am »
Bug fix for chapter 13.  The bug was cauesd when I changed the code to make ayla recruitable.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 10, 2008, 12:44:09 am »
Dalton Hot Fix there was a bug in daltons last stand cyber found that made game unbeatable.

applied zakyrus patch

started mall sidequest.

I'm feeling kind of under the weather for the last couple  days sorry for slowness..

--JP

P.S. 151 bugs as of today

« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 12:49:41 am by jsondag2 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2008, 11:42:48 am »
Hopefully  getting close to the last hotfix needed.  This one was for the Final Dungeon had some mapping errors that made it impossible to move on.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 13, 2008, 04:05:45 am »
Mall bartering is doable now.  I'm probably going to add some more trading to make it not as linear but the skeleton of being able to actually finish it is done.  I'm also starting the 1AD cedric sidequest as well as the speekio sidequest cyber mentioned which i really liked.  1AD is now revisitable if you return to the EoT in the epoch.  Speekio says he wants to travel and opens up a gate to 1AD for you.  Nothing new is there......yet.......

--JP