Author Topic: Another Topic To Find The Rom  (Read 23846 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: Another Topic To Find The Rom
« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2008, 12:19:21 pm »
I realized after replying to cybers bug about being stuck in guardia that the ferry is closed during that chapter....I kind of like it being closed but we'll see what zeality wants to do the main reason i closed it is because i was to lazy to write dialogue for ithaha.

--JP

[attachment deleted by admin]

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2008, 06:00:11 am »
Did the central regime today.  Also cyber pointed out that my fix for the bug literally fixed nothing...:(

This should fix it and I did personally test to make sure it worked i swear you'll eventually get past that chapter haha.  Sorry about before i had to go to work and didn't have time to test it.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2008, 12:28:37 pm »
had forum issues yesterday couldn't post this.

--JP

EDIT:  Fixed Blocking bug going to frozen flame

« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 12:35:48 pm by jsondag2 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2008, 04:19:03 am »
Went through kasmir and the Guardia Castle attack today.  Treasures/Shops/Chests/Cyber fixes applied.

Porre Lab will take longer....and then.....the flame chapters (dun dun dun.......)

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2008, 06:19:01 am »
Added in Porre Lab.  I had to split it across more locations because certain enemies couldn't be loaded together.  But we went from all Terra Mutant fights to Terra mutant + Mutant + Sentry + bat enemies.  So it's a pretty diverse area now. 

I tweaked enemy AI's and stats and put in real treasure chests.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2008, 11:21:33 pm »
I got through ocean place revisited and some of the flame dungeons (crono/marle/magus/glenn).    They are hard to do because you only ave one character.  Anyways were moving right along treasures/shops/enemy tweaking/ and general clean up of those areas are done. 

We've gotten 20 bugs submitted so far (i've fixed 17 of them).  Keep them coming every bug fixed gets this thing more polished and release worthy.  Vehek found a  crazy one where if you slept at truce during a certain chapter it started the chapter over... turned out truce inn uses the same location chrono 99 was using for chapter dialogue boxes (i still have to add those...).    Fixing that bug MAY have caused new bugs...i went around and slept everywhere but who knows maybe i missed one.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2008, 09:42:27 pm »
Finished robo flame, dreamtime and almost finished dalton.
Some notes:

32 bugs
26 resolved

Base seems to be  a really weird enemy with the sight scope equipped.  I haven't marked the "ledge is hard to see" bug as resolved yet...it's hard for me to tell if it's hard to see because I made it.  I made it a little longer. 

I added robo back in the past working on fiona's forest (poor guy).

Mega Mutant (dream time boss) may still be to easy.  I gave him a magic counter and more HP...we may have to increase his offense/magic.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 25, 2008, 01:55:13 am »
Final tweaks done to Dalton's Dungeon.  Maybe I made dalton is to easy?

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2008, 02:18:39 am »
Zeality sent me a text dump for chapters six and seven. today.  I put in chapter six and fixed a small bug with belth and melch not leaving last village.   I also replaced the scene with gaspar and the entity with a scene with just the entity. 

Zeality

Singing Mountain placeholder on imitating drummer   {PC2 or whatever}: The resonance of the drums seemed to trigger something. Perhaps there are more instruments on this mountain we could use to imitate that Reptite with?

Currently every PC has a placeholder and Magus and Robo are the only characters with lines filled in (IIRC) do you want this line to be all the remaining PC's place holders?

also the upload folder is full so I can't upload the patch.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2008, 04:33:47 am »
I had a bit more free time than anticipated and did some bug fixes (most of the bugs cyber made today were pretty easy)

Some tech modifications, and a couple AI tweaks, applied Jlukas and Veheks fix to get sightscope working on bases as well.

I should be set up to make a run through the final dungeon tomorrow.

http://jpsondag.com/CE/patches/round2nearendbugfixes.ips

--JP

EDIT:  Oh yea and cyber...you couldn't go on because of something i did...again ...it's fixed now you're literally 2 rooms from the end of the game though and the end isn't code but hopefully will be soon!

« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 04:47:13 am by jsondag2 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2008, 01:15:53 am »
Alrighty most my hacking time was spent fixing bugs with the party  split area.  Mainly being able to switch parties during the split segment and there's situations where you can screw yourself over...for example if you switch while on top of the other party or near a angled area....to fix this i put a "panic button" which is L. 

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2008, 10:46:49 pm »
I'm attaching the fix for kasmir.  One minor thing to note is that loading a new mid game can screw up chests.....for example (this is just a hypothesis of how TF is working) say you only had 3 chests in the game and you've opened the second one..they are stored as

<closed><opened><closed>

but now if you add a chests to the first location..i THINK the game may only remember that you've opened the second one so now it looks like this

<closed><opened><closed><closed>
             -NEW!-

so now we've added a new chest but the game thinks we've already opened it...further more the chest which we have opened is closed again.. this is just speculating but the fact remains that after messing with chests i've added chests and had them be already open and i've opened the same chests multiple times.

So if you CAN potentially beat kasmir without going to a new patch try to...otherwise if you see a chest open..i guess mark it down somewhere so you can test it out later.

I just realized that instead of worrying about that I could make a hotfix that changed ONLY kasmirs AI (since it doesn't ever move).  Hotfix is in enemy modification.

--JP
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 02:43:33 am by jsondag2 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2008, 02:24:36 am »
I was going to start the ending today but walking around the final dungeon I realized I really had alot of patching up to do here.  So I did. 

Were at 80 bugs :)  That's getting close to 1/5 of what I wanted so I would say we are on track especially considering the  amount I plan to add when i do my pre round3 no speedup run :)

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2008, 05:08:58 am »
phew....i got some of the ending finished up through right after the kasmir fight.  It's turning out pretty good if I do say so myself. 

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 31, 2008, 03:40:31 am »
Added the second part of the ending today.  They fight zeal, i did the flame combining with zeal to make super zeal based off cybers feeback.

--JP