Author Topic: Another Topic To Find The Rom  (Read 24731 times)

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
Re: Another Topic To Find The Rom
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2008, 08:27:40 am »
Did you miss adding the patch?

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2008, 12:04:46 pm »
Did you miss adding the patch?
Yes I did :)  Here it is:

--JP

[attachment deleted by admin]

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2008, 06:57:17 am »
And the party rolls on.  I did shops + treasures for singing mountain/pre history.  adjusted stats and all that jazz as well.  I've now begun Marle, so far I added two new rooms to 1 AD. 

Finally i brought in some tiles that Justin made YEARS ago haha.  http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2531.0;attach=569.  I edited the colors a little bit and now it's in our "Future OW" tile set...

Bringing them in pretty much killed Lucca/robos reptite timeline I didn't fix it cause that OW map is going to be redone anyways you should be able still access exits and such assuming you know where they are.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2008, 06:22:58 am »
i spent today doing graphic hacking, might as well bite the bullet....

I took a look at chrono 99's 1999 AD tileset and it does indeed seem to be to large.  However, there was some space that could be saved by using the tiles a bit sneakier ( for example instead of puttin two corners store one corner and flip it horizontally/vertically).  I didn't get everything in and i have no idea how he did some of the palette stuff but I think I did pretty good. 

There's a chance this messed with another map but it's worth it.  Our future is going to look awesome :)

I also went ahead and swapped out a baloon sprite for the dragon tooth...it's pretty damn ugly but all attempts to get a spriter have failed.

--JP

EDIT:  kind of a milestone everyone we officially have hit a 1 MB patch!  Since the rom is 4 MB that's 1/4 of the game that we have changed :)  That may not sound like alot but when you think that a majority of the graphics, techs, animation data, core programming (what pressing left does, how exits work, how textboxes appear), the battle system  etc have not been touched then we've definitely edited a significant part of the "editable" data.  :)

Zeality it won't let me post the patch cause it's to large is there a way to increase the size?  Until then:

http://jpsondag.com/CE/patches/crono99sgraphicsreturn.ips

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2008, 02:07:45 am »
OK i finished adding the a new forest area in 1 AD.  I also updated it's shop and treasure chests up until Terra Tower.  I took cybers advice on Marle, making a strong weapon be buyable for her but a choas causing weapon can be found in the new forest (it's weaker).  I also had kilwalas drop shields.  This makes this chapter less frustrating. 

1 AD now has 2 rooms for the lake, 2 rooms for the new forest area, snaking forest (i guess you can say this is 6 rooms, 4 residential and terra tower.  Much more fleshed out then before.  Tomorrow I'll make some minor tweaks to snaking forest and see how terra tower is.

Oh yea i also fixed the 1999 Reptite OW that got killed due to putting in the new tileset.  The exits work on it now :)

http://jpsondag.com/CE/patches/preparingMarle.ips

--JP

« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 04:08:15 am by ZeaLitY »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2008, 04:25:22 am »
Chapter 2: 
JP Notes:  There's nothing here for King Guardia

In King Zeal's message after he hits Magus, after "I'll let you live for now" he should say    JP:  Note....the suspense here is killing e what should he say!

JP Notes:  There's nothing for the chef in cases Help Porre/ Neutral

Glenn when he talks to Janus says he's get some rest -> he'd get some rest   JP Notes:  I can't find this line
Outside Vanguard Lines for case help porre seem incorrect

GUARDIA: You'd better stop disappearing! You're needed in this time of crisis!

????: Hm...{delay 03}{page break}Something about this feels familiar. Perhaps it is too early to send you to the deep. Until we meet again!

For the chef -- it's just the same dialogue

Glenn to Janus is in the Chronopolis uh...work station room with the PCs when they reunite I think

Outside lines are the same for all...they're war-hungry I guess; at that point I coudln't think of interesting things to make for each scenario

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2008, 01:55:24 pm »
Fight atop guardia = losable
porre lab = losable

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2008, 07:10:44 am »
Alrighty, I finished Marle today and went on to CMG.   I added one final fight in the tournament which is losable as Cyber suggested.  If you win it you get shade elemental armor.  I figured we could put all the elemental armors in reptiteland since they use "elements".  So you can get shade by beating the tourny and lighting from doing the elemental beach side quest.  I also give you "cyancover" which I assume is the name of the water armor.  It doesn't currently do anything.  IIRC we gave away fire armor earlier in the game....Maybe it was if you made a chose neutral?

I cleaned up alot of the areas fixing priorities and made the chests.  Added a shop + inn.  Still gotta do enemies.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2008, 09:10:05 pm »
Finished CMG moving on to lucca/robo.

Tons of map tweaks done, fixed bug with key to "secret boss" (still no boss in the room yet though), added treasures, added scene where Crono finds marles remains (it's pretty good), added some more battles/exits, and finally added sorin to the room with the portal.....

PHEW haha...there was alot more to do here than i originally anticipated.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2008, 05:10:34 am »
More progress made in run 2 today.

Cleaned up maps in future world they were totally messed up from the tileset change.
Added some residential areas to future world
Fixed a bug if you want fro EoT to Chronopolis
Fixed OW location names (the ones that appear if you walk up to an exit)
Added Item/weapon shops to future reptite
Added Palette for Frozen Flame thanks to Vehek

The foundation should be set for me to plow through robot factory and TT tomorrow.  Cyber gave me plenty of feedback so we'll be shuffling some enemies around.  Then we'll be out of reptite land.

Mauron how is AI coming?  If you are having any problems let me know.  Vehek found tech properties so maybe that'll help with the issues we were having before we can raise the power of the tech that way.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2008, 09:28:52 pm »
Went through and cleaned up robot factory.  Also applied changes cyber suggested. 

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2008, 02:34:15 am »
Another productive day.

First off something I did caused a couple of rooms to blank out...hurray for TF's schnazzy backup feature.  Did cyber  changes for Terra Tower, I basically replaced hard things with robots because Lucca/robo are no match for CMG (even though i consider robo to be the best all around character).  We'll have to wait for cyber to go through to see if maybe now it's TOO easy...
Chapter 10 is short so i went through that to.  It basically involved throwing Sorin into the cutscenes and alluding to the reptite time traveller coming back to 65 Million BC. 

Chapter 11 (founding of guardia) will be some OW hacking mainly.  I want to add a guardia village to the NE.  We'll see how it goes :)

--JP

« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 02:35:50 am by jsondag2 »

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2008, 07:59:18 am »
Game crashes after defeating the 2 Summoners and Terra Mutant (Guardia Castle) during the screen change(pink screen). It doesn't matter if I use my savegame, or start a new game and use the debug room to go there.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2008, 12:02:38 pm »
Fix'd, it was that stupid chef again haha :)

I was kind of dumb fixing the crash for the first part of the chapter but not the second....

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2008, 03:24:39 am »
Here's a fun one bunch of non TF stuff:

Switched Enemy D1 (Giga Gaia);  To the guard sentry graphics (we had been using these for out porre soldier sprite enemies)
Switched Enemy D2 to azala graphics
Switched Enemy D3 to azala graphics

Gave enemy D1/D2/D3 new AI
Gave Cyrus new AI.

Switched Menu to red

Increased MP cost for level 1 spells.

--JP