Author Topic: Another Topic To Find The Rom  (Read 23845 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: Another Topic To Find The Rom
« Reply #510 on: April 29, 2009, 03:37:44 am »
Epoch is now in E.o.T and has correct solidity/priority in chronopolis.  Woot.

If someone wants to fix the palette feel free...i'm kind of scared.

Left to do.....I can't explain how boring it is to do this in words haha.

Missile Scene
Coming into chronopolis
OW/NPC Graphics

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 30, 2009, 02:30:44 am »
neo epoch tileset is in.  99 would it be possible for you to insert the NPC graphics or make the epoch NPC a tilset for insertion.  It's too small for me to comfortably do ( I'm using MSPaint here, don't have photoshop and suck at gimp...:( ) You seem to have making tiles out of spritesheets down to an art.

I also fixed a few pages of bugs by Zeality man .....we really didn't put 80 as the last parameter for the sound effects ALOT of times :-/. 

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 03, 2009, 03:36:25 pm »
about 100 new bugs from zeality haha...

Checkout.

--JP

EDIT: 99, if you planned on inserting ch. 14 today either post here or zip up the changes and I'll insert them, Zeality's bugs are def. not confined to a few locations

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 03, 2009, 06:26:10 pm »
taking a break so i dont go crazy.

check in.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 03, 2009, 11:27:36 pm »
round 2.

I flew a kite today!

Check out

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 04, 2009, 03:47:20 am »
Sorry for holding the lock so long, i got called into work.

I fixed the no brainer bugs of Z's i'll finish up the harder ones tomorrow.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: May 06, 2009, 01:55:37 am »
beta testers came back........

Looks like I didn' tattach the patch above....whoops.

--JP

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 06, 2009, 10:06:46 am »
Alright, here's the patch with Chapter 14.

* 7F01FF bit1 and 7E1BB6 bit1 are now used to make Kasmir's Fort appear on the world map, only after Ozzie tells you about it. I also put the No Landing Zone on the Fort so that the Epoch can't be stuck in it when it appears.

* The two Mystic Dens on the eastern island needed a different name than the one near the tunnel, so I called them Medina (replacing the unused West Cape location string).

* I added a mini-minigame of sorts in the Kasmir's Fort Main Intersection. There are 3 Henches sleeping and you can avoid the battle depending on something that may or may not be obvious.

* I didn't alter Flea's and Ozzie's minigames much (apart from visual effects). One of the extra little details is that you can now hit yourself with the guillotine after the game if you really want to :lol:

* The original Masamune now appears in the inventory as a key item (distinct from Glenn's equippable Masamune). I replaced Item E0 Ruby Knife which was unused.

One thing that you can probably do is replace the Imps enemies in the Fort with a different type of enemy. Imps are on the Mystical Knights' side so it's curious to see them getting guillotined by Ozzie and the party, even if these ones are green instead of blue. For the record, we have a lot of rebels and separatists in the story, so in the plot I made the Mystic separatists Imps to make them distinct than the other Mystics and to avoid having to use the word "separatists" in like every chapter of the game.

I'll start my playthrough soon!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 10:10:36 am by Chrono'99 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 06, 2009, 05:07:00 pm »
*cannot wait to get home*

OK, so we get the masamune Item from slash and remove it in the beast forest correct?  Kasmir's fort is a mini game machine!

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 07, 2009, 03:06:13 am »
Fantastic work!

I dont even know where to begin...

Ozzie's spells are amazing, the minigame (just like your other game which turned out amazing the drum puzzle), is tricky at first but obvious once you know what it is. great map polishing.  I dont know which I liked more the new place where you drop off the masaamune or the guillotine room....needless to say both are fantastic!.

Gas effect.....i still dont know how you did that layer 3? and shaking the screen in the room before the throne great touches.

Guys....the game is in a very very good place right now....we have ~3 weeks to spit shine it but I already think we have gone above and beyond what people expect from a fan game...

This honestly is a full fledged game.  I have a flight to atlanta which is just about as far away from seattle as you can get in the US so I'm going to be on a plane for a long long time.  I'm going to try to finish King Zeal and get as many frams as Chrono'99 can get me of glenn in.  I'm guessing that when I get back sunday night 99 will have a plethroa of bugs for me to fix :)

Don't be shy about checking out the rom this weekend and fixing them as you play ;) 

But seriously though.. 99 Enjoy your playthrough you earned it.  Though if you are like me it's hard to not just hurry up and fix a tile prioerity as you are playing, or switch a battle menu from top to bottom, atleast finish the chapter before you fix the bug so it doesn't interfere with the experience TOO much.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 07, 2009, 05:33:50 am »
V found 2 show ruiners, I wanted to fix them real quick.

--JP

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 07, 2009, 06:10:16 pm »
Gas effect.....i still dont know how you did that layer 3?

It's the "mist" layer 3 from Magus' Castle in CT. It was only used in a few rooms (like the last one before Magus' summoning room).