Author Topic: ChronoTrigger+ Eternal End  (Read 35852 times)

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
ChronoTrigger+ Eternal End
« on: March 15, 2008, 02:28:29 am »

I think the topic's title and the spiffy banner speak for the remainder of this post! (I IMPLORE you to read this entire post.)

I am proud to announce that ChronoTrigger+ is now out of it's "alpha" stage. Whoever would have thought it would ever have come to this? Especially since a vast majority of ROM hacks that die out of 'loss of motivation' or life issues that come up. (and life can be a f**king bitch sometimes...but hey, we endure!) I never would have made it this far without the valueable help that everyone has contributed! I thank everyone for their hard works and efforts, no matter how 'small' or insignificant it may have seemed. I personally thank everyone who has tested the alpha version and have contributed their bug reports. Thank you very, VERY much! Also, by some damn miracle I was able to fit the whole game in one 6-Meg ROM. (Geiger is has reached "Immortal" status in my book.)

With this release, this means that updates will happen less often, with the exception of a few bugfixes between Beta releases here and there...
Unless some horrible calamity comes up that I totally missed, I am taking some time off from this project. Though, knowing me, that'll last like a month or so, then I'll get sucked in again. ;p

Another thing to to take note of; there are a few cutscenes that are "automatic", so text windows close by themselves. This is because I synchronized the scene with the music. I apologize to people that can't read very fast, but I compensated the best I could. To my knowledge, most of the people that are going to play this hack are intellectuals that possess quick-reading abilites anyways, so it shouldn't be at all a problem for them. Such scenes to note are: Cyrus's Last Stand at the Denadoro, Prophet Banishes the Heros from the Kingdom of Zeal and Ocean Palace "Hall of Calamity" (aka. Hall of the Mammon Machine or "Immortal Shrine")

There were also some things I wanted to add to this version but ran out of time...that, and the 740,000 headaches that came up at the last minute. For instance, the extended Atropos/Robo scene is still non-existant (it's HUGE and still under development)....maybe next version. The Moonlight Parade Ending is still under construction, but enough is there that you shouldn't notice or care.

Also, it's very important to note that a few of the cutscenes are missing some animations and sprite movement. (95% of them are fully integrated) This goes in particular to Last Village & Lavos Core Cutscenes. (if Black Omen is destroyed all PCs will be at Lavos Core scene) the PCs will just stand there and converse. The anims, sprite movement isn't there, so don't fret. I tried many times to get a working version of this cut with everyone moving and such but to no avail (the sprites either glitch eachother's colors or freeze the game...soon I'll have it figured out). However, the cut works perfectly dialog-wise.

There are some things to note, of course. I didn't get EVERY typo, grammatical error, or text window fixed. (though I'm damn close). Don't bother reporting those as "bugs" (unless the text is corrupted and totally unreadable). Being a perfectionist as I am, I know where these are and will fix them when I get the chance. I only really want to know about glitches, game freezes, and corrupted text locations.

With that said, you can obtain Chrono Trigger+ Eternal End:
<here>

To avoid any problems, make sure you apply to a NON-HEADERED Chrono Trigger ROM!

I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I had making it!
(in spite of the UNFATHOMABLE terrors of debugging...but hey, I'm a programmer, debugging code is my life.)

This thread will now be used to discuss this hack, therefore the "TemporalFlux Exports thread" is outdated and will no longer be used.
Please don't post any spoilers here, especially of some of the new, totally awesome, mind-blowing cuts that are thrown in here and there.

What?! You listened to my advice and read THIS far?!
What the hell are you waiting for?!
Download the hack dammit! :p

~Z (aka. Zakyrus, Deitus and J. Jensen)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 11:31:49 pm by Zakyrus »

Mark-0

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/crozilla6
Re: ChronoTrigger+ Eternal End Beta1
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 01:29:54 pm »
where's the link for download?:P

Mark-0

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/crozilla6
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 01:38:35 pm »
oeps ry found it

FalconHit

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 04:22:39 pm »
Downloaded a new rom, patched it, and it won't load. Just stays on a black screen, I'm probably the only one having this problem though.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 04:40:43 pm by FalconHit »

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 04:40:51 pm »
So is it just one rom now that it's been compressed to 6-megs?
I wouldn't say compressed, but rather optimized; and yes, unbelievably, in one rom.  :D

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 04:57:41 pm »
Downloaded a new rom, patched it, and it won't load. Just stays on a black screen, I'm probably the only one having this problem though.

Did you use an Un-headered ROM?

FalconHit

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 06:08:55 pm »
Un-Headered as in no patch attached? Yes, I copied my original CT a couple of times, after that I downloaded new ones, and none of them worked. Just a blank screen that never starts.

Sailor Phantom

• Porrean (+50)
  • I am Sailor Phantom of Middle Earth!
    • View Profile
    • Sailor Phantom's DA
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 06:22:12 pm »
I'm getting the same thing, a black screen. I know it's an Un-headered ROM, but it's won't work.

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 06:34:39 pm »
Un-Headered as in no patch attached? Yes, I copied my original CT a couple of times, after that I downloaded new ones, and none of them worked. Just a blank screen that never starts.
I'm getting the same thing, a black screen. I know it's an Un-headered ROM, but it's won't work.
Ohhh man... :roll: Zakyrus, I'll handle this one... Falconhit, Sailor Phantom PM me for help.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2008, 06:36:00 pm »
Ohhh man... :roll: Zakyrus, I'll handle this one... Falconhit, Sailor Phantom PM me for help.

Thanks, BROJ.  8)
 I was going to say that I tried patching it before I uploaded it. So it does work.

dankun

• Guardian (+100)
  • Male...female......what's the difference?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2008, 09:44:17 pm »

Thanks, BROJ.  8)
 I was going to say that I tried patching it before I uploaded it. So it does work.

Yeah... I'm getting the same black screen of death here too.
What's so different about this patch that it just won't work?

Does this have anything to do with the fact that it has to be applied to an 'unheadered' ROM specifically?
Help would be much appreciated. And why can't you just offer to help them here?

What do I have to do to get an unheadered ROM? I have a feeling that all I have to do is to open it in temporal flux and then just save it or something, but I wouldn't really know how.

Since I already applied the patch to a ROM... could I just romove the header from it, and then it will work?

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2008, 09:49:12 pm »
My bad. I should've been more descriptive.
Yeah, open a un-modified Chrono Trigger ROM with TemporalFlux and remove the header (asks this by default) then save. After this, the patch should work just fine.

dankun

• Guardian (+100)
  • Male...female......what's the difference?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2008, 10:07:37 pm »
My bad. I should've been more descriptive.
Yeah, open a un-modified Chrono Trigger ROM with TemporalFlux and remove the header (asks this by default) then save. After this, the patch should work just fine.

Okay thanks.
I guess I'll try doing that to a normal Chrono Trigger ROM and then apply the patch to it.

BTW, I found a glitch that I think had already been found on the first release of the demo. Although I should probably say that I got it while playing through the previous release (the alpha). In the Heckran Caverns, there is like some sort of glitch that allows you to bypass the boss fight there. At first I got it by accident, by doing something while messing around with the menu, I think. Afterwards, I tried to reproduce it to see what would cause the problem but was unable to; after trying a couple of things. I finally tried (remembered what I was doing) to open up the menu, and was succesful. Has this bug been fixed in this version?

Sailor Phantom

• Porrean (+50)
  • I am Sailor Phantom of Middle Earth!
    • View Profile
    • Sailor Phantom's DA
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2008, 10:10:14 pm »
Well, I found some intersting bugs.
When everyone is going to leave, the text goes nuts, about half you can't read and the rest are quotes from the game.

And it acts like that until Crono stands next to Lucca and Marle and the game stops but the music continues.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 10:11:51 pm by Sailor Phantom »

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2008, 10:56:25 pm »
Well, I found some intersting bugs.
When everyone is going to leave, the text goes nuts, about half you can't read and the rest are quotes from the game.

And it acts like that until Crono stands next to Lucca and Marle and the game stops but the music continues.

Suckatude. I'll look into it, I never said this Beta was flawless. Though, I never encountered this...I'll see what I can do to reproduce it. I see that you made it to the end though...any other problems while playing this?