Author Topic: ChronoTrigger+ Eternal End  (Read 35825 times)

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
Re: ChronoTrigger+ Eternal End
« Reply #270 on: March 28, 2009, 01:17:02 am »
Good luck man! Sorry to hear about the flooding and all >.< stay safe!

I'll wait for the non buggy one :)

Azure

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 28, 2009, 08:43:29 pm »
Like Zakyrus said, I have it.  Fire me off a PM with your email and it will be yours.

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 31, 2009, 08:02:22 pm »
I'm back. The waters have dropped a few feet, though with the snow-storm we just got it could go back up when it melts. People are being allowed back into their homes. We got lucky so far. Anyways, I hope to get things rolling here later on tonight.  :)

~Z

CrunchyFrog

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 31, 2009, 09:05:06 pm »
 :shock: Jeez, I had no idea it was that bad up there. Gawd though you are one crazy dude, zakyrus. 8) Can't say I'm not happy to hear of progress and here's hoping gaia stays her wrath just a little while longer

Ishmayl

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 03, 2009, 11:13:11 pm »
What exactly is this hack?  The screenshot collage looks intriguing, but doesn't tell me much about the content.  Is it new quests, or just revised old quests, or something else entirely? Thanks

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 03, 2009, 11:25:27 pm »
What exactly is this hack?  The screenshot collage looks intriguing, but doesn't tell me much about the content.  Is it new quests, or just revised old quests, or something else entirely? Thanks

VASTLY expanded dialog and cutscenes. Added backstory. Advanced Enemy AI/Battle system. New Items. ...and MORE!  8)

~Z

Azure

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 04, 2009, 12:25:09 pm »

VASTLY expanded dialog and cutscenes. Added backstory. Advanced Enemy AI/Battle system. New Items. ...and MORE!  8)

~Z

He forgot to add the part where you'll hate us sometimes.  Between my twisted maps and his coding to make my maps work.  I hope you enjoy it, but I'm also hoping ya hate me a little  8)

Chocobo_Fan

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Is there no salvation in all the world?
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 05, 2009, 08:20:30 am »
Wow, Z, I read the interview FaustWolf posted, and wow! Amazing job! One suggestion I have, though: If you want to stay faithful to the Japanese names, try using the VWF hack to give you more room. (I absolutely hate item names that don't show what they are... e.g. "Platinum" instead of "Platinum Vest"...)

But great job nonetheless, Z! I'm really looking forward to this! :D

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 05, 2009, 04:47:08 pm »
Wow, Z, I read the interview FaustWolf posted, and wow! Amazing job! One suggestion I have, though: If you want to stay faithful to the Japanese names, try using the VWF hack to give you more room. (I absolutely hate item names that don't show what they are... e.g. "Platinum" instead of "Platinum Vest"...)

But great job nonetheless, Z! I'm really looking forward to this! :D

Why thank you for your input.  :D I will consider the VWF hack, but what I may most likely do is eventually code in some icons for the item list (eg. Vest symbol for the Platinum Vest so it shows "{VestIcon}Platinum", etc, etc) but that probably won't happen till 1.2 (which is where I'll actually learn the deeper aspects of ROM hacking and not just using tools like TemporalFlux)

Anyways, I'll be doing the fine tuning on the 1.085 hack, bug fixes and adding the last few cutscenes (as well as finishing Ayla's quest) after that we'll be at 1.09 which will be an official public beta test. If all goes well and smooth, 1.1 will be right after that.

~Z
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 04:50:00 pm by Zakyrus »

mav

• Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #279 on: April 05, 2009, 05:19:54 pm »
Your project sounds quite impressive man, and your interview totally garnered my interest in this hack's success. Good luck with it all; from what I've read it sounds like all your changes are gonna be good. Using icons to represent certain items (like the vest icon) and simply naming the item "Platinum", or whatever, is cool in my book: I've seen it done in a ton of RPGs, and people playing the hack will quickly grow used to it.

Good luck with everything--you're taking a huge load on, I hope it all goes for the best.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 05, 2009, 06:01:24 pm »
Becareful with the VWF hack.  I'm thinking of removing it for the tech names as it REALLY bogs down the battle when you're selecting a tech.  But it works perfectly fine in the menus.

CrunchyFrog

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 05, 2009, 06:24:50 pm »
Interesting stuff, Z! I look forward to this project as it gets closer to completion.

Just wondering though, are you interested in help with any of the music composition/alteration/remixing? I would love to offer some input if you feel the need.

Talah Rama

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 06, 2009, 06:33:42 pm »
So, when will the public beta be released?

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 06, 2009, 07:05:34 pm »
The trailer linked from the news page says "Summer." So that means you'll have CE, then a reason to play your CT ROM yet again. Pretty awesome! I've had a chance to play through a private beta, and it really justifies another play-through, which is huge for an overhaul of the original CT. It's like a totally different experience almost.

Talah Rama

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 06, 2009, 10:54:07 pm »
I thought that the 1.1 release was in summer.  Zakyrus mentioned a 1.09 release as well.  Does the 1.09 come out in summer or does that come out earlier?