Author Topic: ChronoTrigger+ Eternal End  (Read 34818 times)

Nintendonick4

• Iokan (+1)
  • Savior of You
    • View Profile
Re: ChronoTrigger+ Eternal End Beta1
« Reply #255 on: January 30, 2009, 03:46:20 pm »
Aye, brifye, I was in the same boat. Except that I didn't have a hidden email address, so I guess people just... forgot about me... *sniff* If only there was some way I coul- HEY, Chrono Trigger DS! I still haven't gotten all the endings!

Anyway, I doubt it'll be worthwhile to test out 1.08 by now. It's probably been worked on for some time now, and my Z-sense tells me a new release is nigh.

Lastly, isn't it time to let this thread die, since we have a new, more current one open?

brifye19

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
  • The black wind howls again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 30, 2009, 04:05:11 pm »
Where is the new thread so I can bookmark it?

DK_Donutlicious

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Good news, everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 30, 2009, 06:01:47 pm »
The new thread is the bug reporting thread I am assuming, which has been buried. I think you can find it on like page 3 or so. As far as the newest release goes, you guys aren't missing out on much. Due to some sort of issue with extracting the new data, the release Z gave to us to test was all messed up. If you look over the bug thread you will see multiple instances of moved exits, moved treasure chest markers, and in a few instances moved scripting. Azure and I had to do a bit of messing around to fix the coding problems. My main point though is that the release we have is missing a lot of the new stuff Z meant it to have; my advice to you is just to wait until Z gets 1.1 out. That's what I am doing; once I found out about the extraction issue, I realized there was no real reason to bother testing further, especially since Azure managed to test through to the end.

CrunchyFrog

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 02, 2009, 11:48:06 pm »
Hey ho, frequent lurker here. Firstly just wanna give a shout out and pat on the back to Zakyrus and crew for a quality project in the making. (Seriously, since I first played the demo I've been more looking forward to this than CT:DS :shock:)

One suggestion I wanna throw out there (unsure if it's already been said but I'm sayin it again, so sue me :o) with the recent advent of Trigger's .SPC hacking, I think it would be really great to incorporate some new tracks into the next demo, post 1.1 of course.

Besides Singing Mountain and the unused Battle 2,
I'd really like to see you incorporate not only some the other unused stuff from the pre-release http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6TXpaXfgCk
But also maybe even some of the Radical Dreamers tracks (I've seen a few videos where its been done already but it sounded really good)

*anxiously awaits new demo release*

[/frog]

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 03, 2009, 03:56:45 pm »
One suggestion I wanna throw out there (unsure if it's already been said but I'm sayin it again, so sue me :o) with the recent advent of Trigger's .SPC hacking, I think it would be really great to incorporate some new tracks into the next demo, post 1.1 of course.

Besides Singing Mountain and the unused Battle 2,
I'd really like to see you incorporate not only some the other unused stuff from the pre-release http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6TXpaXfgCk
But also maybe even some of the Radical Dreamers tracks (I've seen a few videos where its been done already but it sounded really good)

*anxiously awaits new demo release*

[/frog]

I plan on doing that, but that's probably going to happen in the next version. Most of my time lately is getting the new puzzles to randomize on every NewGame/+. However, there is a few things from the pre-release, such as the Sealed Pyramid Dungeon. (still being worked on)

~Z

Belaith

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 04, 2009, 03:57:33 pm »
I thought you were dead, man.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
Re: ChronoTrigger+ Eternal End
« Reply #261 on: March 26, 2009, 11:42:06 pm »
Sorry to announce this, but CT+ is officially "on hold" right now.
My city, Fargo ND is about to go under Martial Law and the citizens, including myself may be re-located.
We are fighting a 500-year flood (something of which we thought we dealt with 12 years ago)

:picardno:

Anyways, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that's that. I'm keeping a USB-flash drive of all my CT+ work with me at all times, and in that, I hope to continue the project at another time. Here's some pictures of the horribleness that ensues:

12th Avenue Bridge
http://www.ndsu.edu/fargo_geology/flood_photos/march_2009/12th_ave_n_toll_bridge1_fargo_nd_32.4_ft_24-iii-2009_schwert.jpg

Mar 2009 Blizzard
http://www.ndsu.edu/fargo_geology/flood_photos/march_2009/blizzard_fargo_nd_10-iii-2009_schwert.jpg

Elm Street
http://www.ndsu.edu/fargo_geology/flood_photos/march_2009/el_zagal_dike_fargo_nd_32.4_ft_24-iii-2009_schwert.jpg

Legion Baseball l Field
http://www.ndsu.edu/fargo_geology/flood_photos/march_2009/legion_field_fargo_nd_32.4_ft_24-iii-2009_schwert.jpg

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 26, 2009, 11:49:52 pm »
That's bad news, definitely. And those pictures beat what other similar ones I have seen.

Azure

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 27, 2009, 12:49:13 am »
I am upset by this news for more then one reason.  I hope you and yours stay safe Zakyrus.  I will be conversing with DK, and hoping that I hear from Zak about this.

Point being, I will see about releasing the current beta that was only released to DK and I to the public, dispite the errors and game ending glitches.

My apologies to our awaiting fans as well,

~Azure

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 27, 2009, 04:08:55 am »
Ha ha, f*ck it. Z here, high and dry.... or at least several feet above where the nasty flood of impending doom is going to be. Well, I'm going to work on this after all. There was a mass exodus from Fargo earlier where most everyone left. So, my oppositional defiance has kicked in and I'm gonna stay here with all my insanity. I have nothing but internet for three days straight. At least until I'm forced to leave by the M.P.'s and government or the flood of doom kills me, haha. Anyways, let's see if all of this spare time will give me enough time to finish everything for 1.1... I hope so!

drunk, party-in' and yours truly,
~Z

DK_Donutlicious

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Good news, everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 27, 2009, 06:04:12 am »
Sorry to hear about all that, keep safe Z, and don't worry about having to leave if you need to, the project can always wait for awhile, but, as they say, safety first!

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 27, 2009, 06:36:23 am »
Thanks. Heh. Yeah. Dams are starting to overflow and break. This isn't looking good right now. Well, either way I can't choose to leave as I don't have a vehicle. No matter what happens, I'll keep everyone posted as too what's going on, if I have to leave or not -- provided that electicity/internet lasts (which I doubt due to impermanence of reality, but I'm not throwing away all hope) In the meantime, I'll keep TFing away. Is it ludicrous to keep working in the face of disaster? Probably. What else am I going to do with my time?

~Z

Unclever title

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 27, 2009, 08:26:15 am »
No it... actually makes some semblance of sense believe it or not, but then again I'm a crazy procrastinator so...

Just pay attention to the water levels. 

Dethassault

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 27, 2009, 11:26:48 am »
Is there any way someone can fix the download link?

>_>

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 27, 2009, 08:25:15 pm »
Yep. Sorry, looks like I might have to leave town. Things are really bad here. The dike goes to 43 feet and that's where the river crests at tomorrow. That means level with the top + city being lower = very bad.

I don't wish anyone to release CT+ 1.1 without my consent, I want to be there when it happens.
SO.... anyone who REALLY wants the CT+ 1.085 beta-test (potentially buggy/workstation ROM) go right ahead and ask either DK or Azure for it. You must realize that this is exceedingly buggy and you play at your own risk. Anyone waiting for the rock-solid release, just be patient for a few weeks, I will get it out when I can. The 1.1 release will be so-worth-it if you wait.

For those that choose to use the 1.085 version, you must not post bugs OR release spoilers. (bug reports are okay I guess, but try to not spoil anything. I'll know what part you're talking about if you're obtuse enough... I hope. Just make sure you check with the CT+ bug forum.)

-With Dao,
~Z