Author Topic: ChronoTrigger+ Eternal End  (Read 36305 times)

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
Re: ChronoTrigger+ Eternal End Beta1
« Reply #135 on: September 11, 2008, 11:55:01 pm »
I'm definitely interested in helping but I suck with Temporal Flux at the moment. I was messing with it today and I couldn't get any overworld open besides present. The only thing I would request is not knowing about anything else except what I would be working on because I don't want to spoil the new parts of the game.

Maybe if someone could link me a guide to map making with TF or maybe help guide me through the basics on MSN I could help some.

DK_Donutlicious

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Good news, everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 12, 2008, 12:45:35 am »
I'm definitely interested in helping but I suck with Temporal Flux at the moment. I was messing with it today and I couldn't get any overworld open besides present. The only thing I would request is not knowing about anything else except what I would be working on because I don't want to spoil the new parts of the game.

Maybe if someone could link me a guide to map making with TF or maybe help guide me through the basics on MSN I could help some.

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Modification.html

That should have most of what you need. As far as editing goes, Azure and I have been editing locations. Open whatever .smc you are using (CT rom) by going under file and seleting open, then choosing the file. Once it is open, go under window, and choose locations. You should now have access to all the areas in the game! Try reading the guide by chickenlump and fool around with it a bit. It took me a few days until I felt comfortable with it, so if you get frustrated at first just take a break :)

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 12, 2008, 01:28:23 pm »
You spelt Retrieve wrong
Formidable

Edit: Sorry, just bothers me >.>

How horrible of me.  :x ...and I'm a perfectionist too! Thanks for pointing this out. Sometimes my brain gets numb from staying up all hours of the night working on this.

A mini game on the Black bird? Nice! :D I always hated the whole, go find your stuff, weapons, and money, but this may make it fun!

Yeah, I hated this part, but I thought...might as well make something good out of it.

I'm really loving how CT+ is coming along, oh and Zakyrus.. thanks for the new pics ^^, i love the one with crono as a child, makes things more intersing.. perhaps include a quest with him as a child??? or would that be to much?

There's other cutscenes that might be added. A quest though? That may be pushing it. We'll see how much space we have left after the other new quests get added. I'm actually surprised that I haven't run out of room yet!

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 12, 2008, 08:54:17 pm »
I have a good idea you can put  weapon, armor and item selling machins in the Black Bird. But it sells ramdom weapons for a big prize. At least is you cannot find then. I remember that the first time I could get the armors and have to waste mony on buying allover again.

KingKongFu

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 14, 2008, 07:24:35 pm »
Zakyrus, have you thought of implementing a cutscene when you meet up with Magus at 12000 BC after going through with Blackbird, where it shows all those scenes with Janus at 600 A.D., how he evolved to become Magus? Or is the simple story of him telling the party about it enough?

Also, I couldn't get to the Death Peak in the current version because I didn't get the Crono clone at the Fair before Crono died. And trying to get Silver Points to do that is really buggy and I don't know if you knew it before I told you. Thanks.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 15, 2008, 12:56:49 pm »
I have a good idea you can put  weapon, armor and item selling machins in the Black Bird. But it sells ramdom weapons for a big prize. At least is you cannot find then. I remember that the first time I could get the armors and have to waste mony on buying allover again.

I'm going to question why Balthesar would put a vending machine for Zeal's own forces...

Zakyrus, have you thought of implementing a cutscene when you meet up with Magus at 12000 BC after going through with Blackbird, where it shows all those scenes with Janus at 600 A.D., how he evolved to become Magus? Or is the simple story of him telling the party about it enough?

Yeah, I've thought about it. IF I implement that, it'll come in a later version as that segment would be 30-40mins long.

Also, I couldn't get to the Death Peak in the current version because I didn't get the Crono clone at the Fair before Crono died. And trying to get Silver Points to do that is really buggy and I don't know if you knew it before I told you. Thanks.

This issue has already been resolved.

Also, I will no longer be showing screenshots of cut-scenes, they will now be of new graphics/techs/enemies/AI

Upper left- New Sprite Palletes
Lower left- better cloud pallete for Guardia Castle - now actually has depth
Upper Middle & Upper Right - Beetles using "Blind Gas attack" Prototype 3 using "Missles"
Lower Middle & Lower Right - Dark Nu!

Basic Info:
Level 99 (Pink Nu is now Level 70-98!!)
HP 30000

Graphics: Nu with Dark Grey colors mixed with Blue (looks better ingame - the image quality sucks here)

Barrier Change (like Magus) instead casts: Luminair, Hexagon Mist, Flare, & Darkmatter

For its REGULAR attacks:
Dreamless
Grand Stone
Obstacle
Shadow Doom Blaze
Prism Beam (Darkness)
...and a few others.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 01:10:10 pm by Zakyrus »

brifye19

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
  • The black wind howls again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 15, 2008, 03:54:26 pm »
It is starting to look real delicious!  
 :lol:

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 16, 2008, 03:06:47 am »
Zak that's looking really nice man. I can't wait to play.

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 16, 2008, 04:44:08 am »
Awesome Barrier change like Magus :D

Chocobo_Fan

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Is there no salvation in all the world?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 16, 2008, 08:31:58 am »
Sweet! Excellent job, I can't wait either! This is looking really good!

(Pity I suck at hacking/spriting/everything so I can't help out, but eh...)

I think you should call it "Spekkio", though. Maybe make the Dark Nu a new (no pun intended :p) boss for one of the sidequests? Should definitely be Spekkio's final form, though I think that if you're doing that, you should get rid of the pink nu form. Maybe replace it with another monster. Still cool, though. ;)

And I'm pretty sure it's "Luminaire", isn't it? It might have a different translation in your area... What's Hexagon Mist, though? The level 3 ice move? I think calling it something else would be more fitting, but eh... :/ Your decision, and I can't really think of anything better, honestly. *shrug*
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 06:15:17 pm by Chocobo_Fan »

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 16, 2008, 06:13:57 pm »
Such eyegasms!  I love this =o

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 17, 2008, 04:45:06 pm »
I think you should call it "Spekkio", though. Maybe make the Dark Nu a new (no pun intended :p) boss for one of the sidequests? Should definitely be Spekkio's final form, though I think that if you're doing that, you should get rid of the pink nu form. Maybe replace it with another monster. Still cool, though. ;)

Already done this.

And I'm pretty sure it's "Luminaire", isn't it? It might have a different translation in your area... What's Hexagon Mist, though? The level 3 ice move? I think calling it something else would be more fitting, but eh... :/ Your decision, and I can't really think of anything better, honestly. *shrug*

Misspelled Luminair. Hexgon Mist is a strong water attack that Queen Zeal (second battle) casts.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 17, 2008, 07:27:27 pm »
I love the screenies every once and a while.  Stuff like that helps build rapport for the project.

FalconHit

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 17, 2008, 08:43:36 pm »
I thought I read somewhere that there might be new techs in the next release, is this true? If so, would they be more ultimate attacks? Like giving Marle an ultimate "attack" rather than some healing thing?

Just wondering.

Looks great though, can't wait.

DK_Donutlicious

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Good news, everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 17, 2008, 09:59:59 pm »
I thought I read somewhere that there might be new techs in the next release, is this true? If so, would they be more ultimate attacks? Like giving Marle an ultimate "attack" rather than some healing thing?

Just wondering.

Looks great though, can't wait.

In a FUTURE release yea, but not in the upcoming one. I would love to see new techs that soon too, but these things take time  :)