Author Topic: ChronoTrigger+ Eternal End  (Read 34697 times)

DK_Donutlicious

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Good news, everyone!
    • View Profile
Re: ChronoTrigger+ Eternal End Beta1
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2008, 10:12:32 pm »
Just curious as to how this is coming along :) Can't wait to give it a try

Azure

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2008, 07:40:59 am »
Its chugging along.  As mentioned, a new demo will be coming out eventually.  Just sit tight, the wait is worth it!

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2008, 10:18:55 pm »
I can't wait! It looks so amazing...

Sailor Phantom

• Porrean (+50)
  • I am Sailor Phantom of Middle Earth!
    • View Profile
    • Sailor Phantom's DA
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2008, 02:32:04 am »
I know it's worth the wait. But I am so excited!!

Azure

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2008, 03:00:13 am »
I can't wait! It looks so amazing...
I know it's worth the wait. But I am so excited!!
QFT

I'm honored to be mapping for this great hack.  I'm just as excited to see how it turns out.

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2008, 12:14:01 pm »
Alright. Time for some spiteful teaser stuff. (I just love torture.)

Here's some stuff showing some parts of Ayla's Quest.

Upper Left - Valley of Giant's Entrance
Upper Right - part of Valley of Giants with a sinister (and now very powerful) Giga/Terrasaur
...little do the party members know, that's not the only danger present!
Lower Left - one of the Valley's caves
Lower Right - the secret Searing Chasm Dungeon
(I'd show better shots of this but cave maps suck to make and some parts are still in shambles)  :x

I'm still playing with the AI of some of the new enemies so no cool battle screenshots yet.

This area will be for Level 80+. In fact, I don't the AI done yet, but I'm getting my ass kicked at Level **!
I guess I should tone down the stats a little. :lol:

Stay tuned for more CT+ 1.1 preview infos.

~Z

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2008, 12:25:52 pm »
WOW  i like the bottom two screenies especially

this is something to look forward to good luck zakyrus !

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2008, 08:45:03 pm »
I LOVE TEASER'S.

THANK YOU, Z.

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2008, 08:50:18 pm »
Diggin' it mon. Diggin' it.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2008, 08:52:07 pm »
More Alya awesome!

Chocobo_Fan

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Is there no salvation in all the world?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2008, 10:16:59 am »
Man, love this thing. Haven't played it, though, since I'm a casual gamer and don't want to play a beta version riddled with bugs... Sounds really cool though! Can't wait to play it. I also like how you're apparently going to end the game at something like level 90, unlike the norm for JRPGs, 50. I do find it a bit annoying that the storyline just stops at level 50 a lot... Great job on fixing that. :) (I assume that enemy stats will be scaled up accordingly...?) Oh, and are you going to add an 8th character? Or is that going to be too much of a hassle? (Seems like the poor guys at the 8th character mod thread are having a lot of trouble...) Just asking. Sounds really cool, though. Good luck! :D

Sailor Phantom

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • Sailor Phantom's DA
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2008, 03:41:27 am »
That looks so great! Gotta love teasers. :D It's going to drive me nuts but will make the wait even more worth it!

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2008, 05:03:43 pm »
Man, love this thing. Haven't played it, though, since I'm a casual gamer and don't want to play a beta version riddled with bugs... Sounds really cool though! Can't wait to play it.

CT+ 1.1 will have all known bugs fixed, so it will be considered "stable". We're going to comb through it like mad before release.

I also like how you're apparently going to end the game at something like level 90, unlike the norm for JRPGs, 50. I do find it a bit annoying that the storyline just stops at level 50 a lot... Great job on fixing that. :) (I assume that enemy stats will be scaled up accordingly...?)

Stats of everything are scaled accordingly. Lavos will be **. Black Omen a level 75 area. If "Elite Mode" is enabled, then the Black Omen will be have some Level ** mobs thrown in, just for kicks.

Oh, and are you going to add an 8th character? Or is that going to be too much of a hassle? (Seems like the poor guys at the 8th character mod thread are having a lot of trouble...) Just asking. Sounds really cool, though. Good luck! :D

If we add an "8th" Character it would be human Glenn, hands down. You could choose to have him if you defeat Magus. There may also be a secret way to change him back if you recruited Magus. ...but I won't go into detail of that yet. That would come in the Final.

~Z

Chocobo_Fan

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Is there no salvation in all the world?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2008, 06:39:59 pm »
Ooooh, human Glenn, interesting! Glenn's one of my favorite characters, but Janus is too... :( Eh. I'll use a walkthrough or something. :p Sounds cool.

Another interesting thing would be Schala, since it doesn't make sense that a time gate would send her to another dimension...and a very special one, at that. But that would require quite a bit of changing the storyline, and you don't want to do that, I believe.

And Beta 1.1 will be extremely close to the finished version? AWESOME!!!!!! :D I'll try that, and if it's too buggy, I'll try the next update.

But yeah. Great job. This thing is AMAZING. And will all of Lavos's forms be level **, or will, say, his shell be level 90, his second form be level 95, and his final level **, or something? Eh. Cool either way. :) The only JRPG I've seen where you end the game at a really high level is .hack I/M/O/Q, and that's because they had to put a lot of filler in. Can't wait for the final release! :D

What will happen to Spekkio, though? I think that while his overall power should increase, he should be fought with skill rather than spamming your strongest attacks, like with almost every other boss battle ever... Except for Nus, sort of, (which I count as sort of mini-bosses. I believe their only attacks are the "HP to 1" headbutt thing and the poke that deals 1 damage, correct?) which would be fitting since his final form is a Nu! Perhaps he has something similar to Magus's barrier changes, only it's not blatantly stated which one you need to use? I'm sure you could pull something off. ;) Or not, if you wish. I just feel like with Lavos at level **, there is no longer any need for Spekkio's pink Nu form, and that makes me sad since I like Spekkio... :(
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 06:46:04 pm by Chocobo_Fan »

Sailor Phantom

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • Sailor Phantom's DA
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2008, 01:49:08 am »
Stats at ** would make the game much longer, harder, and interesting to play. :D Not that I've yet to be bored of it. XD Still, it sounds so great!

I know I would be more than thrilled if there was human Glenn in the game. When I first played it, I thought that was what was going to happen when if defeated Magus. I was quite disappointed when that didn't happen.