Poll

Who do you think should be the 8th character when and if the 8th character hack is completed?

Alfador
Atropos
Glenn (Human)
Kino
Schala
Slash
Other

Author Topic: Who do you think should be the 8th character?  (Read 12309 times)

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Who do you think should be the 8th character?
« on: March 09, 2008, 09:06:10 pm »
So anyways; I was curious what the Compendium's opinion on who the 8th character slot should be filled with. For those who don't know, and new members, the 8th character hack was a project undertaken back in April 2007 by justin3009, TheOutlaw, Vehek, JLukas, and Mauron. Right now it's being as a technical thread, so you can see what's been completed so far. Just don't spam the thread with stupid, unproductive things such as: "Dude, when's this thing gonna be done!?", okay. :wink:

For the record: I think it would be cool if Slash was in the party.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Who do you think should be the 8th character?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 09:38:15 pm »
I voted for Schala, because she simply kicks ass -- IF some kickass sprites are made. However, from a practical standpoint, Slash is already ready to go; he's got all the necessary battle sprites, and isn't a total bastage.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 11:20:26 pm »
I say Atropos, just because it would be easier to use Robo's sprites.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 02:06:48 am »
I personally think Toma should get the lime light.

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 02:56:33 am »
Schala.  No question about it in my opinion.  :)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 03:03:00 am »
I voted for Alfador for various reasons: 1) it makes probably the most sense story-wise, 2) it's damn sad when Alfador follows Magus around in the remnants of the Earthbound Village and then you just end up leaving him there, 3) smallest sprite, probably easiest animations, 4) the one cliche that Trigger needed was a cutesy animal character in the party (I don't count Frog as cutesy), 5) Magus would FINALLY have someone who it'd make sense for him to Double Tech with!

Atropos dies and should stay that way until the future's changed. It gives Robo a nice personal touch.

Human Glenn's more like a sprite swap (or would it just be easier to make it the 8th character slot?)...Though it's definately got the coolness factor going for it...& it makes enough sense if you kill Magus...and maybe if you recruit him you can get him to reverse the spell anyways? If you're gonna hack it you might as well go all out, right?

Kino? Bleh...who's gonna protect the village while Ayla's away? I can only imagine him being a kind of Ayla Lite.

Schala doesn't make much sense story-wise...unless maybe you erased Magus from the game after the Ocean Palace Disaster...which might make for a cool Chrono Cross hack tie-in sequel later! lol

Slash...another meh for me. Doesn't make a ton of sense story-wise unless you just say he joins Magus after they're defeated just for kicks or something...Plus, I'd just see him as a Crono Lite...or maybe a slightly better version of Frog...? Some inbetween probably...

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 10:34:22 am »
For the record: I think it would be cool if Slash was in the party.

Again, I have to agree with you.

Peaceman

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 11:55:38 pm »
If Alfador were in the party, it'd be soo awesome to hack the game a little bit more and be able to face Lavos one on one with Alfador.  I know I'd get a kick outta that.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 03:10:30 am »
I voted for Glenn, but honestly, all of those would be very cool and damn impressive if you can pull it off.

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 01:19:36 pm »
I'd only vote for Alfador if there could be a Magus-Alfador-Crono triple tech "Catvalanche".

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2008, 04:44:54 pm »
i don't think toma was a choice, but it seems the most sense for him as an 8th character. 

schala wouldn't make sense due to chrono cross.

alfador is a little kitty.  doesn't settle well with me.

glenn (human) should just be a sprite swap for frog, not an 8th character.

slash would be my SECOND vote...  but toma wins FIRST.

Peaceman

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2008, 10:00:41 pm »
yeah, I've always felt that, even if Magus joins your party, Frog should have immediately been transformed back to Glenn...

Blackcaped_imp

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2008, 12:14:29 am »
Chrono's cat.

Thorn

• Earthbound (+15)
  • The Original Knight in the Woods
    • View Profile
    • Industrial Illuzzions Inc. - The Future of Entertainment!
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2008, 12:38:46 am »
I'm a wee bit up in the air...

Slash makes sense resource-wise, but I'm not great fan.
Schala would be a fan-pleaser (moi included) but would make no sense for CC, and would definately change some basic character motivations.
Alfador...um...no.
Glenn - I agree, a spriteswap for Frog.
Kino's a bit...well, no. Ayla FTW.
Atropos would be like Robo-Lite. And I don't like Cool hWhip Lite compared to Cool hWhip regular, so no.

I have to agree with the "Other" vote for Toma! He's one of those 'key' characters that just doesn't get a great enough time in the limelight - and the story wouldn't really have to change, considering the ghost/grave could still be left in for him.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2008, 01:26:20 am »
Voted for Schala, becuase CT needs another caster type. I know everyone can cast and such, but Marle, and Lucca, and Magus are mainly the magical ones while Robo, Crono, Frog, and Ayla are more physical. Well Ayla is all physical, so why not make Schala all magical.

Human Glenn would be my next pick, but like others have said I'd just like to see Frog revert back to his human form.

I have never played CC, I know WTF am I doing with my life!, so I don't really understand completely why Schala wouldn't work, but I will definitely take your guys word on it. No doubt things would get messed up stroy wise, so no need to explain it to me.

So for me, Schala, Human Glenn, then Toma and Alfador. Slash is meh since we have 2 swordsman already, Kino and Atropos would be clones of sorts, so no thanks.