Author Topic: The 'Hurrah, I am so HAPPY!' Thread  (Read 974 times)

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
The 'Hurrah, I am so HAPPY!' Thread
« on: March 07, 2008, 08:31:54 pm »
After taking a look at the 17 pages of the frustration thread, we need to be happy. HAPPEH! ... I'll stop.

So, essentially, anything in your life, like a promotion or an outstanding final, anything in the Chronoverse, like Crono finally speaking, anything on teh Internets, like your silly story is doing amazingly, ANYTHING IN THE WORLD that makes you want to scream in rapture... not really... post here.

If I may... my mom is gonna be playing a game she despises tomorrow. She hates Risk, but tomorrow is Family Game Night, and it's my turn to pick the Game, and the Game is Risk.

Post if you want, but let it be known, WE SHALT BE HAPPEH! Hear me?!

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
Re: The 'Hurrah, I am so HAPPY!' Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 08:50:06 pm »
Last Wednesday I decided to ride a bus home, on the bus I had a stimulating conversation about nicknames. Not sure how the discussion went but I ended up scaring 5 Freshmen girls of the bus before their stop. I fell bad now but at the time it was hilarious.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 02:37:12 am »
I don't even know what the difference is between the Frustration thread & the Things You Hate thread...so what would be the difference between this and the Stuff You Love thread?

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 04:17:10 am »
Well for one, from what I can remember, both Stuff you love threads didn't even reach the amount of pages Stuff You Hate got. We need to keep the positiveness in here!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 05:20:09 am »

He inspires me. I'm happy about it.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 11:42:31 am »
This will no doubt make many a Chrono fan HAPPEH!

Thank BROJ and maggiekarp for the clothing and hair design. Being in the Springtime of Youth, they churned out a bunch of different costumes for Magil over the course of two days.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 02:41:17 pm »
That's really cool.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 05:26:57 pm »
I don't know how much any color swap could make Guile into Magus though...even if he is "holding" (>_>) a scythe.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 06:07:35 pm »
It's about as close as we're going to get with a hack, given our current knowledge. To get even closer, we'd have to excise the model, reshape it as we see fit in Blender, and re-export into Chrono Cross' native format -- not an easy thing to do, and Luminaire85 has been generous enough with his time and expertise as it is. To make matters worse, we would need to be utterly careful that the revised model fits within the data blocks already existing on the game disc, as I'm about to unfortunately report in the Dark Serge Hack thread.

OR -- we can excise the model, reshape it as we see fit in Blender, and USE IT IN A 3D FANGAME. C'mon, the Compendium has to do this at some point in the distant future. It could be called C&D - Chrono & Desist.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2008, 06:13:59 pm »
BRAWL COMES OUT TOMORROW!

I AM SO JACKED!

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2008, 08:20:48 pm »
Wait, WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?! Brawl is coming out... TOMORROW?!

... heh... I must go ambush my good friend, Parker. He has a Wii. ... or four... his mom's selling them on eBay. But I must tell him! And I must beg him to let me play! Mewtwo would make me squeal the loudest fangirl squeal I have ever squealed!

The 'Stuff You Love' thread? That's just random stuffs you like, I think. Like muffins. This is like really happy good things!

... oh... my... god. Whenever I decide to poke around the Oekaki and I see maggiekarp's stuff, I say, 'Damn, that girl's good!' I then look at my sketch pad and cry. But that is... AMAZING!! Really! *hugs BROJ and maggiekarp*

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2008, 09:08:41 pm »
Hate to tell ya this, but Mewtwo isn't in Brawl.

Sorry to rain on the parade of the "The Hurrah, I am so HAPPY Thread".  :(

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2008, 09:16:56 pm »
I... I'm speechless. I-I just read up on Brawl at the site and... and... LUCARIO?! Not Mewtwo?! What the hell are they SMOKING?! *sniff*

Oh! Oh! I know why! I once wrote this story where Ackers, my pet Mewtwo, switched places with the Mewtwo in Melee and they caught him, so they wouldn't let either of them back in. But the good news is, when Super Smash Brothers Clash (the fourth one that I think is coming out who knows when), BOTH OF THEM will be in it! And Ackers will be in it! Ha! Haha! Ha... *breaks down in tears*

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2008, 10:19:54 pm »
This will no doubt make many a Chrono fan HAPPEH!

Thank BROJ and maggiekarp for the clothing and hair design. Being in the Springtime of Youth, they churned out a bunch of different costumes for Magil over the course of two days.

That's awesome. Must've been pretty tough to actually do that though, huh...?

BRAWL COMES OUT TOMORROW!

I AM SO JACKED!

And a rumoured May 1st for Europe. Hurray?

Anyway, I envy you man, have fun. :)

I... I'm speechless. I-I just read up on Brawl at the site and... and... LUCARIO?! Not Mewtwo?! What the hell are they SMOKING?! *sniff*

*pat shoulder*

Well, there's a good piece of news: Mewtwo WAS going to be in the game; his code exists, with a character model partially programmed. o.o

Oh! Oh! I know why! I once wrote this story where Ackers, my pet Mewtwo, switched places with the Mewtwo in Melee and they caught him, so they wouldn't let either of them back in. But the good news is, when Super Smash Brothers Clash (the fourth one that I think is coming out who knows when), BOTH OF THEM will be in it! And Ackers will be in it! Ha! Haha! Ha... *breaks down in tears*

...I automatically thought of Admiral Ackbar from Star Wars ("It's a trap!!") when I read that.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 10:22:34 pm by Pyt Fumv »

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2008, 10:34:46 pm »
I got flowers tonight.  Flowers make me happy.  :)

They were blue flowers, and I am currently replaying Chrono Cross so the first thing I thought when I saw them was 'ahh, bellflowers!'.  :)