Author Topic: Finally! I am done...  (Read 653 times)

dan_death

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Finally! I am done...
« on: March 05, 2008, 01:29:32 am »
Finally, I'm done with my song I've been working on. Although I had it recorded a while ago, it just wasn't as good as I want it, it still isn't but it's close to getting there, but I still worked hard on it, trying to get better quality out of my crappy mics, and little recording space. And as usually, I can't really think up song names. So this one is just called Everyday.

Here it is if you want to check it out.

http://www.divshare.com/download/3953309-081

The Password is 837. And just click the play button after the page gets finished loading.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Finally! I am done...
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 04:36:03 pm »
i'm on a work computer without sound...

is this just a song of you or a cover or what...?

dan_death

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 09:20:59 pm »
Me, my song I wrote, but needs more work on the guitar part, as in I need some more riffs and licks.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 10:31:31 pm »
I am a complete and utter layman when it comes to music production, but I decided to give this a whirl and now you can have a non-musically-skilled listener's input.

Great vocals, I could have sworn you were one of the Beatles. Your avatar probably put that idea in my head even before I began listening, though. :mrgreen: To my untrained ears, your voice is being drowned out by the music, especially beginning at 1:30 -- unless you were going for a gradual dropoff in voice volume and you meant to do that. The guitar tune in background is actually quite catchy, but perhaps it could be a bit smoother in terms of tempo. My 2 cents.

When I listened to "Everyday," it immediately brought to mind Zyko's "A Man By the Shore" remix of some music from Ninja Gaiden II and Chrono Cross. Listening to "A Man By the Shore" now, I'm not sure why that happened, as the moods of the two songs are very different in my mind. Anyway, at around 2:50 in that remix, there's a great example of voice over guitar, with the voice and guitar volumes done just right. Just wanted to throw that out there, as it's one of the guitar pieces I listen to regularly.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 11:47:20 pm »
Sounds nice, but the vocals are overpowered by the instrumental. Perhaps this could be fixed with a new mix?

dan_death

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 12:04:55 am »
I am a complete and utter layman when it comes to music production, but I decided to give this a whirl and now you can have a non-musically-skilled listener's input.

Great vocals, I could have sworn you were one of the Beatles. Your avatar probably put that idea in my head even before I began listening, though. :mrgreen: To my untrained ears, your voice is being drowned out by the music, especially beginning at 1:30 -- unless you were going for a gradual dropoff in voice volume and you meant to do that. The guitar tune in background is actually quite catchy, but perhaps it could be a bit smoother in terms of tempo. My 2 cents.

When I listened to "Everyday," it immediately brought to mind Zyko's "A Man By the Shore" remix of some music from Ninja Gaiden II and Chrono Cross. Listening to "A Man By the Shore" now, I'm not sure why that happened, as the moods of the two songs are very different in my mind. Anyway, at around 2:50 in that remix, there's a great example of voice over guitar, with the voice and guitar volumes done just right. Just wanted to throw that out there, as it's one of the guitar pieces I listen to regularly.

Thanks! I wish I sounded like the Beatles...but yeah, my guitar playing is mostly influenced by Chrono Trigger, and Cross, and my singing is influenced by Zeppelin and the Beatles.

And yes I can make a new mix, easy, I have all the channels in Audacity.

And I'd also like to do some more harmonics with my voice...but just can't produce a rhythm guitar riff to go along with it

Here's some of my other stuff:

http://www.divshare.com/download/3955976-6f1

Password 264

And "The Seasons" is the only other one with actual singing.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 12:55:02 am by dan_death »

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 01:35:11 am »
When you make a full album, ask me if you want it to be promoted on bittorrent sites.

EDIT: Very good btw.

dan_death

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 07:54:34 pm »
When you make a full album, ask me if you want it to be promoted on bittorrent sites.

EDIT: Very good btw.

Ok, I will, and thank you :D  I appreciate it.

dan_death

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 10:33:27 pm »
*BUMP*

I have a short new song, it took me about 20 minutes to make. http://www.divshare.com/download/4071660-add