Author Topic: One way someone could help  (Read 836 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
One way someone could help
« on: March 04, 2008, 11:27:16 pm »
While I finish up the Coding Skeleton it would be super awesome if someone went through and documented the Dungeons of Crimson Echoes and make a wiki page (sorted by dungeon) that contains the number of rooms and the number of battles, and the number of enemies in each battle.  This will help for two reasons:

1) Help us be organized as we move into the which enemy goes where phase
2) Help Me figure out what dungeons we need to "'fluff up" (add more rooms and such)

--JP
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 11:29:31 pm by jsondag2 »

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
Re: One way someone could help
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 03:30:30 pm »
I started a list regarding what enemies are where which looks like:
Chapter one (11.998 B.C.):
   Beast Forest:
      1st Room: 4 x 2 Beast, 1 x 1 Beast
      2nd Room: 1 x 2 Beast, 1 x 1 Beast
         3rd Room: 1 x Golem Boss (Boss Enemy)

Dalton’s Hideout:
Trap Room: 1 x 1 Golem  -> Shouldn’t be beaten
2nd  Room: 1 x 2 Lasher
3rd  Room: 1 x 1 Lasher
4th Room: 1 x 2 Lasher, 1 x 3 Lasher
5th Room: 1 x 1 Dalton Plus (Boss Enemy) -> Shouldn’t be beaten
*Note: First number equals the number of fight, while the 2nd number equals the number of enemies per fight.
For example: "1st Room: 4 x 2 Beast, 1 x 1 Beast" means in the first room are 4 fights with 2 Beast each and 1 fight with 1 Beast.

I didn't record the number of rooms, only the ones with battles, and it's from the "older" patch(where some chapter were skipped) only until this "skipping" part.

I might as well resume and expand it with the new patch, especially since most of school is done by now. But don't expect it this week, because the 1st of May is a "hiking with beer in a handcart" day over here, and it might as well expand over the weekend...

Any idea how I should format it to be "more useful"? Like adding the total amount of rooms behind the dungeons name in brackets? Or just add them like "xth room: No Encounters".

Should it also include treasure chests? I think it would be suiting for that kind of list as an overview.
Oh, and by "dungeon", do you mean only areas with bosses, or every area(like for example Fionas Forest)? Shouldn't matter much.

Or did someone already start/finish this kind of list?

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 03:38:56 pm »
Looks good, I would like to see total number of rooms, you can just put it next to the name of the dungeon (like next to Dalton's Dungeon").

I think we should do any area where there could be enemies, cause we'll add enemies later (There isn't really that many places with enemies that isn't a dungeon...like 3 at most).  The newer patch doesn't expand on existing dungeons so you can just skip to chapter 7 and do the reptite levels without covering any of the other dungesons. 

What is this hiking with beer in a handcart day a quick google search didn't turn up anything.  Is it for everyone or just a certain age bracket?

Thanks,

--JP

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 08:52:07 am »
I just started, didn't get that far thou. I added the Chests, because I think it would be a waste not to do it while recording all the other stuff. Like hitting 2 birds with one stone or something...
I also started a "Shop List", like which shop sells something where, because this should also be taken into consideration regarding enemies I think(like, if you can buy Revives, don't worry about one or two characters dieing during a "normal" fight)

The 1st of may here is actually the "day of work", ironically it's a none-working day(like holydays), so most people just wander to the pond near us with lots of beer and enjoy their time. Most people just don't care why they got off, they just enjoy it...somehow sad...

EDIT: Before I forget, I also added areas like Cathedral and Guardia Castle(even though I'm not sure if there will be any battles...) because of tweaking Chests or something...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 08:59:26 am by CyberSarkany »

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 05:36:48 pm »
(Using new post so last one won't be so filled)

I did most of it so far, not sure if the way I did it is that useful, so just tell if I should change something.
What I currently wrote down is Rooms, Battles and Chests(only if they could be opened).

I'm not finished yet, I'm missing:
Crono/Magus/Glenn in Reptite Timeline: The way throught Terra Tower when Marle opend the right Head(skull);
Same for Lucca/Robo;
The whole "2nd Marle Timeline";
The rest of the Central Regime Base(I still didn't figure out how to deactivate the cooling & backup system, well I didn't even find the cooling one...);
The Secret Porre lab;
Parts of the DBT Dungeon;

See and tell if it's useful in any way. The first few pages are from older versions, so if you changed enemies like in the Beast Forest, I didn't update that yet. It's also in "chronological" order, at least gameplay wise.
If there are any question, esp. considering it's understandability(not sure if this word exists), go ahead.
Oh, and I often didn't know the "real" name of those Locations, so I either used the one on the world map, or a what I think it is.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 11:18:16 pm »
This is very good work Cyber, I'll work on transferring it over to the wiki.

I think the next stage of the project will be making enemies the right difficulty if you are able to get me their stats i'll put them in game.  While you work on that I'll expand levels that look sparse on this list.  I think it's probably a little too early to add chests but it's nice to have them documented for later (good thinking). 

--JP