Author Topic: CT+ Demo 2 "Eternal End" / Bug Report Thread  (Read 14054 times)

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
Re: CT+ Demo 2 "Eternal End" / Bug Report Thread
« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2008, 10:49:02 pm »
Did you ever know that you're my heeeeerrrroooooo!

Anyways, I just got back form Florida vacation with the fam, and will be starting the new beta this week.
Maybe I should hold off until 1.1? Let me know Z.

brifye19

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
  • The black wind howls again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2008, 02:47:41 am »
So yeah I'm playing through the demo and I get to the part where the zeal mages keep freezing my game. Is there any techniques or hints on how I can defeat them fast without having to deal with the freeze over and over and over again. Thank you. :lol:

XABY

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2008, 11:12:24 pm »
VERY Long Rambling List of Mistakes I've Noticed:

There are some spelling errors ("skillty"), some grammar errors ("that will not going to accomplish anything!"), but they're not too much of a problem. There are also several instances of two words missing a space between them, and oddly enough most of them were "aswell".

There are a numerous occasions where Frog's dialouge wasn't updated. Most of these seem to be event related parts where Marle and Lucca will take the main role in if they're in your party. It was particularly noticeable during the Death's Peak scenes.

After the first time talking to Melchior in Medina he gives you the option of buying things from him. The two choices he gives you were blank of text every time I talked to him. It was easy to figure out which line meant what and there was no trouble buying from him, so it wasn't really a big deal.

The run in with the Frog King had some problems. My first time playing, I somehow managed to avoid seeing him at Denadoro, so I was a bit confused when I fought him. During the actual battle, every couple of frames his sprite would "fall apart" and become a jumbled mess of graphics. After defeating him, I went outside the Mystic Cave and saved my game. When I re-entered the map, the Frog King and his lackies were back but another battle didn't initiate, so I had to start the entire game over again!

Although this isn't a bug, I really didn't like being forced to take Marle and Lucca to the Ocean Palace. I always choose Frog over Marle and I love Robo's dialouge so I almost always have them in my party. This meant that my Marle and Lucca were very underused at that point. It was frustrating to have no warning that I'd be stuck with an underequipped and Cure-less Marle. :(

I used the patch posted earlier in this thread to get through the Ocean Palace, but immediately after the next save point I switched back to a ROM that only had "Eternal End" patched to it. So, the following glitches may or may not have been influenced by having used that patch.

After taking Magus along and getting all of my party members back, the game lets you select your party. After I did, the screen started flashing to black a few times. All the party members disappeared from the screen except for Magus. It did the flashing thing three or four times before forming the party I'd selected.

After the Ocean Palace disaster, both Lucca and Marle had their armor slots wiped. The two Platinums they had equipped literaly disappeared from my inventory, which kind of sucked. (This later also happened with Crono after he was revived, his armor had disappeared somehow.)

When going back to the Mystic Cave, the dialouge for the Crimson-tainted Blades happens again even though the skeleton isn't there and no battle initiates. Also, the Frog King is still waiting on the Zenan side the cave...

At Denadoro, when falling down the waterfalls there's a point where you can get stuck. On the second screen where the bridge is right next to the edge of the falls, you're supposed to walk under it. If the characters walk under the right side, they'll go on top of the bridge and be stuck.

Some weapons and armor have descriptions of "...". The Megaton Arm, Giga Arm and the Terra Arm all have the same description. The description of the Zodiac Cape says "Mg Def +10" when it really give Pwr +4. Power Seal has no description at all.

During the Fated Hour quest at the Northern Ruins, Cyrus starts fading out starting with his feet. By the time his head starts fading, his feet start reappearing! The Sealed Chest in 1000 says that the "Kali Blade" has been powered up when the sword in the 600 Chest is called the "Ogre's Bane".

The Ioka Traders dialouge gets glitched up when he's talking about the 20 of each item.

Giant's Claw had some problems.
-Going there before talking to Toma caused the game to freeze.
-Going to there with anyone other than Crono leading the party caused the game to freeze.
-Having any character that wasn't Marle or Lucca in the second position caused the characters to freeze at the entrance. Even with one of them in second position, the third character froze or just vanished.
-You can switch out Marle/Lucca after entering the cave, but any other character besides them vanishes (Crono will walk around solo).
-The characters will reappear for the second screen (Throne room) but will vanish again in the third screen. In the "Tyrano Lair" maps the characters reappear but in the cave-like maps any character that isn't Crono, Marle or Lucca will disappear. (This seems to go away more or less after you fall down the hole, as my characters appeared for most of the rest of the cave maps[Possibly because those maps have battles and the others didn't?])
-Frog's sprite is somehow stuck off to the left side and the Rainbow Shell is stuck in the wall directly below the cave entrance.
-Fiona and Marco are in the third screen. Fiona give a blank text box and Marco's is a bunch of weird garbage that mentions the Epoch. The Chancellor is also stuck in a wall above the exit on the left.
-Gato, Doan, a future little girl and Robo are all stuck in the left side of a cave-like map and Magus's statue nearly blocks off the exit to the next screen. Talking to Doan yields garbage text and talking to the Magus statue results in "-Robo)". [This is the map before the Tyrano Lair one that opens a trapdoor when you open a treasure chest.]

It appears that the problems in Giant's Claw were somehow related to the Moonlight Parade ending. Frog, the Rainbow Shell and the Chancellor are all on the screen where the chef guy was, which I take it was supposed to be part of a really cool ending. Talking to Frog reasults in garbage text about 'theft' and 'the lock'. The Chancellor doesn't say anything, Fiona still says a blank text box and Marco repeats the same garbage about the Epoch. Magus is also there and says "jb" for some reason and his text box doesn't go away unless you leave the screen.

The future girl, Doan and Gato all seem to act fine. But when you talk to Robo, he calls himself a Nun and says the same thing as the REAL Nun on the other side of the screen. There's also a patch of messed up graphics right outside of the entrance to Gato's exhibit and the entrance to the Prehistoric exhibit.

The text by the Telepod is very messed up. Everyone is speaking gibberish or weird bits and pieces of previous dialouge. (Although it was fun to see Ayla screaming about "psionic adepts" to Kino!) Oh, and the text boxes take forever to close (a few minutes!) After going through all of that weird dialouge, when Crono, Marle and Lucca were the only ones left...the screen froze. Luckily I still got stuff like New Game +, but I feel a bit cheated out of a proper ending... ;)

Even with all those things, this is still the most awesome hacks I've ever played, probably even one of the best video games I've ever played! You put a lot of work into this and it was worth it, it's amazing! The enhanced script really won me over. The final fight against Lavos was fantastic as what you added was something I've always wanted! And the begining was really cool too! XD (And that secret message at Death's Peak was an awesome find!)

So, all and all it was an awesome experience to play Eternal End! Great Job, Zakyrus! :D

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2008, 12:44:11 pm »
VERY Long Rambling List of Mistakes I've Noticed:

There are some spelling errors ("skillty"), some grammar errors ("that will not going to accomplish anything!"), but they're not too much of a problem. There are also several instances of two words missing a space between them, and oddly enough most of them were "aswell".

The run in with the Frog King had some problems. My first time playing, I somehow managed to avoid seeing him at Denadoro, so I was a bit confused when I fought him. During the actual battle, every couple of frames his sprite would "fall apart" and become a jumbled mess of graphics.

Grammer and spelling errors were already mentioned in the known bugs, as was the problem with the Frog King spirte. Skillty was a word Aragorn used in LotR.

Although this isn't a bug, I really didn't like being forced to take Marle and Lucca to the Ocean Palace. I always choose Frog over Marle and I love Robo's dialouge so I almost always have them in my party. This meant that my Marle and Lucca were very underused at that point. It was frustrating to have no warning that I'd be stuck with an underequipped and Cure-less Marle. :(

Sorry, it's neccessary for the plot development. I guess I should've warned everyone.

I used the patch posted earlier in this thread to get through the Ocean Palace, but immediately after the next save point I switched back to a ROM that only had "Eternal End" patched to it. So, the following glitches may or may not have been influenced by having used that patch.

Patching on an existing patched ROM could be the reason alot of these came up. Is this what you mean by this?

After taking Magus along and getting all of my party members back, the game lets you select your party. After I did, the screen started flashing to black a few times. All the party members disappeared from the screen except for Magus. It did the flashing thing three or four times before forming the party I'd selected.

Can't do anything about this one yet.

After the Ocean Palace disaster, both Lucca and Marle had their armor slots wiped. The two Platinums they had equipped literaly disappeared from my inventory, which kind of sucked. (This later also happened with Crono after he was revived, his armor had disappeared somehow.)

I've found this almost right away after release, this is so that you have to get owned by Lavos. I can't for the life of me get it working yet.

When going back to the Mystic Cave, the dialouge for the Crimson-tainted Blades happens again even though the skeleton isn't there and no battle initiates. Also, the Frog King is still waiting on the Zenan side the cave...

I didn't even see this, thanks.

Some weapons and armor have descriptions of "...". The Megaton Arm, Giga Arm and the Terra Arm all have the same description. The description of the Zodiac Cape says "Mg Def +10" when it really give Pwr +4. Power Seal has no description at all.

I haven't finished item desc. yet. If you have a cool suggestion, let me know.

During the Fated Hour quest at the Northern Ruins, Cyrus starts fading out starting with his feet. By the time his head starts fading, his feet start reappearing! The Sealed Chest in 1000 says that the "Kali Blade" has been powered up when the sword in the 600 Chest is called the "Ogre's Bane".

The Cyrus thing is driving me nuts, forgot to rename the Kali Blade in the textbox.

The text by the Telepod is very messed up. Everyone is speaking gibberish or weird bits and pieces of previous dialouge. (Although it was fun to see Ayla screaming about "psionic adepts" to Kino!) Oh, and the text boxes take forever to close (a few minutes!) After going through all of that weird dialouge, when Crono, Marle and Lucca were the only ones left...the screen froze. Luckily I still got stuff like New Game +, but I feel a bit cheated out of a proper ending... ;)

I can't produce this... hmmm.

Even with all those things, this is still the most awesome hacks I've ever played, probably even one of the best video games I've ever played! You put a lot of work into this and it was worth it, it's amazing! The enhanced script really won me over. The final fight against Lavos was fantastic as what you added was something I've always wanted! And the begining was really cool too! XD (And that secret message at Death's Peak was an awesome find!)

So, all and all it was an awesome experience to play Eternal End! Great Job, Zakyrus! :D

Thanks. 3500 hours of work so far.  :shock: (yes, I have no life)

I try to fix as many bugs as I can.

FalconHit

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2008, 03:04:07 pm »
Although this isn't a bug, I really didn't like being forced to take Marle and Lucca to the Ocean Palace. I always choose Frog over Marle and I love Robo's dialouge so I almost always have them in my party. This meant that my Marle and Lucca were very underused at that point. It was frustrating to have no warning that I'd be stuck with an underequipped and Cure-less Marle. Sad

Sorry, it's neccessary for the plot development. I guess I should've warned everyone.

I'm surprised you shot this down so easily, it's a pretty legitimate complaint. You can't force people into liking characters they don't really like all that much. I felt kind of the same way, don't care about Lucca so any new dialogue written specifically for her for that scene just fell on deaf ears, usually I bring Marle and anyone else to the Ocean Palace to tell you the truth, they all seem much more interesting then her.

In all honesty I kind of just wanted her (Lucca) to shut up.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2008, 01:14:53 pm »
Well I can restore it to original status. But then the 3 new cutscenes I'm going to add may not exist if I do. I'll think about this. There's ALOT more stuff done that's not even in the hack yet.

Nintendonick4

• Iokan (+1)
  • Savior of You
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2008, 04:35:22 pm »
Don't just write me off as a n00b, I've been lurking for years. I almost never post anything...

Anyway, this is in regards to the glitched organ puzzle. I'm not sure if it will be any help, but I saw that other people were having the same problem, and this glitch made me sad for about two hours until it finally registered the final R. The only way I could get it to work was by inputting all the commands as fast as the game would allow. I'm a very deliberate person, but after so long I was getting really ticked, so I did the really hard, quick button presses you do when you're mad at the game. The gamepad equivalent of shouting.
"...B-A-R, dammit! ...Huh. It worked that time."

(Of course, take anything I say with a grain of salt. I used to get my old SNES cartridges to work by threatening them, and my current favored method is to do a Moogle breakdance. Disturbingly, it works.)

EDIT: I've spent all day slowly working my way through, just ran into the Zeal Palace blackscreen. Haven't encountered any real other glitches, so I'm confirming it as a widespread one, since I haven't had any other problems. I'll use the patch to get past it... sometime...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 02:44:34 am by Nintendonick4 »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2008, 03:22:09 pm »
Does anyone know about how long until the next version of the demo?  Fury of the Ages or something like that...

Bah!  Nevermind.  A time table makes the wait seem so much longer.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2008, 03:57:13 pm »
Does anyone know about how long until the next version of the demo?  Fury of the Ages or something like that...

Bah!  Nevermind.  A time table makes the wait seem so much longer.

No exact time was given to me. He said in a week or so. That was about a week or so ago lol.

Then another delay due to RL, so who really knows. I'd guess by the end of the month though.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2008, 04:09:14 pm »
That soon?!  Awesome!

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2008, 10:50:51 pm »
Ack! These don't have anything to do with bugs/glitches...  :x

Anyways, on another note, Eternal End 1.1 is in the making. I have little time to do bug-fixing, but it's coming along.
Also, SirusD and I are getting some maps worked with so there'll be some major expansions in some places.

Give it time, it'll get there.

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 26, 2008, 05:14:55 pm »
Yey I cant wait!

brifye19 If your still having trouble getting past the mages, attack them first before they do their lock tech and freeze the game, sometimes if you get lucky, it will do this weird glitch where they all 'die' but your still in the battle unable to attack anything but your being attacked by invisible monsters. if thats the case you can just run away and the game doesnt freeze.

I suppose this is a glitch sorry if its been said before:

As someone else said right after you defeat Magus if you go into the cave the dialogue of the Crimson-tainted Blades happens again even though there not there, and if you enter Magus's castle, it brings you back to the chapter Magus's caslte. Ozzie, Flea, and Slash are still defeated but you can fight Magus all over with out Frog in your party.

Anyway great game and I loved the added cut scenes and how you had to take a certain party to the ocean palace and the others stayed and helped thought it was so cool, and I loved when Schala called Magus Janus and- yeah loved it. I'm gonna go finish the demo now lol.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 19, 2008, 01:15:26 pm »
Hm.....it's possible that Zakyrus physically changed  the map for the hack which could cause the NPC's in the wall issue.  I imported the original map from chrono trigger which could be the cause of it, but if you can still get through the walls this should be a quick "hack" (haha get it? )  to continue the game.

--JP
Wow. I must have missed this post. I read it offline as I was going through the list of bugs reported. Yes, I did change the map so that it was larger and more detailed, hence the reason the NPC is stuck.

Infinite thanks jsondag2!  8)

brifye19

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
  • The black wind howls again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2008, 01:53:04 pm »
This would work but the problem that I have actually screws my game. You know, the zeal mages that are in the elevator that you cannot run from.

It's truly disappointing. So I guess I sit and wait for an update!

Sailor Phantom

• Porrean (+50)
  • I am Sailor Phantom of Middle Earth!
    • View Profile
    • Sailor Phantom's DA
« Reply #104 on: July 12, 2008, 01:38:47 am »
I have an idea how you can get past the Zeal Mages. If you use this cheat: 41BC9FF7 you can defeat ALL the mages with 1 hit.