Author Topic: CT+ Demo 2 "Eternal End" / Bug Report Thread  (Read 14188 times)

FalconHit

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: CT+ Demo 2 "Eternal End" / Bug Report Thread
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2008, 03:05:44 am »
Just so you know, my intellectual pride lies battered on the floor as I type this. 

I just patched a clean rom and started a new game, I'm already noticing some differences, namely that Crono started with equipment, unlike the other rom.  I must have patched my original rom with another hack and forgot about it, then patched the beta on top of it.  I haven't made it to zeal yet, but that was probably the issue. 

I disagree. I have patched a clean, unhacked version of Chrono Trigger with the beta of CT+ and I'm getting the exact same problem. I walk to the door that leads to the corridor that Schala walks in and I get nothing but the black screen of death.

Just had the same thing happen to me.

theblackwindhowls

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2008, 01:55:30 pm »
Good to know that I'm not the only one.

I did in fact patch over a patched rom, but that was not the source of my problem.  The same black screen happened again with a clean rom.  I guess I'll just try another one.

To those who have gotten this to work, which emulator should I use?  I've tried zsnes 1.50, snes9x 1.51, and 1.43.

Sorry to be such a bother about this.

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2008, 02:19:55 pm »
Good to know that I'm not the only one.

I did in fact patch over a patched rom, but that was not the source of my problem.  The same black screen happened again with a clean rom.  I guess I'll just try another one.

To those who have gotten this to work, which emulator should I use?  I've tried zsnes 1.50, snes9x 1.51, and 1.43.

Sorry to be such a bother about this.
Zsnes 1.51; 1.50 has been known to have *many* problems, such as savestate corruption.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2008, 02:23:51 pm »
Hey Guys,

I decided to look into the problem for you guys and it looks like Map C1 (Hall to throne room) has been corrupted in that patch...It was like....literally gone?

So it's definitely not an emulator problem   I went ahead and I imported the original map and it fixed it however I've never seen a map totally blank out like that I'm worried that something new in CT+ has written over the data and thus my import overwrote whatever overwrote map C1 haha.

That being said I tested out that one particular location and it is working now, all the code was fine it was just the map that was gone.

I attached a patch that you have to apply to a fresh nonheadered CT Rom (it's  not just a patch to fix that one map it has to be applied to a fresh rom)

--JP

[attachment deleted by admin]

theblackwindhowls

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2008, 04:04:04 pm »
Hey Guys,

I decided to look into the problem for you guys and it looks like Map C1 (Hall to throne room) has been corrupted in that patch...It was like....literally gone?

So it's definitely not an emulator problem   I went ahead and I imported the original map and it fixed it however I've never seen a map totally blank out like that I'm worried that something new in CT+ has written over the data and thus my import overwrote whatever overwrote map C1 haha.

That being said I tested out that one particular location and it is working now, all the code was fine it was just the map that was gone.

I attached a patch that you have to apply to a fresh nonheadered CT Rom (it's  not just a patch to fix that one map it has to be applied to a fresh rom)

--JP

Just tried the new patch and it works.  The corridor leading to the Mammon Machine works too, but there are two NPCs stuck in the wall, which is no big deal.  I'm just glad I can continue playing this great hack.

Thank you for taking the time to look into this for us.  I think I can speak for us all when I say we really appreciate it. 

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2008, 05:01:29 pm »
Hm.....it's possible that Zakyrus physically changed  the map for the hack which could cause the NPC's in the wall issue.  I imported the original map from chrono trigger which could be the cause of it, but if you can still get through the walls this should be a quick "hack" (haha get it? )  to continue the game.

--JP

KingKongFu

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2008, 06:16:38 pm »
Hey Guys,

--JP

Damn it! I tried the patch you just gave us, patched it with a fresh ROM, continued where I left off (before I enter the Zeal Palace) and I STILL get a black screen when I either go to where Schala goes or towards the room with the Mammoth Machine! What's going on!?

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2008, 06:56:09 pm »
if several people say the patch doesn't work I'll look into it, but it seems like it worked for atleast one person.

--JP

Sailor Phantom

• Porrean (+50)
  • I am Sailor Phantom of Middle Earth!
    • View Profile
    • Sailor Phantom's DA
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2008, 02:42:12 pm »
So after I go to Frog, give him the Hero medal, and get the other piece of the Masamune, the portal doesn't show up. It doesn't open and the character disapear behind it when they go through. It also happened when I arrived at Medina village in 1000 AF.

When I go to save my game, the text overlaps it and looks like this:

When Frog takes the Masamune, the blue glow doesn't appear.

The big blue portal doesn't show up when Lavos wakes up.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 05:39:00 pm by Sailor Phantom »

FalconHit

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2008, 06:58:22 pm »
The new patch worked great for me.

So after I go to Frog, give him the Hero medal, and get the other piece of the Masamune, the portal doesn't show up. It doesn't open and the character disapear behind it when they go through. It also happened when I arrived at Medina village in 1000 AF.

None of this has happened to me though, weird.

Sailor Phantom

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • Sailor Phantom's DA
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2008, 09:00:27 pm »
The new patch worked great for me.

None of this has happened to me though, weird.
Really? Well now that's odd. Good though. Maybe it just doesn't like me. ;P

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2008, 01:58:04 am »
Sailor Phantom: 

It seems like your just having really weird tile/sprite priority issues.  Maybe using an old emulator?  For example the Big portal is there it's just hidden behind tiles (you can tell cause you can see it behind the candles).  I'm guessing the blue beam is behind he mountain......portal is behind towers/sprites behind portal and the saved game is behind the text instead of in front of it.

--JP

Sailor Phantom

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • Sailor Phantom's DA
« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2008, 03:05:27 am »
Sailor Phantom: 

It seems like your just having really weird tile/sprite priority issues.  Maybe using an old emulator?  For example the Big portal is there it's just hidden behind tiles (you can tell cause you can see it behind the candles).  I'm guessing the blue beam is behind he mountain......portal is behind towers/sprites behind portal and the saved game is behind the text instead of in front of it.

--JP
Yeah, probably. Oh and I used the patch you put up and it works. Plus, all the things I mentioned, all work normally.

Aprocalypse

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2008, 05:47:10 am »
This is where to post errors from the beta, right? (I had posted in the other thread where I downloaded it, but I noticed a bit saying this was where to post?)

Looks like an awesome patch, working my way through as I play through a low-level game.

Noticed a problem with the Zonker-38 - apart from the description, it appears to have lost all it's stats - 0 attack power, and can't be re-equipped on Lucca after you unequip it (can't be equipped on anyone according to the inventory page after you unequip it).

EDIT: Not exactly sure how I managed it, but once I managed to walk around the trigger for Hekran, and walked further ahead for the death scene.  Haven't been able to repeat it though, sadly. :(
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 08:45:03 am by Aprocalypse »

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 24, 2008, 10:35:16 pm »
I apologize if anyone's mentioned this before, but the battle music isn't coming up for me in Guardia Forest when I run into the enemies there...and I 'EFFIN LOVE IT! Is this actually a feature and not a bug? I'm really digging it.

This is a feature...  :)

This is where to post errors from the beta, right? (I had posted in the other thread where I downloaded it, but I noticed a bit saying this was where to post?)

Looks like an awesome patch, working my way through as I play through a low-level game.

Noticed a problem with the Zonker-38 - apart from the description, it appears to have lost all it's stats - 0 attack power, and can't be re-equipped on Lucca after you unequip it (can't be equipped on anyone according to the inventory page after you unequip it).

Zonker-38 is fubar in this version. Later when I can actually edit the specs of weapons, I am going to improve this as well as make the Sleep effect actually happen randomly (as well as make bosses immune to it).

I don't have time to look through all of the bug reports yet, but it looks to me people are able to play it near-flawless or have total problems... I myself, have run through it many times now and still don't see most of the bugs reported here...

Make sure you:
1. Use a blank Chrono Trigger ROM (don't patch on an existing CT+ hack!)
2. Remove the header of the CT ROM (load it up in TemporalFLux, it will ask if you want to remove the header, hit yes save the ROM and exit)
3. Then patch the ROM.

(In later versions I will start using headered ROMs to eliminate confusion...)

Also, there is the CT+ beta1.1 update coming soon. I'm unable to launch it now, but give it a week or two.

Features include (but are not limited to):
Fixed minor bugs such as the Manoria Chapel Organ puzzles...etc.
More enhanced cutscenes! (when do I ever quit?!)
A sidequest for Ayla (woot!)
...and more!

Stay tuned!