Author Topic: CT+ Demo 2 "Eternal End" / Bug Report Thread  (Read 14046 times)

XABY

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: CT+ Demo 2 "Eternal End" / Bug Report Thread
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2008, 01:47:41 am »
Like a few others, I'm having difficulty with the second organ code. The final "R" is never accepted. I've tried hitting it quickly, I've tried holding the button down, I've tried halfway in between those two...nothing works. I even updated to the Beta patch of the game, which I had hoped would have fixed that problem, but it's still there. I'd love to play more of this game, but I can never get past that part.  :( Have any suggestions?

As a side note, I noticed that if you enter in "L" instead of the "R" it will allow you to enter in "ABA" again. If you press "L" again you can keep continuing the pattern infinitely. It still gave the 'dings' of correct input even when I put in "LABALABALABA" which was neat.  :D

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2008, 02:51:30 am »
Like a few others, I'm having difficulty with the second organ code. The final "R" is never accepted. I've tried hitting it quickly, I've tried holding the button down, I've tried halfway in between those two...nothing works. I even updated to the Beta patch of the game, which I had hoped would have fixed that problem, but it's still there. I'd love to play more of this game, but I can never get past that part.  :( Have any suggestions?

Fixing this just went to the top of my list.

Mark-0

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/crozilla6
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2008, 12:53:05 pm »
i've really tried evrything but I can't come any further at the 2nd organ :(

FalconHit

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2008, 02:37:04 pm »
When going to Guardia castle after going to Zenan bridge I got stuck inside the jumping Chanceller, he just kept repeating what he was saying.

Also, this probably isn't a glitch but I'm learning all my techs and leveling up really fast, I'm at lvl 20 and already learned 4 techs for my party when I'm fighting Heckran.

Dombattag

• Earthbound (+15)
  • I'm new, So what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2008, 03:11:23 pm »
he made it so you level up faster for the bonus dungeons. -.-
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 03:33:50 pm by Dombattag »

FalconHit

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2008, 05:38:22 pm »
Jadeleaf shows up in inventory as Mythril Ore

XABY

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2008, 05:55:54 pm »
i've really tried evrything but I can't come any further at the 2nd organ :(

What emulator are you using? I had the same problem and was using Snes9x 1.43. I finally got the organ code to work after I loaded it up in the latest version of Zsnes. It still took three tries, but it finally did work and I was able to continue with the game! (Afterwards I saved and reloaded it in Snes9x because I don't like Zsnes...:D)

I suggest trying a different emulator if you can't get the code to work no matter how many times you try. That alone might be enough solve the problem. (The input codes don't seem to work well with Snes9x, because I also had some trouble with the code at Arris Dome. It took several attempts, but I finally got it to work without switching emulators.)

Dombattag

• Earthbound (+15)
  • I'm new, So what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2008, 01:42:41 pm »
The Jadeleaf plants that you can obtain on the Derandro Mountains turn into Mythril Ore. They must grow very strangely, or it's a glitch.  :?

Also, I don't know if this is a glitch, but my characters mass-leveled after fighting Masamune.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 01:59:58 pm by Dombattag »

theblackwindhowls

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2008, 04:43:00 pm »
While playing the beta, I hit a stopping point in the kingdom of Zeal.  When I try to go into the hallways of either the mammon machine or the throne room, I get a black screen and can go no further. 

I'm wondering if the room where Janus goes through the door behind the bookshelf is where I'm missing something, because there is a wind book like the ones in Kajar and Enhasa, but no fire or water books that I can find. 

The only way I could move past this point was cheating to go through the bookshelf, which took me to Leene square then to the elevator of the undersea palace with Magus as the leader of my party.  The game plays just fine after this, aside from having Magus a bit early.

Also, I seem to remember being able to leave the tunnel leading to the lavos core in the original.  In the beta, whether I go through the black omen, the bucket, or the day of lavos, I cannot turn back after beating Lavos' first form.  This kept me from going through the black omen 3 times to score prism dresses, bummer.

I'm just wondering what I did wrong to get stuck at this point, since I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem.  I don't think it's a patching issue, because I was able to play the game normally up to this point and didn't use cheats until I got stuck there.

Aside from the zeal problem, the demo is great.  I love the changes and the extra scenes.  I'm going to go through a new game+ just to go through the story again.  Great job.

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2008, 04:55:21 pm »
While playing the beta, I hit a stopping point in the kingdom of Zeal.  When I try to go into the hallways of either the mammon machine or the throne room, I get a black screen and can go no further. 
What Emulator and version are you using? Is the rom(original) you are using clean?(good Checksum)

The only way I could move past this point was cheating to go through the bookshelf, which took me to Leene square then to the elevator of the undersea palace with Magus as the leader of my party.  The game plays just fine after this, aside from having Magus a bit early.
Aren't memory values/addresses tricky? :wink: Remember, when you use codes, you're telling the game to do things for which it was not designed to do. (Data corruption, Overflow, and Glitches due to unset parameters usually arise once in a while.  :()

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2008, 06:40:22 pm »
I apologize if anyone's mentioned this before, but the battle music isn't coming up for me in Guardia Forest when I run into the enemies there...and I 'EFFIN LOVE IT! Is this actually a feature and not a bug? I'm really digging it.

theblackwindhowls

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2008, 07:55:54 pm »
What Emulator and version are you using? Is the rom(original) you are using clean?(good Checksum)

Just so you know, my intellectual pride lies battered on the floor as I type this. 

I just patched a clean rom and started a new game, I'm already noticing some differences, namely that Crono started with equipment, unlike the other rom.  I must have patched my original rom with another hack and forgot about it, then patched the beta on top of it.  I haven't made it to zeal yet, but that was probably the issue. 

I should have thought of that from the beginning.  It just didn't occur to me because it played well until that point.  My apologies for the dumb post, and for this post apologizing for it.  That's what I get for ignoring Occam's Razor.

Anyway, thank you for the quick response.

Once again, excellent hack.

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2008, 08:22:25 pm »
Just so you know, my intellectual pride lies battered on the floor as I type this. 
No worries, it happens to the best of us.  :)

KingKongFu

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2008, 01:35:09 am »

I just patched a clean rom and started a new game, I'm already noticing some differences, namely that Crono started with equipment, unlike the other rom.  I must have patched my original rom with another hack and forgot about it, then patched the beta on top of it.  I haven't made it to zeal yet, but that was probably the issue. 

I disagree. I have patched a clean, unhacked version of Chrono Trigger with the beta of CT+ and I'm getting the exact same problem. I walk to the door that leads to the corridor that Schala walks in and I get nothing but the black screen of death.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 01:41:42 am by KingKongFu »

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2008, 02:19:55 am »
It happens, I have a two copies of the exact same CT rom. One gave me a black screen, the other works fine(so far) I think its luck.