Author Topic: Lost in Prophet's Guile.  (Read 4019 times)

realworksuks

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Lost in Prophet's Guile.
« on: February 23, 2008, 09:38:25 pm »
Hey, on the romhack prophet's guile I just trapped melchior in ice.. and after that I can't find what to do next, I have tried what seems to be everything... i'm sure it's just something really simple that i'm missing but I can't figure it out.

I go to Zeal's room and it says she is busy with the mammon machine... so I go to that room and I can't get anything to happen.

Help!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Lost in Prophet's Guile.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 10:44:20 pm »
Below Zeal Palace on the world map, you can now walk to the left and go to that lake you see.

realworksuks

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 11:10:03 pm »
I knew it must have been something really simple.  Good job on the game Zeality!

Chris8282

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 11:35:29 am »
Yeah, I thought so too... Until I realized, from that point, there's about 8 minutes of gameplay left.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Nazarene Hebrew, Tribe of Dan, of Yisra'el; YHWH..
    • View Profile
    • NeptuneNavigator2001's Website in Progress!
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 09:22:32 am »
Hey...  Sorry if this is considered a (rather old) bump, but, where are the three Oboli, so the Developer's Ending can be unlocked?  I went crazy once for about an HOUR, pushing on everything in sight, but only managed to find the one Oboli coin in the Ocean Palace...

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 11:34:04 am »
Yeah, the other two are in the other dungeons (one in Mt. Woe, one in the Beast's Nest). For the Beast's Nest, you have to fall somewhere.  For Mt. Woe, explore every branch of the ground, because one offshoot will lead to a secret area.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 08:37:37 pm »
Hey...  Cool, thanks for the response.  ...Yeah, after getting frustrated enough so as to open it in Temporal Flux - and after spending some time figuring out how dialogue was edited - I did manage to determine that one of the others was on Mt. Woe.  Hmm; I'll look more carefully in the Beast's Nest from now on.  Thanks a lot!

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 02:37:19 am »
Sorry for the double post, but I thought I'd give this a little attention, which post editing doesn't allow...  So sorry...  Hmm...  That was...  Somewhat less of what I was expecting for a developer's ending, but still "acceptable."  (Of course, you made it, so how can it NOT be acceptable?  It's a fan project, after all.  Heh.)  I guess I was just expecting a bunch of people to pop up, like in Chrono Trigger's Development Ending.  Hmm...  If I do go forward with an idea I've had - making a ROM hack specifically from Magus' point of view throughout Chrono Trigger; basically Chrono Trigger with Magus as the main character - then, at that point in the story, I'll force the "narrator" to stop the game and say, "To find out what happened at this point, stop playing here, and go play Prophet's Guile.  Here, you d*mn winey-pants, I'll even save your game for you!"  Or something mildly crude like that, but still funny; have it save, and then ask the player if they've played your hack yet.  Hmm...  The lost history of Magus...  My friend wants to do a ROM hack like that.  Looking back on his life...  His "lost period..."  Maybe something leading up to just before Crimson Echoes, the beginning days of his searching for Schala - although CE isn't canon, it's good enough for me!  It's a really cool hack, ZeaLitY; good job!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 02:57:25 am »
Aha, well, most credit will go to Chrono'99 for finally making it happen. Thanks. Yeah, character-centric sidequests, expansions, or other stuff make for interesting and short, easy-to-code ROM hacks. Wish we had more.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2008, 03:13:11 am »
Hey, no problem.  Of course, Chrono'99; let not one man be put above another.  We all have our parts!  Hmm; this inspires me...  I haven't contributed really anything  - save for a fanvideo which was Land Before Time related - in my seven or so years of Internet surfing (that 2D fighting engine Mugen is what I wanted to work with, mostly, but I never got around to working on Lavos much, though I do have some sprites done; ehh......); ahh, I can see it now.  Hmm...  I wonder if I should wait until Crimson Echoes is released?  Not that I intend to leech from it or anything; gawd no!  I just don't want it to contradict in any foreseeable way...