0 (0%)
Debug
0 (0%)
Add to existing dungesons
1 (33.3%)
Spritework
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: What should we do from here  (Read 1031 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
What should we do from here
« on: February 23, 2008, 12:38:16 am »
Hey ,

So I sent chrono 99 a PM awhile ago asking if I could have the rom to import some stuff, at the time of this writing he hasn't been active since Feburary 1st.  There's no doubt in my mind that he'll come back eventually but at this point I've made a skeleton of most of the new material.  Before we start fixing things and making it pretty I'd like to have the complete skeleton of the game done.

I was wondering if you guys think I should just use the ROM I have currently for the main rom right now.  More than likely if Chrono 99 was working on the ROM he would be checking this site so I dont think it we would be stepping on each others toes, unless something happened to his internet and he is working on the ROM and just can't let us know.

I'll leave it up to you guys I can either:

1) Make my rom official and start connecting chapters
2) Clean up more stuff keep doing the individual chapter releases
3) Go work on techs or something?

or something else entirely

--JP
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 09:38:54 pm by jsondag2 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: What should we do from here
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 09:39:41 pm »
I added a poll  that way you can tell me what you want anonymously if you so choose.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 11:45:47 am »
Alrighty with a whopping two votes the results are in and we have ......a tie......

I'm going to go ahead and make an executive decision and move on with the hack with my rom there's a few reasons for this:

I've seen this project stall too many times
I think if Chrono 99 was doing the hacking then he would have checked this site
I won't do the reptite timeline cause that's the most probable for overlap between me and chrono 99

As soon as chrono 99 comes back i'll make sure he has the official rom until then full speed ahead.

--JP

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 09:16:03 pm »
My opinion here can go either way.  I'd say make yours official since your putting alot of work into it and no one else is.  I'd also say just go with your own project.  The way this one is, no one wants to breathe life into it really anymore.  I think the creators would have said something if they wanted it to continue awhile ago...I think it'd be best to put your efforts into something that YOU want.  But that's just me.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 11:28:10 pm »
My opinion here can go either way.  I'd say make yours official since your putting alot of work into it and no one else is.  I'd also say just go with your own project.  The way this one is, no one wants to breathe life into it really anymore.  I think the creators would have said something if they wanted it to continue awhile ago...I think it'd be best to put your efforts into something that YOU want.  But that's just me.

He actually was talking about other things to do on CE.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 11:36:09 pm »
Well it works either way.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 01:37:48 am »
Alrighty another milestone.  Should we start to do the Reptite Chapters ourselves or something else?

--JP

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 01:58:40 am »
Did Chrono'99 leave like a list of what he's done? I was just wondering.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 02:05:59 am »
I dont believe so.  I'm making the assumption he was working on Marle's Reptite world (1 Ad) because it was the next chapter.  I actuallly think the last post he made here was the 1999 AD OW.

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 04:32:15 pm »
So any thoughts?  I can either start coding the reptite chapter or do some more debugging.

Only problem is though some bugs have been added (thanks!) there's not THAT many i'd like to get a long list and just go through and demolish them. 

I know Zeality is playing through righ tnow so maybe he can comment on if he has some Zeality Style critiquing or the actual text we will use in the game. 

We can also start actually adding the battles/tweaking enemy stats.

I'd like to do more spritework but my attempts at getting a spriter failed....

Hm....I'll make  a list of what we can do and see if I can add another poll:

1)  Reptite Chapters, these are the final three chapters in the game.  Alot of rooms and maps are spread throughout the rom such as Terra Tower, the reptite factory and various NPC homes.  However, Chrono 99 said that the plot has changed and I'm not sure what exactly is different.

2) Start doing the enemies.  We'd need to pick a level we want the user to be and just tweak enemies so they are hard at that level.  Problem is w/o the reptite levels we have to sort of guess what levels the player is after those chapters.

3) Debug more.  There's a list of bugs on the wiki http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/CE/Bugs.html but not much. 

4)  Make current dungeons longer.  Eventually I plan on just going through the "unused maps" and lengthening any dungeon that seems to short.  I would greatly prefer a dediated mapper for this.  My dungeons are well....bad...and bland.  (Nightmare I know your busy right now I totally understand, i myself took a year off the project).

5) Spritework:  I can't do it i honestly try but even after I figure out how to do basic stuff (which takes to long as it is and involves asking alot of questions so that I feel annoying) it comes out bad.  We need to somehow get a good spriter in here to just do basic things like...give the imp horns or something so that it has a nice "fresh" feel to it.

There's more stuff to do but....it's really hard and we should do simpler stuff first (we need to conquer enemy AI and I'd like to add some new techs...)

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2008, 04:05:17 pm »
Well another Poll ends with a whopping 2 votes haha (I wonder if it was the same 2 people?).  Well once again we have a tie so I guess I'll go ahead and make the executive decision.  I'm gunna move on with the game. 

The main change in plot is the future timeline with Lucca and Robo.  So most of Marle's story (which had already been coded) can stay.

--JP