Author Topic: Zeal Dungeon (CTP)  (Read 13123 times)

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
Zeal Dungeon (CTP)
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2004, 12:01:58 am »
Huh, according to GameFAQs, Terranigma was released in Europe, but not North America.

Act Raiser is a rather unique game. It's half side-scrolling action and half town-building simulation. Overall, it was very well done and worth a play if you're into either genre.

Soul Blazer is the ancestor of Dark Cloud. It's a zelda-like action/adventure that throws in recreating worlds as you advance through dungeons and kill monsters. Its plot is thinner than IoG or Terranigma, but the game is somehow appealing.

Terranigma is the conclusion to the series. It takes place in earth and much of the game has the hero helping miscellaneous inventors complete their inventions, such as the hamburger or telephone, or reviving the world in other ways. Its plot is surprisingly deep and intriguing, making the game very worthwhile to play.

Of these four games, IoG is by far the weakest link. Terranigma has an engaging plot, while Act Raiser and Soul Blazer both have addictive gameplay.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Zeal Dungeon (CTP)
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2004, 06:24:01 pm »
Soul Blazer and Ilusion of Gaia are both really good games. I remember renting and beating them on the S.N.E.S. and having a load of fun with them. Terranigma I have a ROM of, and I've started playing it, but never got too far in it. I didn't realize that they were related storywise.

Hiroshino

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Zeal Dungeon (CTP)
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2004, 06:32:05 pm »
I have come to the conclusion that I will never understand this. I never even knew IoG was part of some larger series. Geez. :? What exactly was IoG about anyway? All I remember was the main character turning into another form with longer hair and better equipment, and a longer sword to boot. And how you used something for something else, blocks or something..my memory is really dull on this game. My friend had it so it was never really mine and he doesn't have it anymore and this was years ago, and I only played a little bit of it. The parts where the main character saves the princess or something, and somebody's family dies too, and I forget the rest except that the main character had some friends he talks to in the beginning. Heh, like I said though, my memory is obviously dull on the matter of IoG.

fxar99

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Oh how I wish to dream again...
    • View Profile
Zeal Dungeon (CTP)
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2005, 04:11:51 pm »
Ya, Illusion of Gaia! What a game... Terrible. Anyway, I couldn't see the Zeal Dungeon, the link is wrong or the file isn't there anymore, I don't know... I'm curious to see it, however.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Zeal Dungeon (CTP)
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2005, 05:26:39 pm »
Enix was briefly considering translating Terranigma and releasing it in the US.  If I remember correctly, they had selected the title "The Creation Of Heaven And Earth."  Anyway, the project got aborted and the ROM just got translated later on.

Shinrin

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
Zeal Dungeon (CTP)
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2005, 01:34:06 pm »
Quote from: Kenshin II
Probably. I doubt alot of people know what i'm talking about due to IoG not being to popular. It's just that I noticed that all the angls of the walls, statues, stairs and doors are exactly the same as in IoG. Could be just a coincidence, or mabye someone who made IoG also worked on CT. Just figured I'd piont it out.

Actually, Enix did help out with Chrono Trigger, AKA Akira Toryama and others. Even the Japanese Script has a Dragon Quest/Warrior Style to it (aka japanese Dragon Quest/Warrior Style) So yeah they might have designed it from that dungon.

IoG's in some of it's version (i think european and the usa demo) the title screens have Soul Blazer on them.. (think it might just be the demo)

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Zeal Dungeon (CTP)
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2005, 02:23:46 pm »
Enix didn't help out with CT. Some people like Horii and Toriyama who usually work for Enix did work on CT, but those are free-lancers and not Enix employees. Toriyama for example is currently working for both Dragon Quest 8 for Square-Enix and for Sakaguchi on Blue Dragon on the new Xbox.

Eggith Cyrene

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Zeal Dungeon (CTP)
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2005, 07:33:41 pm »
Actraiser is a totally seprate entinty. Soul blazer, Illusion of Gaia and Terranigma However are all part of the same series (to be played in that order) Terrnaigma was never released in the US but was localized in the UK. So there is a English rom of it. If one was to im the Sn b5eggie its "possible" that person could recieve the rom.....

And does anyone know where ican get the prerelease?