Author Topic: About the Masamune.  (Read 10152 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: About the Masamune.
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2008, 07:42:28 pm »
Dalton? wtf?

Anyways...I don't know if it necessarily has to be "corrupted" by each individual person. Especially since we don't see any reason to believe that Dario would be someone who would corrupt the blade. I think that either Garai's spirit (or w/e you wanna call it) or whoever before him that corrupted it did so but that it takes a certain amount of a good spirit to "purify" it again. Dario's spirit just wasn't enough to counter the evil corruption from Garai's spirit or whatever whoever had it before him did to it...

Then again, since the blade is supposed to reflect the wielder's heart, perhaps it wasn't necessarily "corrupted", so much as it's focus was shifted so that instead of empowering a pure heart, it tainted anyone w/doubt, hate, anger, etc. in their heart. Maybe all it takes for this to happen is if Masa & Mune are in some kind of hibernation...since Glenn was supposedly the last one to really wield the Masamune & the necessity of the Masamune (the destruction of Lavos) was supposedly accomplished, I think it's fair to think Masa & Mune would just take a break, right? :P

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2008, 08:40:24 pm »
translanka, i could NEVER EVER EVER EVER agree with you more.

i think what translanka described (and quite well, mind you) is the true NATURE of the blade.

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2008, 10:58:59 pm »
Dorino is the japanese pronunciation of Dream...

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2008, 12:35:08 am »
whoa whoa whoa.  thats news to me.  are you SUUURE?  if that is the case...  we're on to something.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2008, 05:02:51 am »
That doesn't sound right...I mean, not even taking into account the fact that I'm not entirely sure MagilsugaM knows the ENGLISH pronunciation of dream...:/

MagilsugaM

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2008, 06:47:19 am »
Hey I've been studying English for more than 8 years.
And MAYBE  Dorino is the japanese pronunciation of Dream. If someone could check this out.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2008, 10:11:06 am »
I don't know much but I'm going to side with the compendium's theory and say Dalton did corrupted it because The only thing missing in that theory is evidence other than that it seems very possible.

I thought the compendium's stance was that currently it is unknowable who or what corrupted the masamune (and why, if there is a why). While Dalton is a possibility, such a theory was largely rejected because he seemingly has no way to get to 1000 AD (his "gates" being spatial, not temporal, in nature). Indeed, what use would Dalton even have of corrupting the sword?

MagilsugaM

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2008, 04:36:02 am »
I done my research Doreen is the japanese pronunciation of DReam

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2008, 09:18:34 am »
interesting...  where'd you learn that?

(not doubting you, just find a reference for the compendium as a whole.)

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2008, 10:14:49 am »
Excellent (at least the translation wasn't as off with Doreen's name as, say, Masa and Munes... though admittedly, I like those better than Gran and Leon).

I still wonder if there might have been a Dorino/Doreen connection.

MagilsugaM

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2008, 02:59:18 am »
Actually Gran and Leon are spanish words Gran means Big and Leon is Lion...
I don't understand the conection  :lol:

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Love this community, and care for it as your own.
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2008, 04:06:31 am »
I would think, considering the way Dario fights, and considering his black elemental type, that something far greater than Garai's hopes and dreams corrupted the Masamune. I mean we're talking about one of the most powerful artifacts in both major games here. I'm thinking there had to be some outside influence in the corruption of the Masamune. It is even possible that when Frog died, the sword was sealed away for many years, allowing Masa and Mune to fall asleep. They could have been restraining the evil created in the sword when it was forged within the Mammon Machine, and when they fell asleep, it manifested itself as another controlling entity for the sword. Thus the different shape, color, and capabilities it has.

BROJ

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2008, 12:26:28 pm »
Actually Gran and Leon are spanish words Gran means Big and Leon is Lion...
I don't understand the conection  :lol:
It's quite obvious... The sword is rather large and it grows in power proportional to the user's conviction and power, which, notably, a lion often symbolizes. As well, one needs to best the blade in order for it to respect the user's commands, or if defeated, the blade will devour the user in mind or body.

I would think, considering the way Dario fights, and considering his black elemental type, that something far greater than Garai's hopes and dreams corrupted the Masamune. I mean we're talking about one of the most powerful artifacts in both major games here. I'm thinking there had to be some outside influence in the corruption of the Masamune. It is even possible that when Frog died, the sword was sealed away for many years, allowing Masa and Mune to fall asleep. They could have been restraining the evil created in the sword when it was forged within the Mammon Machine, and when they fell asleep, it manifested itself as another controlling entity for the sword. Thus the different shape, color, and capabilities it has.
I always thought that the Masamune always symbolized pure will and, like Grobyc, only obeys the master that can control the power and fury that it wields regardless of it's aura. However, if it is evil, it is likely to corrupt the minds of those with lesser willpower, rather than simply killing upon defeat. Either way it technically devours the candidate upon defeat in some way or another.(Again the lion bit...)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 12:42:18 pm by BROJ »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2008, 01:48:35 pm »
I always thought that the Masamune always symbolized pure will and, like Grobyc, only obeys the master that can control the power and fury that it wields regardless of it's aura. However, if it is evil, it is likely to corrupt the minds of those with lesser willpower, rather than simply killing upon defeat. Either way it technically devours the candidate upon defeat in some way or another.(Again the lion bit...)

Amen!

Peaceman

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2008, 07:51:15 am »
I done my research Doreen is the japanese pronunciation of DReam

whoa whoa whoa hold your horses.  I'm half Japanese myself, and that is NOT the pronunciation of Dream.  It's more like Doreemu...