Author Topic: I'm running for president in 2024.  (Read 785 times)

Ramsus

I'm running for president in 2024.
« on: February 13, 2008, 12:36:33 am »
Read the subject line. Comment below.

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: I'm running for president in 2024.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 12:48:00 am »

Okay, so I guess a good question would be: Why will you be running and what will you, in your opinion, bring to the proverbial table?

dan_death

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 12:49:00 am »
Will you make peace and not war? And encourage cyborg technology? Actually...I don't really plan on living here that long. And could you also state, why you are running, what benefits will come from your presidency, and how or if, you will make the country/world a better place.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 01:10:49 am by dan_death »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 02:27:00 am »
This will do wonders for the Chrono Community.   :D

--JP

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 02:46:48 am »
Unexpected. Although I'm all for it, don't you need a very large community behind you, or at least a lot of cash?

Ramsus

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 03:45:18 am »

Okay, so I guess a good question would be: Why will you be running and what will you, in your opinion, bring to the proverbial table?

In a democracy or even a republic, all free men have a responsibility to participate to the most beneficial extent possible. If I can become a good president, then it becomes my duty to do so.

I can become a good president, so it is my duty to do so.

All I bring with me is a dream and a vision. And in that dream, I see a prosperous, free, and peaceful world in which the individual makes his or her own choices, and everyone is given the opportunity to learn, grow, and succeed. In that vision, I see the path towards making that dream a lasting reality.

I believe I have the virtue and character, the self-discipline, and the will to carry out that vision. I intend to prove it not just through the things I accomplish in life, but also in the manner in which I conduct myself in my day-to-day life -- a manner befitting that of any great statesman.

Moreover, my conviction is pure. The is no self-interest in my heart; no desire to seek fame or adoration; no need for self-aggrandizement.

Rather, there is only the will to serve others and make this world a better place for everyone.

What more would you ask of a president?

Unexpected. Although I'm all for it, don't you need a very large community behind you, or at least a lot of cash?

Of course. Honestly, if I don't have both by 2024, then I've been slacking off.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 07:58:39 am »
Ramsus, if the Democrats and Republicans still have a hold on American politics by that time, would you go with one of them or start your own party? The...Chrono Party?

Blackcaped_imp

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 03:18:50 pm »
A few questions for you, Ramsus

1. I believe in your capacities and everything you say, i must say i respect you in a serious way, but, what are the bad things about your personality, in your own insight?

2. By 2024, there's going to be a energy crisis. What would you do to fix it?

3. If US started a war against China, the rising power, and you had to deal with it in your government, first, how would you face it? And second, would you protect your country by all means or would you take risks and try to get a pacific solution?

4. Would you help the third world countries?? (Well, i must say the question would be in context if, for example, my country still manages to be a country, not a colony or any other thing different.)

5. Which would be the strong point of your campaign? (I mean, what would you choose? Environment issues, poverty, some sort of Bush example of war, or something else? Be realistic please)

6. The most important of all, would you put pressure on SE to make a Chrono thing if it hasn't been done by those years? (I think this is ridiculous because if the current condition remains, ZeaLitY would destroy the world, but anyway.)***this question is a joke****

(Any mistakes, please forgive me, any idealistic thoughts, please imagine, anything that pissed you off, well, I'm sorry)

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 03:34:41 pm »
So ambitious, Rasmus. But allow me a few enquiries;

1) Of which nation/organization will you be running for president in?
2) Could you please provide three points each of merits and faults on the last 4 presidental administrations?
3) What historical or contemporary figure have you found inspiration in, and why?
4) To what extent do you agree or disagree with Proposition 469?

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 05:52:13 pm »
This topic makes me smile.  :wink:

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 07:39:16 pm »
I nominate myself as his running mate.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 08:27:33 pm »
I shall be his opponent, hopefully.

If not, I'll have to wait for his second term. If not then, fuck.

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2008, 09:01:04 pm »
I shall be his opponent, hopefully.

If not, I'll have to wait for his second term. If not then, fuck.
... we must brake you.

Ramsus

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2008, 09:57:12 pm »
From my father, I learned a long time ago how to gain wisdom from others' mistakes, as well as my own. More importantly, I learned to live up to every mistake, no matter how difficult the consequences.

From my mother, I learned diligence and hard work.
From my grandfather, I learned the dangers of self-righteousness and over-confidence in oneself, and the discord it brings about in one's social relations.
From my grandmother, I learned caring and compassion.

From my childhood, I learned to develop my own interests and cultivate my own learning, for those are more important than any talent or natural ability.
From my education, I learned to think for myself, to always question the source and reasoning behind every fact and opinion, and to distrust catchy-sounding arguments and sensationalist news media.
From my superiors in the military, I learned what qualities make a leader, and what qualities make a petty tyrant.

From General Patton, I learned a certain necessity for show and style in following one's destiny.
From Theodore Roosevelt, I learned the necessity of dedication to one's physical and mental growth, for both go hand in hand.
From Benjamin Franklin, I learned what it means to live wisely and frugally.
From George Washington, I learned the importance of restraint and self-discipline when given power.
From Marcus Aurelius, I learned what it meant to be a statesman, as well as a righteous man. I learned not to follow after fame or petty desires, but to always do what is right and good, as all we really own is the present moment and the choices we make in it. 

And from my own experiences, I've learned to reflect and recognize my own weaknesses and mistakes, and to try and fix them, so that they aren't repeated needlessly.

However, my world view is still incomplete, and I have a lot to learn and do before running for president of the United States. More than that, however, I still have a lot of growing to do as an individual and a person, so don't expect a lot of details or answers on what policies or solutions I'll have prepared for all of the world's problems, but do present as many concerns and issues as you all feel are important.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2008, 10:10:03 pm »
Had me thinking too, but then I realized that I'd be totally unelectable here in the land of religious freedom.