Author Topic: Tower of Geddon - COMPANY 2400 - Arris Dome  (Read 17266 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Tower of Geddon - COMPANY 2400 - Arris Dome
« on: December 10, 2004, 06:50:53 pm »
After replaying CC from around the Tower of Geddon up to getting the Chrono Cross, I found a few things I...found...interesting...

COMPANY 2400 - Of course, I had seen the words atop the entrance to Geddon before, but I had always overlooked them, not really thinking about what it could mean. Does 2400 refer to the year? What company?

Arris Dome - I only just found out that Arris Dome was a part of the Tower of Geddon. Did anyone else find this out? If you go to those turnstile-like electronic doors which lead to the Medical Book (for Doc's Lvl 7 Tech) before you get the keycard from the ghost in the previous section, you get this message: "Please-present-your-Station-Pass-for Arris-Dome."

Also, I was wondering who says this, "I love you so much. That is why I sometimes desire to smash you to bits!!!" It is said after you fight Miguel I believe and right before the Tower collapses or whatever...But it doesn't have a dialogue box or any forseeable person stating it...Is it simply the destroyed timeline which is speaking? I originally thought FATE, it sounds something crazy and off-the-wall that FATE would say...But FATE was really no where around there, right?

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 07:08:33 pm »
It's actually more likely that the Tower was a part of Arris Dome.  

FATE does still have a connection to its other version through Miguel, its unwilling guardian.  Remember that before the Serge paradox, Chronopolis existed there.  But Serge living after making contact with the Flame created the paradox that transformed his world's version of Chronopolis into the Dead Sea -- in Home World, the Day of Lavos still occurred, thus rendering FATE unable to be there.  Instead, a strange mishmash of history was created and condensed into the Dead Sea, occupying the space that Chronopolis would have.  This is why FATE cannot make contact with the Records of Fate from Home World, and must use Lynx as an emissary.

Lynx is Wazuki, Serge's father -- it sounds like something a father would say to a son.  Given that Lynx happens to be the biological incarnation of FATE, it makes even more twisted sense.

Hiroshino

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2004, 01:55:13 am »
From reading these two posts, I came up with something. So correct me if I am wrong in my post.

I'm guessing there was a company who worked at Geddon Tower, in Arris Dome, in the year 2400 A.D. that was called Company 2400.

As for who says, "I love you so much. That is why I sometimes desire to smash you to bits!!!"

That was indeed Fate. In a way it was Serge's father but at the same time it wasn't, and all at the same time it is Fate. Let me just explain to lessen the confusion I may have caused.

Wazuki was Lynx, and Lynx was a physical representation of Fate. Remember how Lynx says that he is in a way, Fate? Or something like that, and then sinks into the ground when he was Dark Serge, and then you battle Fate? Well that's what I mean about Wazuki, being Lynx, who was ultimately Fate. See, you could say it was Serge's father who said it but his memory was erased and he became Lynx, who was the physical representation of Fate. So now you can also say it was Fate.

So ultimately, even though Lynx was once physically Wazuki, who lost his memory, and was a physical representation of Fate after being transformed, it was really Fate.

That's why I think it was Fate.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2004, 08:38:53 pm »
Yeah, but that quote occurs right after the battle with Miguel, nowhere near the battle with Lynx/FATE...I'm just confused as to how it could be FATE when it doesn't appear to be anywhere near anything around there...

Also, when you enter the Tower, your party members (may) say that it looks like two buildings have been mooshed together...I simply assumed (after seeing the Arris Dome quote) that it was one part Company 2400 & one part Arris Dome...

Hiroshino

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2004, 09:19:53 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka
Yeah, but that quote occurs right after the battle with Miguel, nowhere near the battle with Lynx/FATE...I'm just confused as to how it could be FATE when it doesn't appear to be anywhere near anything around there...

Hmm. If I remember correctly, it occurred before the destruction of the Dead Sea, so it could revert back that part of the Sea of Eden without all of those ruins and such that had formed the Dead Sea. Maybe Fate was still somehow active in Home World and thus wanted to destroy that part of itself and all that became the Dead Sea, since it wanted the Frozen Flame destroyed in that dimension. I think the Frozen Flame was destroyed in that dimension. I think there were two since it long existed before the split between the timelines. No wait..that would mean there's only one, I think. Ahh! Okay, if there were two, then Fate had destroyed the Dead Sea to get rid of that one but if there's only one that's in Another World, then Fate just destroyed the Dead Sea and probably did it to maybe try and eliminate Serge or something. Please correct me if I'm wrong because I have horribly confused myself here..

As to how Fate could have done it. I think Fate might have still been partially active in Home World..but then again I'm not entirely sure. Maybe since Fate was able to scatter the six lesser beings of the once whole Dragon God on islands and have one set of three remain in one dimension while the other set were placed in the Home World dimension, maybe Fate was also able to destroy the Dead Sea from Another World since Fate seems to have some control over the dragons, including the ones that are in another dimension.

Quote from: V_Translanka
Also, when you enter the Tower, your party members (may) say that it looks like two buildings have been mooshed together...I simply assumed (after seeing the Arris Dome quote) that it was one part Company 2400 & one part Arris Dome...

I don't personally know anything about this. I was just giving my opinion and was trying to answer your questions from the first post.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2004, 10:29:32 pm »
I always thought it was a transit with the destination being the Arris Dome.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2004, 06:31:30 am »
Quote from: Hiroshino
As to how Fate could have done it. I think Fate might have still been partially active in Home World..but then again I'm not entirely sure.

It was probably FATE, or at least "the Fates". The 3 flaming stuff which appear and destroy the Dead Sea come from the same spot where the Fates statues (Clotho, Lachesis, Atropos) are located in Another World. These spots are named "Fate distortions" and Serge use them to go to Another Sea of Eden.

Hiroshino

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2004, 05:49:42 pm »
Quote from: Chrono'99
As to how Fate could have done it. I think Fate might have still been partially active in Home World..but then again I'm not entirely sure.

It was probably FATE, or at least "the Fates". The 3 flaming stuff which appear and destroy the Dead Sea come from the same spot where the Fates statues (Clotho, Lachesis, Atropos) are located in Another World. These spots are named "Fate distortions" and Serge use them to go to Another Sea of Eden.

I like that, because it fits perfectly in with my other theory of how Fate could destroy the Dead Sea from another dimension if Fate had some control over the other three dragons in that same dimension while Fate is in a separate dimension.

I also think that Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos are all controlled by Fate. Remember how the magnetic storm temporarily shuts down Fate which caused Chronopolis' defenses to open, which allowed Wazuki, Serge, and Miguel entrence to Chronopolis? Well, exactly what defenses were there to be that would block entrence to Chronopolis? I think that, that defense was the Fates statues; Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos which are controlled by Fate itself since Fate pretty much controls all of Chronopolis. When the magnetic storm ebbs away, Fate comes back online and the defenses go back up. Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos which are those same defenses of Chronopolis, come back up since Fate was online again. Also note that when you defeat Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos, that you opened up Chronopolis' defenses once again since you couldn't access Chronopolis before defeating Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos. Fate's defenses were defeated which allowed you access to Chronopolis. That magnetic storm just temporarily shut Fate down which is the source of Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos, which is the defense, which were the defenses that were also left opened temporarily.

Now, with that theory said, I can fit it perfectly into how Fate was able to destroy the Dead Sea.

Assuming that my above stated theory is correct about Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos being controlled by Fate, and having Fate being able to influence the destruction of something that is in a separate dimension since Fate is obviously influencing control over three of the six dragons that are also in a separate dimension; Fate used Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos to destroy the Dead Sea since as you stated, Chrono '99, the three flaming stuff that was used for the Dead Sea's destruction, came from the same locations as Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos. They were able to use those distortions that Serge later uses to reach Chronopolis, to destroy the Dead Sea from.

Now with that said, we can also assume that it was indeed Fate who destroyed the Dead Sea, and that it was indeed Fate who said, "I love you so much. That is why I sometimes desire to smash you to bits!!!"

I think there was only one Frozen Flame but if there were two, Fate probably destroyed the Dead Sea to also destroy the Frozen Flame in Home World, and to destroy Serge. But, if there is only one Frozen Flame, then Fate destroyed the Dead Sea to try and destroy Serge. I don't need to point out any further evidence of why Fate would want to destroy Serge since I'm sure you all know why.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2006, 07:13:06 pm »
The other stuff has been resolved, but does anyone want to take on the Company 2400 A.D. thing again?

DBoruta

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2006, 09:21:21 pm »
I'll take it on.  

If you notice, there's a lot of things in the Dead Sea that have almost nothing in common with Chronopolis.  This is very important when considering just what the Dead Sea and the Tower of Geddon really is.  For example, there is a broken down highway which is never seen in or near the Chronopolis research facility.  Furthermore, let's take a look at Miguel's words:

A future denied of all
   existence because of a
   change in the past...
   A future that was destroyed
   even before it was born
   rests here...condensed
   into the Dead Sea.

As we can see, the Dead Sea isn't really a ruin version of Chronopolis, but it is more like a version of a time freeze, except an entire time period is condensed into a small time freeze.  We can come to these conclusions through looking at the Dead Sea itself.  All the water there is solidified, frozen in time.  There are still things moving around there, however, so the place is not a perfect time freeze.  It's an enigma.  From the quote, however, we can see that the Tower of Geddon is a mesh of many structures from 2400 AD, including Company 2400 (which we can guess was just some big corporation in the future), as it was a ruined future that was condensed there.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2006, 02:18:46 am »
Yes, The Dead Sea is a complete conglomeration.

Perhaps the Dead Sea isn't just a mixture of Dead Timelines. If The Future that Belthasar came from was disgarded because he went back in time, then it indeed would appear in the Dead Sea. The Tower of Geddon may be a part of that future, but don't forget that the interior may be a totally different building from something like the ruined future.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2006, 08:31:49 am »
Some parts of the Dead Sea are Arris Dome's (particularly the train/metro/whatever station).

DBoruta

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2006, 08:40:02 am »
Well, I wasn't saying that Arris Dome wasn't in that mesh in the Dead Sea - it was.  In fact, there's proof that some of the Arris Dome was in the Dead Sea.  Serge & co. come across the "Day of Lavos" monitor there.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2006, 03:09:56 pm »
Okay, I added that explanation to the article.

supaaren

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supaaren.com
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2006, 03:40:11 am »
As for who says, "I love you so much. That is why I sometimes desire to smash you to bits!!!"

That was indeed Fate. In a way it was Serge's father but at the same time it wasn't, and all at the same time it is Fate. Let me just explain to lessen the confusion I may have caused.

It may sound strange, but I had the idea that it was the Time Devourer who said it...  The Schala part saved Serge 14 years prior, but the lavos part probably just wanted to smash everything up.  Although now that I read this thread, I'm thinking it may have been FATE.  Just throwing another possibility out there. :3