Author Topic: Sealed Chrono Trigger on ebay right now!!  (Read 2048 times)

Peaceman

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Re: Sealed Chrono Trigger on ebay right now!!
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2008, 07:21:06 pm »
What I like about emulators are the savestates.  it's kind of lame, but it definitely makes the game easier.  In other words, I can enjoy the storyline without that much effort.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2008, 07:56:37 pm »
On the topic of emulation, some people just can't get the game/system. Emulation is their only choice. I own not a SNES. I own not Chrono Trigger. I own not decent Gameboy games. What do I do? Emulator. Someone says, 'Tea! This game is AWESOME! Try it out now or I disown you!' and I say, 'I don't own it. But I'll play it.' Hunt it down, set it up...

Honestly, PlayStation emulators seem like far too much trouble. Our PlayStation2 is good enough, right now. So, just throw in FF7, then FFX, then Chrono Cross, then Sonic... most games I could ever WANT to play, I own. But simple stuff like SNES or NES or GameBoy or Genesis (our Genesis lost its games) on the compie, I'm fine with. Keyboard? Good enough. Controller? Hell yes. Some games, you should play with a controller. But others... meh.

And that's my pseudo-rant.

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2008, 08:51:36 pm »
What I like about emulators are the savestates.  it's kind of lame, but it definitely makes the game easier.  In other words, I can enjoy the storyline without that much effort.
That and you can toy around with memory addresses, color palettes, layers (both graphics and sound-spc), and the like. Those things definitely would *not* be very easy for the average person to do so otherwise...