Author Topic: Some Help, not exactly a problem though  (Read 823 times)

Crimson_Flame

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Some Help, not exactly a problem though
« on: February 02, 2008, 08:17:47 pm »
Hi.

Well, i'm new around there, i love the Chrono Sagas and the one i like the most is Chrono Cross.

Now, to the point :P

I would like to know if there is somekind of a GameShark code that resets your Star Level to 1/1, but without touching the Stats of your Characters. It's just that i'm planning to play it for the 3rd time, and i would like to level 'em some more, but being already at starlvl 99, i can't level them anymore.

Thank you in advantage, and sorry for my english :P

Bye.

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
Re: Some Help, not exactly a problem though
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 07:05:52 pm »
Search but I only now the one for 99 stars but if you change a little the same code maybe you can get less stars.

BROJ

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 07:38:36 pm »
I would *definitely* be careful of this one. I have done this successfully using this code:
80071C74 0001
80071C76 0001
Because you are resetting the stars and as a result allowing more stat upgrades, there is a great risk of stat rollover (e.g. from 99 to 01) so adjust the values of the last two bits to an appropriate number such as 4b (or whatever number you deem appropriate) which is hexadecimal for 75, in this case, stars.

There you go, have fun!  :)

Crimson_Flame

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 12:59:59 am »
I would *definitely* be careful of this one. I have done this successfully using this code:
80071C74 0001
80071C76 0001
Because you are resetting the stars and as a result allowing more stat upgrades, there is a great risk of stat rollover (e.g. from 99 to 01) so adjust the values of the last two bits to an appropriate number such as 4b (or whatever number you deem appropriate) which is hexadecimal for 75, in this case, stars.

There you go, have fun!  :)

Thank you very much sir, now i will replay chrono cross again! :)

I will test it right now!

In any case, i will backup my saved data so i can test with both 75 and 01.

See you!

EDIT: It worked, thanks again!

EDIT2: Well, i found something wrong with the code. After i leveled up my characters from starlvl1 to starlvl2, they won some status boosts, but when i leveled them from starlvl2 to starlvl3, they didn't won any stats boost, and it keeps happening now to whatever starlvl is next. Maybe there's a limit to how much status points you can win?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 09:59:22 pm by Crimson_Flame »

BROJ

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 09:48:12 pm »
EDIT2: Well, i found something wrong with the code. After i leveled up my characters from starlvl1 to starlvl2, they won some status boosts, but when i leveled them from starlvl2 to starlvl3, they didn't won any stats boost, and it keeps happening now to whatever starlvl is next. Maybe there's a limit to how much status points you can win?
There's nothing wrong with the code itself, it may be game related, but then again every time you use a gameshark on a playstation there's always a slight risk of data corruption or overflow; simple solution--always keep a pre-gamesharked save backup.