Author Topic: Flame Dungeon  (Read 713 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Flame Dungeon
« on: January 23, 2008, 12:50:38 am »
Alrighty, the next "new" map is going to be Flame Dungeons

Note that I'm skipping Chapter 15: ...And the Darkness of Noon and Chapter 17: Once More Unto the Breach.  Chapter 15 is guardia castle, chapter 17 is Black Omen and Mammon Machine hall.

I thought maybe I'd get some feedback on what people wanna see in these dungeons besides what's already in the plot http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/CE/Plot.html#Chapter_18:_Born_in_Sin.2C_Die_in_Sin

Any minigames, puzzles, or general ideas that you would like to see?  How about length of these dungeons, difficulty, should focus be on fighting or presentation? 

Because it's not a "shared dungeon"  we'll have to make 7 of them so they can't be too big.

For Lucca I thought about maybe making a "shooting" mini game

That's really all I got for now, I'll take a day to think about it.....also any dungeon you guys would like to see done first?

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: Flame Dungeon
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 07:51:29 pm »
One Down......Six to go......

I opted to do Robo's First.  He has a  total of 7 rooms.  The destroyed future tileset is kinda hard to use but I did my best.  As always feel free to update the map or whatever if you can do better.  Bugs can be reported here:

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/CE/Bugs/Chapter18BornInSinDieInSin.html

--JP

[attachment deleted by admin]

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 07:52:02 pm »
extra post for another attachment...

--JP

[attachment deleted by admin]

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 07:53:27 pm »
jsondag2, just wanted to chime in and say that you kick ass.

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 09:09:28 pm »
I think what happens in the Frozen Flame nightmares hasn't been decided on yet. Chrono'99 pointed out back in 2006 that the nightmares were pretty much all the same (except for Ayla).

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 09:13:49 pm »
All my coding is being based off the plot found here:

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/CE/Plot.html#Chapter_18:_Born_in_Sin.2C_Die_in_Sin

hm....i'm gunna go ahead and take a break on coding until someone confirms that it is going into the game.

--JP

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 07:07:42 am »
Sorry for not replying early, I was busy. Yeah, the FF nightmares are kinda undecided yet, since they're driven by character development stuff which require a global view of everything to be... huh, coherent? interesting? etc. Perhaps we should code these dungeons last, after the other chapters? I'm thinking this could perhaps be done after laying down the ending first but I don't know, really. The farther we go in the plot the less detailed things are.