Author Topic: WALLPAPERS!!!  (Read 2152 times)

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
WALLPAPERS!!!
« on: January 22, 2008, 09:15:20 pm »
Guess who's just a LITTLE bit obsessive? I know you guys have a BUNCH of wallpapers... well... maybe. Can we talk about them?

Like my new favorite one! Guess who's on it? I'll give you a hint; he's been my avatar since I joined except when Janus scared him away and he's at first thought of by the team as the villain but isn't?

If you guessed Shinra/Seymour/Brahne/Edea/The Empire/Dude Who Stole The Eye of Atamoni in ToD/Leon/Ansem... you're wrong.

I've attached it, as I'm insane about file size. Hee.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
Re: WALLPAPERS!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 09:30:51 pm »
Pretty sweet wallpaper. Nice work if you made it yourself.

I'd use it if I wasn't so jacked for Brawl to come out.
I'm currently using a simple wallpaper with all the announced characters in their Dojo poses.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 11:32:47 pm »
That's a kickass wall you've got there, teaflower. The purply design behind the prophet is drooping with sheer awesomeness.

My current wallpaper is attached. Custom-made using character renders from Xenosaga: Episode III, with an image of the Zohar superimposed over one of those "Eye of God" photos taken by the Hubble Space Telescope. I'm obsessed with the Xenoverse along with the Chronoverse, and this is one of the fan products I hope to bring to fruition, say, fifty years down the road when I'm retired and nobody even remembers what the hell Xenogears is anymore.  :P But fangame creation, as a form of artistic expression and franchise honoring, will complete my life. Of course, my plans will change drastically if Square suddenly picks up the Xenogears series proper again, but chances of that happening are nil. A new Chrono game is probably far more likely.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 12:47:26 am by FaustWolf »

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 12:58:17 pm »
Well Monolith Soft sure seems to remember the Xeno series. They're putting Zohars everywhere, like in Soma Bringer:

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 01:52:07 pm »
Wow, it's like a Zohar farm. According to my perfunctory Google search, rumor has it that Tetsuya Takahashi or at least Soraya Saga may be involved with Soma Bringer, so it'll be interesting to see if those are more than an easter egg. Yasunori Mitsuda is in for the music too.

Molotov

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • SDA Chrono Cross page.
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 02:14:04 pm »
Another excuse to talk about myself when I already do so far too much? YEAH! :P

Seriously though, I tend to switch wallpapers like every freaking week, so I'm usually recycling the same old junk over and over. By that I mostly mean stuff that can be described as: Fire Emblem, hot chick(s), and some random picture I decided to put on there (centered). Obviously, the real pain comes in when I lack type 2. Never can one get enough of those.

As a side-note though, Xenosaga should fall down a cliff a die, never to be remembered again. All my personal opinion, of course. Don't mind me.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 03:12:46 pm »
Gah, I'm hijacking teaflower's thread to talk about Xeno again. Molotov, don't be afraid to express your opinions. I can't see whether its "Xenogears" or "Xenosaga" that you've got crossed out, but I must say I have a partiality to Gears over Saga. Saga could have been so much more than it was -- characters like Pellegri and Orgulla were tossed by the wayside in terms of character development when they really could have had interesting storylines. Takahashi and Soraya Saga had seemingly full control over Episode I, and I thought it was near perfect. Then Episodes II and III came along, and underwhelmed me in every aspect except character and ES model design -- those were beautiful in III, for the most part.

But enough talk. I owe teaflower another wallpaper for my blithering, and something non-Xeno this time. I never found out what happened to this project; I think the creator lacked funding and it never really got off the ground. Intriguing wallpaper though.

EDIT: Holy cow, I just realized that Molotov's avatar changes randomly when you refresh the page! Try it out everyone!

« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 04:44:51 pm by FaustWolf »

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 03:16:28 pm »
Wow. I didn't know you guys would LIKE that so much! My sis made that for me. I suck at graphics. The most I ever did was my lameass Christmas wallpaper. I'm... heh... not attaching that.

That... is impressive, FaustWolf! But I tend to cycle pretty crazily through my wallpaper folder. It usually consists of FFX, FFVII, sometimes FFVIII, DeathNote (as in L), Magus, and more recently my favoritest psychic ever! You'll have to guess who that is.

Oh, and it's Xenosaga. Curse you, I had to add more text to my post!

EDIT: Well, hot shit! So it does! I want seven!

EDIT (again): Ooh! Pretty!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 04:06:42 pm by teaflower »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 04:44:11 pm »
All right Molotov, you're going to have to list for us all the images you use in your avatar. I know some are Fire Emblem characters, and I want to know where you're getting your character art.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 04:51:21 pm »
All right Molotov, you're going to have to list for us all the images you use in your avatar. I know some are Fire Emblem characters, and I want to know where you're getting your character art.
We are so obsessive! The red-haired lady looks like Donna from That 70's Show!

Molotov

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • SDA Chrono Cross page.
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 05:17:36 pm »
Heh, that fascinating huh? I have a link to my gallery page (the site is used for random avatar purposes), so you can see all of them there: http://rav.shishnet.org/Molotov.html

For sake of typing more, or being complete:

1. The first three are all from Tear Ring Saga.
2. Ursula, Leona, and Marsha are all from Radiata Stories.
3. Heather, Ameldha, Volke, and Tiamat are all Fire Emblem characters.
4. Yuffie, Peppita, Morrigan, and Barney are all self-explanatory.
5. Tread is from the Commandos series (though not Commandos 3 or Commandos: Strike Force).
6. All 3 mask pictures are related to the Splatterhouse series.
7. Jump and Joe Musashi (the ninja) are both taken from the Super Shinobi II (Japanese version of Shinobi III) box.
8. Tenchi is fairly explanatory, but this specific one comes from the Tenchi Muyo RPG on the SNES.
9. "rr" and "mc" are both from Hannah Montana.
10. Riffany is from Langrisser III.
11. "nwnk" is a screenshot from the movie Léon (the superior version of The Professional).
12. A picture from Nancy Drew is named accordingly.
13. May is a character from Guilty Gear.
14. Listell is a character from Langrisser IV.
15. "kt" is Kate Todd (Radio Free Roscoe, among other things).
16. Kitsune is from Love Hina. That picture is from some sort of action figure.
17. Jane is from Disney's Tarzan. Also, that is Tarzan's finger, before anybody gets ideas.
18. Imelda is from Langrisser II/Der Langrisser, and Bozel is from Langrisser I, II/Der, III, and IV. That shot is from III/IV.
19. Hannigan is obviously Alyson Hannigan.
20. "heh" is some random picture that I cropped after a buddy gave it to me.
21. The elephant is from United States Presidential Election for the NES. No, I'm not kidding.
22. Alouette is from La Pucelle Tactics.
23. Alia is from Mega Man X5 onward.

Anyway, I think I covered everything.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 05:19:11 pm by Molotov »

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 05:19:39 pm »
Awesome! I'm gonna make more... as soon as I learn to type again. "I'me" is not a word!

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2008, 05:28:22 pm »
Let's see, the last time I had a comp w/a background, I believe I used Goldenboy's pic of "The Guys" of CT...or one of Keith Fact's ones, either Lavos or the Mammon Machine...why aren't they in the Compendium's fanart sections? I originally found them at RPGamer.com

I hate attachments...

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2008, 05:40:16 pm »
Thanx Molotov!! I'll keep these in mind when I'm on my next art hunt. I'll have to find this Presidential Election NES game...

V, that Lavos wallpaper screams kickass! Thanks for making me aware of its existence.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2008, 03:32:36 pm »
I must say, that is an impressive piece of wallpaperage there. Not something that would decorate MY desktop, but... still. Impressive wallpaperage.
Why ISN'T that a word?

... why haven't I eaten lunch yet?

... oh yeah... I remember...

Anyway! I'm attaching an older version of my amazing Prophet background. It sort of looks like he's just stuck on there, though... I like it, though.