Author Topic: Just figured I'd say hi...  (Read 591 times)

aylakat

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Just figured I'd say hi...
« on: January 21, 2008, 08:32:43 pm »
First off, it's a safe bet that I should explain my icon as it may freak people out.  It's Tina Turner as the Acid Queen in Tommy, and I made it years ago for some other forum and barely used it.  Right now, as I'm on limited time, I really have no desire to create a new one and this'll have to do for now.  Unless someone wants to donate me an avatar of Hugh Laurie.

Anyway... I'm 24, I have a full time job, I am a full time grad student, and when I'm not broke I like to collect Chrono Trigger collectibles.  I currently have almost no free time, ever, but I promise I'll make myself known on this forum when I can.  :)

I know at one point I had an email conversation with one of the moderators here.  I don't remember who it was, but I sent them a picture of a tattoo I got five years ago of Magus on my leg.  He needs shading and fixing, but otherwise he's looking fab even at his age.  If anyone wants a pic, I'll put it up.

I got into Chrono Trigger around 1998, it still stands as my favorite game ever, and back in the day I used to write fanfics and do fan art.  I just looked at some of my old art tonight, and it's awful, but it does remind me of my youth.  :)  Several months ago I spent some time playing the game again and laughed and remembered how wonderful it was and how much it affected my life.  The literary themes and characterizations brought me towards being a literature nerd, and is one of the driving forces behind me ever going to college in the first place.  I also spent a lot of time in art classes drawing Magus and wrote some really bad fanfic that was once on IcyBrian's old site.

I had also met a lot of friends whom I've lost all contact with (sadly), and I'm curious to see who, if anyone, I reconnect with.

Anyway, enough talking like a curmudgeonly old woman.  I'm just happy to find myself at this wonderfully expansive site, and it looks like I have a lot to catch up on in the CT realm.

JEEZUZKRYSTE

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Personal Text Has Been Inserted
    • View Profile
Re: Just figured I'd say hi...
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 08:39:25 pm »
Welcome to the Compendium!

Just remember, first impressions are key. So far, I know you're real chatty, intelligent, obsessive, 24, and busy.

There's no need to make yourself known. Believe me, the harder you try, the harder they'll put you down. Just go with the flow and everything will be alright.

Edit: Shouldn't this be in the child boards?

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 10:04:08 pm »
We're glad to have you on board, aylakat. I once had free time too, then I joined the Compendium and found that it all went away.  :P Good luck balancing grad school, work, and Chrono!

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 10:45:50 pm »
Welcome to the Compendium!

Hope you don't end up like these guys, and find what/who you are looking for.

Speaking of is anyone else pumped for the new season to start?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 10:53:57 pm »
Ah yes, that tattoo is in the fan art section.

WHOA PETER GABRIEL

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 12:11:01 am »

Master of Tommy.