Author Topic: The reason MsBlack, Zeality and Lord J hate religion  (Read 1618 times)

JEEZUZKRYSTE

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Personal Text Has Been Inserted
    • View Profile
Re: The reason MsBlack, Zeality and Lord J hate religion
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 10:38:22 pm »
Quite funny, Zeality.

I couldn't help but to read the end-times book. I wanted to see what "prophecies" may have already come true and which ones are going to happen. The other book, the last witness one, I'll find time to read it later.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2008, 11:26:47 pm »
I find the quote JEEZUZKRYSTE posted quite interesting. Burning Zeppelin, I think you're extremely knowledgeable on the topic of Islam -- I'd always thought that the Mahdi was a Shi'ite belief rather than a Sunnite belief; is that right?

Yet bin Laden is a Sunnite if I'm not mistaken. If the author of that end-times book has done the proper research to make the claim that there's lots of folks in the Muslim world who believe bin Laden is the Mahdi, does that imply Shi'ites would be willing to accept a Sunnite as this figure? And isn't the Mahdi the Hidden Imam, at least as Shi'ites see it?

Well, the end-times guy was right about the American economy at least; it sure is tanking. We don't even need to be hit by nukes to screw that up.
Well, the Mahdi is a central part of Shi'ite belief, which has a few more articles of belief than Sunni. But really, there is no difference between the two sects, just one is more committed to Ali than the others. Also, if you're looking at it from an Islamic perspective, there will be many people to claim to be the messiah, and everyone of them will be false, until the end one. So I doubt bin Laden is the Mahdi, especially since a lot of the signs have not yet been fulfilled. Also, bin Laden is almost dead. But the guy is right, claiming to be the Mahdi now will bring hope to a lot of disenchanted muslims.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2008, 07:55:25 am »
http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/perfectproof.htm

THE FUCK.

Am I the only person to wonder how there is any sense in basically saying "God exists because if he didn't we'd be sinless"?

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2008, 11:55:43 am »
http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/perfectproof.htm

THE FUCK.

Am I the only person to wonder how there is any sense in basically saying "God exists because if he didn't we'd be sinless"?
... I could barely follow that, honestly. Religion hurts my head. But you aren't the only person to wonder that. No sense! That's usually my school's bloody job.

JEEZUZKRYSTE

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Personal Text Has Been Inserted
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2008, 02:45:53 pm »
If religion hurts your head, why must you return to these topics?

God created sin... if there were no God, a sin would be better known as a "mistake".

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2008, 02:49:19 pm »
I read the first sentance of that "proof" and had to stop. There's only so much gibberish I can deal with this early in the morning.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2008, 05:45:45 pm »
Must be in the atheism topic, but wtf

http://scienceblogs.com/grrlscientist/2008/01/top_fifty_atheist_tshirt_and_b.php?utm_source=mostemailed&utm_medium=link
Funny although horribly insulting. :?

"When religion ruled the world it was called the dark ages"
-Neighbors bumper sticker

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2008, 09:35:14 pm »
Must be in the atheism topic, but wtf

http://scienceblogs.com/grrlscientist/2008/01/top_fifty_atheist_tshirt_and_b.php?utm_source=mostemailed&utm_medium=link
Most aren't actually that funny. Too direct, not witty enough. The guy who compiled them is obviously very anti-religion since the ones he starred (meaning his favourites) are the ones that are directly attacking religion, rather than being satirical or such. Though I must admit, this one is fucking awesome:

If There is No God, Then What Makes the Next Kleenex Pop Up?

It wasn't starred, so the guys a douche.

Exodus

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • How do we know we exist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2008, 01:34:59 am »
You forgot to add me to the list of people who are avidly against religious practice(s).

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2008, 03:11:06 pm »
Yeah, I saw that list. Funny stuff, although it missed one I like:

"Blasphemy is a victimless crime."

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2008, 06:19:42 pm »
I hate religion because even if you try and follow the bible you'll still find yourself in position to go to hell.

I'd rather have a set of moral codes for me by set by myself and my experiances with other people then have to listen to some dude tell me how I should be nice when his very own governing body hasn't followed their own words.
But unless you have the kindest of hearts, how would you know what standards, morals, to set for your self?
easy enough: I try to make people feel good and laugh, and help them when they need it .

It's not that hard to make a moral code, it's been done plenty of times before. the problem really is sticking to it.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2008, 10:14:51 pm »
You forgot to add me to the list of people who are avidly against religious practice(s).
I haven't seen you for like...months, and you weren't involved in the Atheist debate, so yeah. Poo.