Author Topic: I'm curious...  (Read 11660 times)

klois

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Re: I'm curious...
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2008, 11:29:02 am »
My two cents..

Lets say she dropped it. That would mean that once the portal is open, she gets broken up into peices thanks to the telepod, dropping the amulet before that. Once Crono gets on he *doesn't* drop the amulet. Doesn't that seem like a bit of huge luck that Marle would drop it? Not only that but then Lucca has to make a gate key *without* the amulet, which is true, but up until I read this, I always thought thats how she made the gate key =/

If we say its a higher entity, then Marle didn't drop it and it wasn't broken up into peices because the entity wanted Crono to go through the gate, setting off a chain events. That is what the entity wanted to happen but if I'm not mistaken, its the only time the entity directly influences something like that. It may have done things such as the gates but gates and making Marle drop her amulet are very different, in my view.

I think it is just going with unsatisfactory answers. Perhaps that can be explained in Chrono Trigger + =)
Have a great day everyone.

Patchy

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2008, 12:21:55 pm »
I dunno, having something like that open right behind me would at the very least startle me. I can only assume it's loud, radiates some kind of force, and carries a generally strange aura of it's own.

I really don't think it's out of the question that it scared the heck out of her and she dropped the amulet. I've dropped things for less than portal through time.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2008, 01:16:44 pm »
Well, yeah, if she was just holding it in her hand then the surprised theory has at least some credibility...but it's in the form of a necklace...Exactly how shocked do you have to be to drop something that's wrapped around your neck?

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2008, 03:37:05 pm »
Well, yeah, if she was just holding it in her hand then the surprised theory has at least some credibility...but it's in the form of a necklace...Exactly how shocked do you have to be to drop something that's wrapped around your neck?

Good question. Another good question is how hard did Crono have to run into Marle to send her necklace flying several feet when they first met. Even running full speed, it is a bit odd that her necklace, that was wrapped around her neck, was able to even come off, let alone travel several feet in the air.

Yet the necklace come off when Crono ran into her, so it doesn't seem like a huge leap to then assume it could fall off due to surprise (or a light breeze, in this case)

Also, when Crono is destroyed by Lavos the necklace survives. Perhaps it was dropped yet again?

Given that its been around for 13,000ish years, the clasp just may not be what it once was.

Patchy

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2008, 05:16:37 pm »

I was going with the assumption that when Crono ran into was broken and thus could no longer be worn properly. That being said, it does begin to radiate from her chest so it has to have been around her neck - and on that note I humbly revoke my argument.

Unless of course it was being stored in that nifty storage space that only women have, but that would have certainly secured it from being dropped or lost due to suprise.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 05:18:28 pm by Patchy »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2008, 05:22:03 pm »
maybe it can phase through matter...

aw, who am i kidding.

it's all just plot ploys to advance the story...  but then again...  maybe it just has a crappy latch.  maybe dropping it and it getting knocked off is a fairly common occurance for marle...?

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2008, 05:56:11 pm »
Obviously the necklace's latch is the Ran Cossack of the Chronoverse.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2008, 08:00:50 pm »
He must be a masochist or something, he keeps coming back for our insults.

And yeah, don't show up just after you have played the game the first time and expect yourself to be automatically right. We have been researching this shit for years.

You are an idiot.  I bought Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross game the years they came out, and I've played them each countless times.  Just because my opinion doesn't match yours make me wrong?  If anything it makes you wrong because last time I checked I'm more important than you.

While I certainly don't condone where Trixster's gone w/this, nightmare975, you've gotta admit, that was getting a touch elitist...

Fight fire with hotter fire, I always say.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2008, 08:43:38 pm »
It a pendent so couldn't she be wearing it like a broach or something? those can fall off easily.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2008, 02:52:45 am »
Quote from: Thought
Also, when Crono is destroyed by Lavos the necklace survives.

That's a good point...I think it's easy to forget (so early in the game especially) that the Pendant seems to have a mind of it's own. I personally have believed for a long time that, like Masa & Mune w/the Masamune, that Doreen is able to reside within the Pendant, and that all of them are in fact some kind of avatars of the Entity...certainly it's conceivable that they'd be easily manipulated by the Entity, seemingly coming from Dreamstone, which in turn comes from the planet...

Quote from: Kebrel
It a pendent so couldn't she be wearing it like a broach or something? those can fall off easily.

I don't think so...

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2008, 08:12:58 am »
Considering that when Crono bumps into Marle at the fair, the thing flies off as if she was holding it.  Necklaces and pendants don't just fly off like that when you wear them around your neck.  While it is a pendant, perhaps she prefers to hold on to it, like a lucky rabbit foot.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2008, 10:37:15 am »
I think it's easy to forget (so early in the game especially) that the Pendant seems to have a mind of it's own. I personally have believed for a long time that, like Masa & Mune w/the Masamune, that Doreen is able to reside within the Pendant, and that all of them are in fact some kind of avatars of the Entity...certainly it's conceivable that they'd be easily manipulated by the Entity, seemingly coming from Dreamstone, which in turn comes from the planet...

You know, that is actually the most satisfying solution I've heard so far. It isn't a pure "the entity did it" cop-out, but it also doesn't involve dumb chance like saying that the pendant just happened to fall off (or that Marle just happened to drop it, etc).

Trixter

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2008, 07:29:53 pm »

Trixter, I think you had better stop insulting members, lest you want to receive a blow from the ban hammer. (Obviously, I don't hold that power, but it's pretty obvious where this situation is headed.)  Any third party can obviously see that *you* are the one being zealous and aggressive. Argue, maybe. But, when you start to personally insult/attack other members, otherwise known as flaming, *that's* crossing the line between friendly argument and petty personal attacks. So I'd settle down if I were you and return to a friendly tone. :wink: Obvious Examples:
[/quote]

"If banning is to be done, let it be done! If the compendium is to be destroyed, so be it! If it is my fate to be banned, I must simply laugh!"

Peaceman

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2008, 10:39:37 pm »
dude, just drop it already...

Azure

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2008, 11:15:20 pm »

Trixter, I think you had better stop insulting members, lest you want to receive a blow from the ban hammer. (Obviously, I don't hold that power, but it's pretty obvious where this situation is headed.)  Any third party can obviously see that *you* are the one being zealous and aggressive. Argue, maybe. But, when you start to personally insult/attack other members, otherwise known as flaming, *that's* crossing the line between friendly argument and petty personal attacks. So I'd settle down if I were you and return to a friendly tone. :wink: Obvious Examples:

"If banning is to be done, let it be done! If the compendium is to be destroyed, so be it! If it is my fate to be banned, I must simply laugh!"
[/quote]

Here is the line   |                                                                              Here is your joke...

Epic fails~

Seriously though...  That was a bad joke.