Author Topic: Well 5 years later...  (Read 863 times)

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
Well 5 years later...
« on: January 19, 2008, 01:32:10 pm »
I beat Kingdom Hearts for the first time, and I must say I was pretty impressed. I only beat it on Normal, so if I get really bored, I probably won't, I'll try it on expert, but I see no real point in doing that. Would I even gain anything?

After beating the game almost perfectly, I missed a blue trinity somewhere lol, I must say that I am ready for Kingdom Hearts II. But something keeps telling me that that game will be twice as long as this one, and I don't know if I have that kind of time this semester lol.

I'm not saying I won't buy KHII, because I will, hell it's only 20 bucks, but was curious as to people's overall enjoyment of the game. I've only heard good things so I'm expecting those kind or reactions.

And I know now why people are upset we never get any of the Final Mix versions over here in the states. Kingdom Hearts Final Mix just looks so much more polished. I really wish I could play it, and by that I mean not buy a modded PS2 and learn Japanese lol.

Well I just wanted to write this thread to talk to people who have played the game, and maybe want to discuss some aspects of the story, because I'm lost a little bit. I didn't see a topic like this one when I searched around so I figured I'd make it.

So let's hear your thoughts on Kingdom Hearts!

We can talk about KHII, but keep the spoilers to a minimum since I haven't started to play it yet.

JEEZUZKRYSTE

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Personal Text Has Been Inserted
    • View Profile
Re: Well 5 years later...
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 02:59:10 pm »
You won't gain anything in completing Kingdom Hearts in Expert except respect from those who have tried but failed.

I recenty bought and beat Kingdom Hearts II in a period of three weeks. I bought it Januray 2. It's worth the $20, but no more than that. The only thing that's difficult in this game, though, is the battle with Sephiroth. Other than that the game is fairly easy. I've got 38:34 as my total gameplay time.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 02:59:24 pm »
I welcome new Kingdom Hearts featuring Sephiroth, if only so that I can hear George Newbern's pefect voice acting. Even if the lines in KHII were crappy, his delivery...oh, it was moving. Moving like, "to sail the darkness of the cosmos with this planet as my vessel..."

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 03:05:48 pm »
Haha, alright Zeality.

I figured expert mode wouldn't net me anything more than saying I did it. I'll pass on that one since it's more or less a waste of time.

40 hours isn't so bad. I think I put like 43 or so hours in the first game, but I leveled a bit and it took me awhile to get synthesis items and whatnot.  Maybe I'll pick it up this weekend, but I really should start reading some of my textbooks for class. I really wish school wasn't so boring. Eh I dunno if boring is the word, but I hate general ed classes, and required classes to get into your major. Anyways, that's a different topic lol.

Glad to hear some feedback, and look forward to continuing the topic with some storyline discussion or other people's reviews.

JEEZUZKRYSTE

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Personal Text Has Been Inserted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 04:44:44 pm »
In Kingdom Hearts, Lance Bass was the voice of Sephiroth. I don't think he got any lines then.

They got some gay guy to do the voice of Sephiroth. Heh.

Blackcaped_imp

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 05:46:45 pm »
They got some gay guy to do the voice of Sephiroth. Heh.

A total disrespect to the one and only.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 03:08:39 pm »
I wasn't really happy that they picked Lance Bass for it, but at least it's some one who wanted the part rather than someone viewing it as just a job. Word on the street is he's actually a gamer, so I'm glad that they took that in to consideration.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 07:01:09 pm »
I'm just so glad he didn't say "Bye bye bye" when he killed you.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 08:15:01 pm »
I've seen KHII beaten. I'm ALMOST at the end, but... the thought of Ultima Weapon... aaaaaaaaaaaaaagh! 13 Orichalcum+?! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!! Oi vey! HOW WILL I DO IT?! ... *reads further in the guide she was using to find out how much of the bloody stuff is needed* ... oh... there goes the fun... oh, well.

Personally, although I find it a little confusing, KHII has an amazing, not too 'little kiddy' sort of story. I probably should've played the first game, but... it's all explained. Roxas is better than Sora... *slowly looks over at Sora action figure* ... what are you doing here? (it was a Christmas present)