Author Topic: The Remake debate thread  (Read 1936 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: The Remake debate thread
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008, 10:30:04 pm »
Chrono Cross did not do well in Japan. If you want to talk character development, then Serge, Pierre, Kid, Fargo, Norris, Harle, Lynx, Belthasar, Nikki, Karsh, Dario, etc. more than outnumber Trigger in developed characters. There were just some needless ones alongside that people latch on with accusations that they're representative of the entire game.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2008, 11:16:39 pm »
.... god someone do a CT KH pic. I'm begging ya.

Done.

Chrono Hearts has no five-character limit on names. So it IS an improvement over the SNES game from which it sprang!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 11:46:25 pm by FaustWolf »

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2008, 05:23:28 pm »
*face palm*
na na, I'm talking about doing the crono gang in full on KH BELTZ n' ZIPPAH mode.

Mystic Frog King

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • It's a secret to everybody!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2008, 05:34:30 pm »
I'd like a Chrono Cross remake. There are a lot of useless characters, and if they could streamline the plot, make Guile Magus and generally improve the consistency even to the point where they bring in elements of RD, it'd be brilliant.

And it'd be a chance to show those snobs that CC is a good game, if flawed...

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2008, 05:40:00 pm »
*face palm*
na na, I'm talking about doing the crono gang in full on KH BELTZ n' ZIPPAH mode.

D'oh!

Well grey, there's always this:

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2008, 06:09:35 pm »
personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a graphical update to CC. Could imagine a true 3-d Terra tower or tower of gheddon on xbox 360 or the wii? I think it might be fun to see.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2008, 06:22:43 pm »
Hmm... a remake, eh? Well, for the pros, it would close up some gaping plot holes. Like... like... the Chrono Series as a whole! A little bit more character development all around, make RD an ACTUAL legally translated game, Guile=Magus and some plot linky things so that it doesn't make my head go boom... DECENT voice acting... some nice graphics...

... fill the plot holes...

... oh, and Magus-Avatar says he likes the concept of decent voice acting.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2008, 06:48:05 pm »
I nominate Lia Sargent to voice Schala. She was Shion in Xenosaga I and III IIRC. Whoever did that "NATARAJA Bootup Sequence" voice clip in Xenosaga I would be a fitting FATE (in robot form). Hmmm...who could be Crono? Any famous mimes out there?

Khimari's FFX voice actor for Lynx, perhaps...

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2008, 07:01:51 pm »
I nominate Lia Sargent to voice Schala. She was Shion in Xenosaga I and III IIRC. Whoever did that "NATARAJA Bootup Sequence" voice clip in Xenosaga I would be a fitting FATE (in robot form). Hmmm...who could be Crono? Any famous mimes out there?

Khimari's FFX voice actor for Lynx, perhaps...
knowing square, you'd probably get tara strong to play schala and Kidd.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2008, 09:32:02 pm »
So far Square's givin us some GREAT remakes and hasn't had to use a lot of it's main talent to do it. Sword of Mana, FFTactics: The Lion War, the Advance FF remakes and the upcoming FFIV DS (which I hope will spawn AT LEAST a FFVI DS) remake are all awesome (or look & sound awesome in the case of those I haven't played yet).

I would LOVE a 3D (/-ish) DS remake of Chrono Trigger. Besides the updated graphics though, I'd of course want updated sound quality and an official retranslation would be awesome. If you're going to remake this gem of a game, DON'T DO IT HALF-ASSED (or full assed now that I think of it). Also, ADD the TIME SHIFTER TO NEW GAME+!!! It's easily the best addition Chrono Cross gave us.

Radical Dreamers really doesn't need a remake. It is what it is...the only thing I'd like is for it to be some kind of extra with an official translation...maybe a remake extra!

As for Chrono Cross...something along the lines of the FFT remake would be simply awesome. New cut scenes, updated sound (not as necessary as for CT's MIDI sound) & maybe a new translation (those Element names were off at least)...added Character Development doesn't sound too hard (make some of the default lines for the extra party members unique perhaps), but not necessary...

THOUGH, I'm partial to ZeaLitY's, "GIVE ME A NEW GAME IN THE SERIES INSTEAD!" view of the whole thing...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 09:35:20 pm by V_Translanka »