Author Topic: 1/14/2008 info!  (Read 1280 times)

Shinrin

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
1/14/2008 info!
« on: January 14, 2008, 04:43:07 pm »
Update 1 -

Moved some data from location to another location - Area 1EC Event Code 90, It worked OK, but it screwed over my Imported song, Maybe that Event Code/Area is used where i put in the SPC code, though on a offset guide it's wasn't used. Anyway luckly you can import Event code from a one location to a different event code. Now It's set to Area 1CD - Event Code 140. Area 1EC is now marked as (Do Not Use) So i won't happen to screw with that location later and mess up my imprted song again. The song had to be re imported, but instruments wasn't changed as it kept the instrument stuff. thank god.

As of right now David, Serena, Mike, Darryl, Emilia/Mily, and Jade will not have max stats until level 99. Anyway hopefully more updates to come today.

Shinrin

• View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
Re: 1/14/2008 info!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 11:17:19 pm »
Update 2

Well, I had the same problem with the music again, so i decided to take the the song and move it into some empty data. So far it's working and i'm back using the Location 1EC and Event Code 90. It's working really well.

Also added a simi loading screen when the stats change. ;) It uses unused map FF.

Edit: Added a screeny of the load screen

Note: while in game the screen looks the same, the statues might be either closer or further apart. This map used the 1F map that the game uses for the title screen stuff.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 11:34:47 pm by Shinrin »

Shinrin

• View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 01:32:28 am »
Update 3 - Some good new and some bad news.

Good News, I seem to have found out that Magus does have stats for level 1. The only thing i can't find out is his initial Speed, hp and mp. You could probably find this out by leveling him to his initial starting level. ;) just subtract his new hp at that level with his normal hp and same with mp and you'll figure out what his level 1 hp is :D

Bad News, Seems like the normal stats are in the rom and they are hard coded, besides the mention above. I guess it sees how many tabs have been used on each person and adds it in with the hard coded stats. other than that, i can't have anyone's stat's changed. :( sorry! So i spent time on this for nothing ;) oh well at least it let me find out Magus' stuff.

Edit: Magus is stronger than Crono at level 1 ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 02:20:15 am »
Does Magus level up correctly? There used to be a bug in Crimson Echoes that made him gain too much Power when levelling up. Not sure if you'll run into the same issue.

Shinrin

• View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 02:23:27 am »
I've only leveled him up to level 2. I'm not sure what level the issue was on, but if you tell me, i can check it out :D

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 02:38:36 am »
I think it was right at level 2 (his PWR went up to **), so I guess you won't have this bug :)

Shinrin

• View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 02:52:10 am »
Nope, i tested it again to make sure, and no power glitch. :D you can see i revived an old thread int he CE forum. ;) be sure to check it out and watch out for tomorrow.