Author Topic: Messing with dialogue  (Read 7719 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Messing with dialogue
« on: December 03, 2004, 06:57:18 pm »
I've been messing with dialogue somewhat. Check the Snail Stop, Truce Inn, first few comments by Crono's mom (haven't replaced her with Marle because I don't know what animation to use for undoing the curtains), and one of the Truce residences. These quotes might give you a preview of the planned Compendium project.

All I can say is -- Keystone T-1 :)

http://www.herograw.com/ocremix/Zeality/CTCE/Chrono-5.ips

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
Messing with dialogue
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 08:51:44 pm »
Man...I added a soldier in the Inn who is on a trip with the Choras pilgrims to the new Cathedral, and replaced the Reptite Ending dialogue of Crono's mom. No harm done, and a perfect success. Load NPC, Facing, Animation, Textbox, whatnot, etc.

Now one of the Zeal instruments is messed up, and the real Crono's mom dialogue at the beginning of the game only displays the last line of the string that follows it (Wake up! / Today is a big day!).

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
Messing with dialogue
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 09:20:38 pm »
After I get back I'm going to try and recreate all my changes with a fresh ROM and see if it still glitches. Perhaps by documenting them we can figure out what went wrong.

Geiger

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Geiger's Crypt
Messing with dialogue
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2004, 10:54:58 pm »
Now one of the Zeal instruments is messed up, and the real Crono's mom dialogue at the beginning of the game only displays the last line of the string that follows it (Wake up! / Today is a big day!).

One of the instruments is messed up?  That seems a bit unlikely.  I do not think anything saves anywhere near the BRR samples in the ROM.

If you cannot figure out how to fix it, post up (or mail me) the patch and I will take a look at it next week.

---Evil Peer

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
Messing with dialogue
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2004, 12:20:11 am »
I've tested it, and it seems it was just my savestate. I have one saved at the end of everything, and recalling it while testing my edits didn't jive so well, as the savestate was originally made on a Headered rom.

Geiger

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Geiger's Crypt
Messing with dialogue
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2004, 04:16:47 am »
recalling it while testing my edits didn't jive so well, as the savestate was originally made on a Headered rom.

It would be the former, not the latter.  Headered or not, interleaved or not, makes no difference to a savestate.

Glad you figured out what the problem was though.  It means I can spend less time fixing bugs and more time writing new features.  :)

---Evil Peer