Author Topic: Takashi Tokita speaks on Chrono Trigger 2  (Read 1531 times)

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Takashi Tokita speaks on Chrono Trigger 2
« on: January 05, 2008, 07:10:04 am »
It's not recent; it was just some talk about Tokita's work on Chrono Trigger in a 2003 interview. He spoke about "Chrono Trigger 2" in the second part of the interview. Unfortunately, it's all in Japanese.

http://gameinfo.yahoo.co.jp/news/eg/20030715n01.html
http://game.goo.ne.jp/contents/news/NGN20030716exp03/index.html

I wish someone could translate that... Anyway, I hope Tokita does a bunch of American and European interviews for the release of the FFIV remake, like Tanaka did for the FFIII remake. He would surely be asked a few Chrono-related questions.

Mitchr90

• Guardian (+100)
  • I am here to protest beauty pageant sexism
    • View Profile
Re: Takashi Tokita speaks on Chrono Trigger 2
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 11:18:32 pm »
i really hope that if they do make a chrono trigger 2 that they come up with something clever than.. chrono trigger 2
what they should do is make a subtitle, so that way it doesnt have a lame title, but people can seperate it from chrono cross. something like 'chrono trigger: the time crash' or something (and if they make a chrono cross sequal which would be awesome they could do the same)
or they could just follow the trend of chrono ______

Mixmasta_K

• Porrean (+50)
  • T H I N K
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 01:32:44 am »
Putting the URLs in the Google and Babelfish translators come up with pretty poor translations, but it's a start I guess.

I've already tried to read them after trying the translators, but just ended up skimming after the first few garbled paragraphs. :lol:

LegacyCrono

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 10:15:47 am »
Okay, I tried translating the "Chrono Trigger 2" part using a online translator...

Tokita has been asked about how things changed at Square, now that it's "Square Enix". He says something about motivation and how the development site is working.
Afterwards, he says "Therefore, I think that there is a possibility that the story like 'Chrono trigger 2' comes out. However, motivation is different by going out of the talk from the site". "Even if we are motivated to work on a sequel, this wouldn't be enough to make it true, since the final word is from our superior".

Heh, this is quite an old interview. It probably shouldn't give us any hope about an sequel. I think he mentioned "CT2" because it's a very requested project (and as far I know, it simply hasn't been made because the original staff is splitted out in many different companies) and they (Tokita, Toriyama, Kato, etc.) are interessed to work on such project. Still, motivation is not enough. :P

I'm curious why he has reffered to this project as "Chrono Trigger 2", since "CT2" would probably be Chrono Cross. CC has been released on 2000, so I can't see any explanation. o.0 Was Chrono Cross a spinoff?!! NOO!!

SEE YA!!!!!

JEEZUZKRYSTE

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Personal Text Has Been Inserted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 12:33:07 am »
I don't think Chrono Cross could be a spinoff.