Author Topic: Fate Distortion  (Read 1280 times)

Mavix

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • I'm the pirate and I make any fool walk the Plank.
    • View Profile
Fate Distortion
« on: May 14, 2007, 01:26:54 pm »
Pro-log (lol)

It is two years after the defeat of Lavos. His gates have disappeared and the Epoch was smashed in its collision with the monster. Time travel is a "thing of the past." But now in the present, Lucca has finished her latest invention, 'The Gatekeeper,' which can temporarily create gates to any time.

However, the gatekeeper doesn't only open rifts in the 4th dimension of time. A hole in the 5th dimension has opened, bridging Lucca's universe with another entirely different.

And something has escaped.

A sorcerer banished during the time of Zeal has returned, plotting revenge on those that exiled him. But what starts as a simple plot for revenge, becomes something much more.

Something the world--past, present, or future--could not possibly survive...

Mavix

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Re: Fate Distortion
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 01:28:29 pm »
CHAPTER 1

Crono awoke to the sound of Nadia's Bell ringing. His head inclined slightly, brief startlement to the sudden noise. It sounded much different from Leene's Bell, which had been replaced two years ago by the very bell he heard now. Nadia's Bell sounded more harmonious; Taban was indeed as much a master craftsman as he was an inventor.

The bell pealed once more and then fell silent. Crono closed his eyes and tried to get back to sleep. He laid his head back down and prepared to do so. However, one of his cats had jumped onto his bed and deemed it necessary to try and fall asleep on Crono's face.

Crono picked up his pet to see who it was. It was his newer cat, Blush. She had gotten her name from Crono's mother. Crono thought the name was stupid, but he had promised his mother that she could name it anything she had wanted to.

The name did fit, though. The cat was pink. Much different than his pale orange cat, whom Crono had named "Cyrus". Before Crono had found the time warp, he had found out about Cyrus through the history books, a famous knight. Crono had idolized Cyrus and named his cat the same name.

He also carved himself a wooden sword so he could practice and be a great swordsman; just like Cyrus. Children's fantasies, which had become all too real in his later years.

It was coincidence that in the past when he was searching for the missing Marle, he had run into Cyrus's young friend, Glenn. Glenn had gone by the name Frog then, due to his appearance. A sorcerer by the name of Magus had cast a spell on him after having killed the famous Cyrus.

However, Crono's idolization of the medieval hero had earned him a plus. If he hadn't learned to use a sword, he wouldn't have survived the adventure he had had two years ago. Crono doubted he would have lasted a day.

In fact--

Blush meowed, breaking Crono out of his thoughts. He sighed and decided to see how early it was. He got out of bed and put the cat down. Ignoring the cat's meow, Crono walked over to the window and looked outside. There were very few people out. No wonder, it was only around early dusk.

Crono bent over and pulled out a small handful of the cat food and put it on the ground. Blush immediately dived in and began eating. Cyrus came bouncing up the steps and joined his friend.

Crono closed the curtains on his window and walked over to his bed. Before he laid down, though, he looked at his calendar briefly.

Two years, he thought. Such a long time has passed since he had completed the adventure. He wondered if he could remember it. It had seemed like something that would embed itself into his mind so easily, yet not long after it had occurred, he was already pressed for memories.

However, he was tired and couldn't bother trying to surface memories at the moment. He turned from the calendar and went back to his bed for some more sleep. Stepping carefully over the eating cats, he paced to his bed.

Cyrus meowed and ran back downstairs, Blush following him. Crono collapsed onto his bed and fell asleep.

Princess Nadia had always hated formal gatherings. This particular one was no exception. They were in the dining hall; Nadia, her father, and the noblemen from all of Guardia's protectorates. They had all long since finished their meal and were now discussing politics.

Each noble presented his demands or problems and the king either accepted or declined. It sounded simple enough that way to the princess, however, many of the unlikable nobles deemed it necessary to whine continuously about why their demand should be accepted. This was going to last a long time. Nadia was tired, feeling as if she might finally snap and attack the next whiner, but the nobles were as awake as they had been when the meal had began.

Must be the drinks, she thought darkly.

"I really think we could double out lumber quality and output if we were to take a portion of Fiona's Forest. I'm not asking to take out the whole thing--heavens no! Just a piece of it. It would be useful for me to build more houses for my growing population."

"I said 'no,' Pret," the king answered, "That forest is a national icon. As for your growing population; I have been to Porre recently. There is no overpopulation problem or anything near it."

"But, Your Majesty--"

"No," the king glared at the nobleman.

Pret stared back for the briefest moment, then averted his eyes, "...Very well."

Pret stood, obviously unhappy, "That is the last of my proposals. With your permission, Your Majesty, I will take my leave for the night."

"You may leave, Pret," the king said dismissively, almost seeming to wave his hand toward the door.

Nadia looked at the departing form. That was close. The very forest she and the others had saved years ago was almost in danger of being lost again. She was glad that her father at least knew of the importance of that forest to her. If not that, he at least recognized its importance as a historical landmark.

Nadia broke away from thoughts of the fight to save the forest. Her mind wandered and she then wondered about Pret's excuse.

Overpopulation. But the king said that it wasn't a problem. She began to wonder what else someone would want so much wood for.

Another noble stood up to make a demand, but Nadia was too busy thinking about Pret's.

Lucca finished the last bit of tinkering on her machine. Stepping up off of her knees, she wiped the sweat off of her forehead. It had taken long enough, but surely this time the stupid thing would work. She looked up at the sky, it was almost noon. After four failed attempts, surely this time would be the right one.

Crono would have to see this, too, she thought suddenly, I'm sure he'd be just as hyped about being able to meet his old friends as I am...

Lucca bent over and brushed the grass off of her legs, giving her invention one last lookover. She thought over everything on it, what could be wrong, what she had already fixed. No matter how many times she looked over it, it looked ready to work. It had to work this time. She certainly had enough free time to work on it.

Her parents had left for a vacation a week ago, and they wouldn't be back until the end of the month. They had gone south to Denadoro to do some hiking. Lucca smiled at that thought, for some reason her mom loved hiking.

With those thoughts in mind, she turned from the machine and went off to tell Crono the good news. The Gatekeeper was officially in business.

Mavix

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 01:35:24 pm »
Tell me what you think of the start of my new story.

Mavix

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 01:05:28 pm »
just finished this last nite.

CHAPTER 2

"Well, what do I do now?!"

Pret slammed the door behind him as he entered his guest room. The room seemed to shake from the impact, several things stacked on his desk rattled, the papers shuffling from the gust. Pret stormed in, glaring at the figure standing inside his room against the far wall, casually staring at him with hooded eyes.

The figure was wearing a black robe, which concealed his entire body. His hands were tucked into their opposite's sleeve and the hood was drawn over his head. It would have been impossible to find him unless you knew he was there. But Pret knew, he continued to stare at the darkness within the dark, waiting for an answer.

The figure finally moved, freeing his hands from each to reach up and pull back the hood. The absence of the hood revealed the mysterious figure's face.

Pale white skin shone through, the opposite of the dark robes he wore. Pale dark lips were the only difference in coloring except for the eyes. His pupils and iris were pure black.

Pret flinched at the sight, "Please do not do that, Nikades. You know very well how that... disturbs me."

"If you wish," Nikades replied pulling the hood back.

"I wish it very much," Pret added, "I've had a long day and the last thing I want to do is have to look at a ghost."

Nikades ignored the remark, continuing to stare at Pret as the hood was draped once again over his head. When he was finished, he remarked, "I take it from your outburst that things did not go well."

"The king didn't grant me the lumber. He said that it was a national symbol," Pret ranted, his tone switching to sarcasm to add, "Now what do I do, oh advisor?"

"You worry too much, Pret..." Nikades replied.

"I worry too much because you don't worry at all. It is as if you don't care about either of our plans succeeding or not! This is our problem," Pret stepped over to his desk and none too gently put his hands on it to lean on, "I need that forest! You need that lumber! Without it, none of our plans will work. So advise me!"

"If you would calm down for a second, you will see that I am your advisor for a reason." Nikades said calmly, "I have a back-up plan. I half-expected you to blunder the original plan."

Pret was enraged, "Blunder?! That was a stupid plan! It wouldn't have worked if Fiona herself had risen from the grave and asked for the wood! Don't forget that you are MY advisor. If you continue these insults, I can have you jailed!"

"You need me," Nikades said in a suddenly dark voice that warned Pret of arguing, "If you try to jail me, your plans will fall apart. If you try to execute me, you'll find yourself in more trouble than you can possibly imagine... Don't play the tyrant until you have the power."

Pret glared at him, his mouth trying to find something to say, to retort to the obvious threat to himself. However, nothing could make its way out.

Nikades walked along the wall, towards a nearby window. "Remember, I have a back-up plan. Our plans have not failed. If you will listen, you will have what you want."

"And I will," Pret finished with a strained voice, finally managing to speak, "or you will pay for crossing me."

Nikades remained silent. He stepped back into the recess of the shadows and stood thoughtful in the darkness. Pret stared at the lump of black for a moment, managing to calm down. Finally, Nikades spoke.

"Ghost, eh?" the tone was, as always, low and calm.

The blackness that had once been Nikades seemed to shift into the darkness, to disappear. Pret nearly gasped at the trick, his hand reaching out but only striking the wall. Nikades was gone.

"You probably wish I was a ghost..."

Pret spun at the voice to find Nikades standing by the door, near invisible, but still there. Pret took a step forward, "Wha?"

"A ghost can't hurt you." Nikades formed a slight smile, then opened the door and left, as quiet as he was invisible.

Pret stared at the empty doorway for several moments, trying to regain his appearance. Finally, he shook his head and muttered to himself, "What have I gotten into here?"

Crono opened his eyes again. It was later, but he was still tired. He debated on whether to get up or go to sleep. Quickly he sorted the reasons of each in his mind. He didn't have anything urgent to do today. He would sleep.

He started to close his eyes once more.

"Crono!"

Crono opened his eyes again. That had been his mother calling. Sleep sounded so good right now, though. He shouldn't give it up for something like a person yelling for him. Crono decided to act as if he hadn't heard.

"Crono!"

There was no use in ignoring it, it wouldn't go away. He got up and dressed, his movements groggy. He was really tired. Looking outside he could see that it was almost midday already. He had slept half the day away.

"Crono!"

"I'm coming!" he yelled back down.

He tried to go to the stairs, but Cyrus got in his way and he tripped over the feline. He fell onto the floor with a thud. Cyrus rubbed against Crono's face. Crono sputtered and moved his face out of the way.

"Crono!" the call was insistant now.

"I'm said, 'I'm coming!'" Crono yelled even louder, getting up.

He clambered down the stairs with his two cats trailing behind. He saw that his mother was at the door. She had the door opened just slightly, so he couldn't see who or what was on the other side. He stopped at the foot of the stairway, his hand resting on the banister.

"What is it?" he asked impatiently.

His mother turned back to the door and spoke to the figure behind it, "Here he is, dear."

She opened the door to reveal Lucca.

"Hi, Crono. What took so long?" she asked cheerfully, too cheerful for a tired and lightly bruised Crono.

His mother walked to the kitchen to prepare lunch. It was indeed midday already. She opened a cabinet, looking for ingredients.

"Don't ask," he said stepping outside and closing the door behind him.

"Be back for lunch," came his mother's fading words through the door.

He reopened the door, "Okay."

He shut the door again and turned to Lucca, "What is it?" he asked in a bored voice, adding to his expression.

"Would you be willing to come to my house? I've got something to show you," she said excitedly.

"What?" he asked, keeping the monodrone voice.

"I won't tell you. You have to come see it," she was definitely excited, "C'mon!"

"Is this another stupid invention?" he asked exasperated.

"Stupid?" Lucca demanded with a hurt expression.

"Thought so," Crono sighed and began to turn around, back to his house.

"Just come on!" she said, running off toward her house.

".....Fine," he gave in. The sooner he began, the sooner it was over.

He followed her to her house.

Lavodox

• Guardian (+100)
  • Ignorance is to be whipped. -Franziska Von Karma
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 04:26:25 pm »
This is actually a very neat story. I think it's enjoyable because the plotline you're making for it. I wonder who that pale fellow is. =^.^=  (This is thanks for all the times you reviewed my fanfiction.)

Mavix

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 02:25:23 pm »
your welcom. a don't worry you'll find out who he is.
later.