Poll

Should you sell it?

Yes.
No; you might want to play it later.
No; it doesn't go for good monies.
No; give it to a poor hobo man with a Playstation.
No; it's a good source of fiber!

Author Topic: What to do with Chrono Cross  (Read 3049 times)

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
Re: What to do with Chrono Cross
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2008, 12:41:02 pm »
... I don't have a doorbell! *cry*

... a hack, eh? ... if it will involve Magus, then I MIGHT keep it... although, once again, it isn't mine to sell.

... did you just say the C word? Heeheehee... collectors... Yet the value will go down because it's not in really good condition, it's got a GIANT STICKER on it, and it's kinda beat up.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2008, 01:10:09 pm »
Changing Guile's character model texture to more resemble Magus should be very doable (blue hair and eyes would be a quick job with proper color replacement), in addition to giving Guile Lynx's scythe (some pointers would have to be changed, perhaps, if the weapon models are very different in size). It could be the first non-translation Chrono Cross patch.

What I'm not quite sure about at this point are storyline changes and model animation changes. Terminus Traductions has unraveled the compression for the game text already, enabling us to change Guile's dialogue if we wish, but I haven't the foggiest idea how we'd go about scenario editing like Temporal Flux allows us to do with Trigger. Changing character animations (for example, getting Guile to hold a scythe like Lynx) will be extremely challenging, and might need to involve bone rearrangement at the hexadecimal level.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 01:13:18 pm by FaustWolf »

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2008, 03:02:21 pm »

... a hack, eh? ... if it will involve Magus, then I MIGHT keep it... although, once again, it isn't mine to sell.

... did you just say the C word? Heeheehee... collectors... Yet the value will go down because it's not in really good condition, it's got a GIANT STICKER on it, and it's kinda beat up.
Ooo... *ouch*. Nevermind on the collector part, but hey look on the bright side it *is* a good game and probably will be useful for upcoming hacks!  :)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2008, 03:35:23 pm »
I voted no...

you never know when you might want to play it again.  Every few years my fire for the Chrono universe ignites and I end up playing through Chrono Cross and then Chrono Trigger (yes, in reverse order)...

I actually tried to start CC yesterday, only to find that my PS2 cord is missing...

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2008, 07:38:33 pm »

Taco slap anyway:

god I love that.

MagilsugaM

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2008, 02:01:02 am »
I like both of then. I love Chrono cross and I have 4 copies of that game and two of Chrono trigger.
Now i am trying to get all endings in the two games but never give up.
Chrono cross the best game of psx.
Chrono trigger best game of snes.

P.D; Don't eat it  just too much stomachache.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2008, 01:37:39 pm »
From Boo: Look in every box! If all else fails, buy a new one. Only to find the old one.

From Grey: TACOOOOOOOOOOO!

From BROJ: Stupid collectors... grr...

From FaustWolf: (god, I need to watch this topic more.) Wheeeeeeeeee!!! I have NO clue what ANY of that means, but... yay! I'd love to help out, if possible. I don't know a THING about making a patch, never mind actually sticking it onto a disk... but I'd love to help!

Oh, shnap! I just realized something: MY ONE SOURCE OF CHRONO TRIGGER (a ROM) HAS BEEN DELETED!!! *sob* And I can't get a new one... *sniff*

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2008, 03:46:31 pm »

Oh, shnap! I just realized something: MY ONE SOURCE OF CHRONO TRIGGER (a ROM) HAS BEEN DELETED!!! *sob* And I can't get a new one... *sniff*

Why can't you get a new one?

MagilsugaM

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2008, 08:10:47 pm »
easy google :
Chrono trigger rom download.
There is more than one millon lol.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2008, 01:31:52 am »

Paranoid computer owner. This compie (not Compie the Internet Compie the Virus Compie, but Mouse the Graphic Compie) once had a virus. System had to be wiped. Completely. So, in order to prevent wipage again...
-No ROMs.
-No unknown websites.
-No virus havens (i.e., Gaia)
-NO ROMs.

And, quite frankly, I like this compie! It's slow as all hell sometimes (it takes forever and a day to get an IM from someone across the room, while that person gets my IM before I see it myself), but it's good for graphics (hence the title) and has a comfy chair! Whee! *spin*

... if anyone hasn't noticed, I'm slightly sleep deprived.

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2008, 09:03:57 am »

Paranoid computer owner. This compie (not Compie the Internet Compie the Virus Compie, but Mouse the Graphic Compie) once had a virus. System had to be wiped. Completely. So, in order to prevent wipage again...
-No ROMs.
-No unknown websites.
-No virus havens (i.e., Gaia)
-NO ROMs.

And, quite frankly, I like this compie! It's slow as all hell sometimes (it takes forever and a day to get an IM from someone across the room, while that person gets my IM before I see it myself), but it's good for graphics (hence the title) and has a comfy chair! Whee! *spin*

... if anyone hasn't noticed, I'm slightly sleep deprived.

You confuse me.
But...I do have a virus free rom.  Do you have an anti-virus program?  Those usually help when you get a ....virus.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2008, 01:53:28 pm »
...or you could always call dr. mario.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2008, 07:39:55 pm »
... *pokes Boo with a stick*

Still. My sis is paranoid.

We had to get rid of our anti-virus stuff. It made Mouse lag. Lag like he was going to EXPLODE lag.

BROJ

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2008, 07:55:37 pm »
We had to get rid of our anti-virus stuff. It made Mouse lag. Lag like he was going to EXPLODE lag.
Yeah, I've experienced that before... and even worse; have you ever seen a computer start up with a red background and random yellow characters filling the screen?  It happened to me once and scared the hell out of me.  :shock: It's all good, though, it hasn't happened since. Wonder what happened, though. :)

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2008, 07:58:09 pm »
Yeah, I've experienced that before... and even worse; have you ever seen a computer start up with a red background and random yellow characters filling the screen?  It happened to me once and scared the hell out of me.  :shock: It's all good, though, it hasn't happened since. Wonder what happened, though. :)
My sis told me freaky virus stories. Like the Pokeball virus. Watch the Pika... as it kills your compie...

Our compie got a virus once. When we booted up, it did this count down, then restarted. Over. And over. And OVER.

... I need to look up more viruses.