Author Topic: CTNP Update: Fan Craft, Petition Update, MAGFest 2008, and More!  (Read 3591 times)

ctnovelist

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
CTNP Update: Fan Craft, Petition Update, MAGFest 2008, and More!
« on: December 24, 2007, 11:53:58 pm »

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from all of us at the CTNP!  In keeping with the Christmas spirit, please enjoy this presentation by Linus van Pelt, friend of Charlie Brown.

Now, getting to the update (wow, it's been a while, hasn't it?), we've got lots of new stuff.  In fan submissions, we have finally received Alejandro's sixth installment to the exclusive "Fourth Relevant Truth" fan-fiction series, as well as an English translation of Crono Bird's rendition of the first chapter of Chrono Trigger, told as a first-person narrative.  We have a new addition to the fan art page (Magus fans beware: you won't like it).  And, we have added a brand new and wholly unique section called "Fan Craft," which was inspired by the CTNP Handbag sent in by MagusChild.  We'd love to see more creative fan crafts like this one!

We are very proud to announce our affiliation with DreamAuthentics, our first official corporate affiliate and a truly awesome company specializing in personal video arcade cabinets.  Check out their information here.  Also be sure to check out their ranking in the Top 10 Holiday Geek Gifts for the 2007 season.

The CTNP will be making its second appearance at MAGFest 6, taking place January 3-7, 2008 in Alexandria, VA.  Jeremy ("Pezman"), Committee and Editorial Team member, will represent the project during the event.  We're very excited to be hosting an event this year, which will be a dramatic reading of one of the Demo Chapters that Saturday (1/6) at 11am.  This will be something to see, and we're doing what we can to be sure this event gets recorded.  If we can pull it off, it will definitely make its way to the site.

Finally, we have some general updates.  Of particular importance are updates to our petition and support pages.  First, the petition is now being considered a supplemental part (as opposed to the sole part) of "Operation Ultimate Victory," which has been redefined as a specific strategy leading to the project's success.  OpUV essentially encompasses our strategy and efforts leading to the successful completion of this project.  This effort reflects the current strategy of the project, which scales back a bit from our previously heavy focus on the petition.  Of course, we still want people to sign, but we are no longer committing so many resources solely to this effort (this includes removal of the prize structure), because we feel that there are other matters of greater importance.  More details about the whole OpUV effort can be viewed here.  Other updates have been made to the Committee, Support Team, and Petition Info pages.

And, to top it all off, we have a new poll in Wayne's Question about Frog's speech in the novel.  Enjoy!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 09:55:44 pm by ctnovelist »

ctnovelist

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: CTNP Update: Fan Craft, Petition Update, MAGFest 2008, and More!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 11:56:49 pm »
Can anyone explain why this post looks okay in the forum and not on the front page of the site?

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 05:24:28 am »
The front page doesn't allow the [ table ] BBCode tag for some reason.

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 02:08:30 pm »
The Fan Art page has about a billion broken links...

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 05:17:05 pm »
Yeah, I noticed that too...though that cupn00dles pic of Schala was pretty cool (and one of the few unbroken links)...

Anyways...How cool would it be to get a custom, decked out Chrono Trigger arcade machine? I don't know if that's the kind of thing that DreamAuthentics is for, but that's what I thought of and it sounded awesome in my head.

ctnovelist

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 09:46:18 pm »
Wow, thanks for letting me know about the broken links.  There were discrepancies in picture names vs. the links.  This is one of the few pages that I've put other people in charge of updating in the past, so I can only assume that had something to do with it.  Anyway, I went through all of the links and fixed the bad ones.  Let me know if you see any more!

And, V_Translanka, I'm pretty sure DreamAuthentics CAN do that.  As for how much it would cost, I have no idea.  It would DEFINITELY be awesome, though!

(Oh, and I'm getting rid of the table tags so this doesn't look so screwed up on the front page.  I don't like what it does to the layout, but that's better than looking like bad code, I suppose.)

Finally, HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 09:50:57 pm by ctnovelist »