Author Topic: The Official Signature and Avatar Request Thread  (Read 40591 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: The Official Signature and Avatar Request Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2011, 03:34:04 pm »
 :D FIRST!

I used to make animated avatars for folks here too, but now I just can't. How time flees are grasps!

I'd like a signature, but in an attempt to not be picky I'll give you choices. Feel free to pick one of whichever theme and quote that inspires you.

Characters
  • Bartimaeus, from Bartimaeus Trilogy
  • Sherlock Holmes (the awesome one; perhaps from Benedict's "Sherlock")
  • Flea (Chrono Trigger, but more evil and ruthless, twice as insane and maniacal)
  • King Zeal <---- Goes without saying.
  • King Janus Zeal (if Janus became the next King)
  • Johannes Faust (from Marlowe/Goethe's stories, but the younger version, beardless)
  • Pierre (Chrono Cross), or "Glenn and Cyrus (Chrono Trigger)"

Quotes
  • Everybody is special. Everybody. Everybody is a hero, a lover, a fool, a villain, everybody. Everybody has their story to tell...
  • You say that I have no power? Perhaps you speak truly. But – you say that dreams have no power? Ask yourselves, all of you, what power would hell have if those imprisoned here could not dream of heaven?
  • If I were assured of your eventual destruction I would, in the interests of the public, cheerfully accept my own.
  • There is nothing more stimulating than a case where everything goes against you.
  • "I've destroyed demons with real power!" Kitty cried. "Think I'll be impressed by an overgrown chicken?"
  • Can you define "plan" as "a loose sequence of manifestly inadequate observations and conjectures, held together by panic, indecision, and ignorance"? If so, it was a very good plan.
  • As he blundered about, roaring with discomfort, setting fire to the leaves about him, the little girl squealed and ran. It was good thinking: I did the same. Only without the squeal. Obviously.

Lady Marle

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Princess Nadia of Guardia a.k.a. Marle
    • View Profile
    • find me on deviantArt
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2011, 10:30:50 pm »
:D FIRST!

I used to make animated avatars for folks here too, but now I just can't. How time flees are grasps!

I'd like a signature, but in an attempt to not be picky I'll give you choices. Feel free to pick one of whichever theme and quote that inspires you.

Characters
  • Bartimaeus, from Bartimaeus Trilogy
  • Sherlock Holmes (the awesome one; perhaps from Benedict's "Sherlock")
  • Flea (Chrono Trigger, but more evil and ruthless, twice as insane and maniacal)
  • King Zeal <---- Goes without saying.
  • King Janus Zeal (if Janus became the next King)
  • Johannes Faust (from Marlowe/Goethe's stories, but the younger version, beardless)
  • Pierre (Chrono Cross), or "Glenn and Cyrus (Chrono Trigger)"

Quotes
  • Everybody is special. Everybody. Everybody is a hero, a lover, a fool, a villain, everybody. Everybody has their story to tell...
  • You say that I have no power? Perhaps you speak truly. But – you say that dreams have no power? Ask yourselves, all of you, what power would hell have if those imprisoned here could not dream of heaven?
  • If I were assured of your eventual destruction I would, in the interests of the public, cheerfully accept my own.
  • There is nothing more stimulating than a case where everything goes against you.
  • "I've destroyed demons with real power!" Kitty cried. "Think I'll be impressed by an overgrown chicken?"
  • Can you define "plan" as "a loose sequence of manifestly inadequate observations and conjectures, held together by panic, indecision, and ignorance"? If so, it was a very good plan.
  • As he blundered about, roaring with discomfort, setting fire to the leaves about him, the little girl squealed and ran. It was good thinking: I did the same. Only without the squeal. Obviously.

I need to learn animation...

Question: Did you like the King Zeal drawing I did, if so what version (beard, no beard) cause it goes with the design I have in mind.

And I love those quotes... how big are you thinking? :)

Lady Marle

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
    • find me on deviantArt
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2011, 12:34:57 am »
Okay, I know this is PhotoShop 101 but how do you resize sprites in Photoshop without them becoming rasterized?

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2011, 01:17:02 am »
LOL I thought in Photoshop things are raster from the start? Hmm when it comes to sprites, Lysa's best advice would be select certain pixels and shift them as you'd like rather than resize automatically. Well, that's if you wanna shrink em. If you wanna enlarge them, then the best method would simply be to remake/trace a larger one. Yeah, sprites are difficult to handle...

As for the size of the signature, I'm thinkin 100 or 200 px in height. Proportions being 1/4 (width being four times the height, but no strictly as much, just whatever you're comfortable with).

XDDD I think I'd stick with beardless, since that's the most popular one as of now. Yeah that art would rock!

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2011, 03:54:44 am »
Okay, I know this is PhotoShop 101 but how do you resize sprites in Photoshop without them becoming rasterized?

When you resize, look at the options. It probably says "Resample Image:" with a drop box that says "Bicubic (Best for Gradients)", change the drop box to "Nearest Neighbor(preserve hard edges)". Voila!

Lady Marle

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
    • find me on deviantArt
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2011, 02:19:39 am »

When you resize, look at the options. It probably says "Resample Image:" with a drop box that says "Bicubic (Best for Gradients)", change the drop box to "Nearest Neighbor(preserve hard edges)". Voila!
LOL I thought in Photoshop things are raster from the start? Hmm when it comes to sprites, Lysa's best advice would be select certain pixels and shift them as you'd like rather than resize automatically. Well, that's if you wanna shrink em. If you wanna enlarge them, then the best method would simply be to remake/trace a larger one. Yeah, sprites are difficult to handle...

As for the size of the signature, I'm thinkin 100 or 200 px in height. Proportions being 1/4 (width being four times the height, but no strictly as much, just whatever you're comfortable with).

XDDD I think I'd stick with beardless, since that's the most popular one as of now. Yeah that art would rock!

THANK YOU GUYS!!!