Author Topic: The Unified Dimension  (Read 1487 times)

Oswego del Fuego

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/moon/dandymasher/schala.html
The Unified Dimension
« on: November 27, 2004, 10:08:48 pm »
Has anyone ever constructed a "likely" form for the unified timeline?

For example, take the fate of the Acacia Dragoons in both Home and Another.  Though their stories are very different from about 1017 AD onward, they both fall into ruin as a direct result of Lynx leading them astray.  Therefore, with Lynx not existing in the unified timeline, it is reasonable to assume that the Acacia Dragoons are likely to be in a situation much like they are in Another at the start of the game.  That is, doing well and in firm command of El Nido.

Or, Marbule.  It seems that the "black nightmare" which infests Home's Marbule, where the Black Dragon does not exist, is a result of the Black Dragon being asleep in the dimension where it does exist.  So, if there is only one dimension, then the black nightmare should not occur, and Marbule should be intact.

I really think we can determine which way the unified timeline is most likelly to go in any number of situations.  Just wondering if anyone ever bothered trying.

OdF

MogGuy

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
The Unified Dimension
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 11:44:01 am »
I think Schala combined the worlds, taking the best of both. (IE, Fairy-ville wasn't attacked, but it wasn't frozen. The dragoons never disappeared, Starky's ship didn't smash)

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
The Unified Dimension
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 03:57:33 pm »
It's been far too long since I've played CC to remember, but - does it every explictly (or implicitly) state that Schala had anything to do with what happens to the two worlds after she is freed?

Schala had the power to reach into the timeline as part of the Time Devourer - but once separated, why should she still retain that power? If this is the case, she has no capacity to fuse the two timelines together.

I don't really like the "best of both worlds" theory. Besides being sappy, it's far too complicated as every single event occuring in the two timelines would have to be considered and reconsidered to piece together a new one.

I forget what the game says about the ending though, so who knows. I'm probably forgetting a lot of facts here.