Author Topic: Chrono Trigger anime series petition (mail only petition)  (Read 1928 times)

DranzerX13

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/DranzerX13_Productions
Chrono Trigger anime series petition (mail only petition)
« on: December 06, 2007, 06:16:02 pm »
I remember how popular Chrono Trigger was (and still is) it has so many dedicated fans. The Chrono series is definitely something great that was made, in fact lost of people still consider it the best RPG of all time. Even if Square-Enix doesn't make a remake of it on PS2 or any of the next-gen consoles and handhelds it at leasts deserves an anime TV series of 26 or even maybe 52 episodes or so. Chrono Trigger is one of Squaresoft's many popular RPG titles, and yet it still doesn't have an anime TV series. The only thing anime related they made was an OVA with just the monsters of the Millennial Fair. I mean look at the Final Fantasy series and you'll see a few movies, a TV series, other stuff, but that is not the case with Chrono Trigger.

Tell Square-Enix how much Chrono Trigger means to you and that there should be an anime of it with at least 26-52 episodes or so.
It AT LEAST...AT LEAST deserves a 52 episode series to cover the whole story. Tell them that if they are not going to make another Chrono game then to at least make an anime TV series of it.

Let Square-Enix know how you feel. if they at least get 1000 or more letter than they might consider making an anime....just maybe they will. If you want to get in touch with them mail them a letter to:

Square Enix, Inc.
6060 Center Drive, Suite 100
Los Angeles, CA 90045

Sora

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • The Terror Of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger anime series petition (mail only petition)
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 02:09:19 pm »
aiming too high.
this wont work.

at least try for a movie like G.U. trilogy.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 02:38:50 pm »
Yes, because movies and anime based off video games are always so wonderful...

But seriously, 1000 petitions tells Square one thing; not enough people are interested. Seriously, they'd need petitions from several hundred thousand individuals before even bringing the idea before a committee that would debate if the concept should be considered in committee.

Not that it isn't possible, but if anything a petition is thinking too small, rather than too big. If fans can get a canceled TV show, with less than a season under its belt, to be made into a major motion picture (ala Firefly/Serenity), Chrono fans could get square to make a new game, a remake, an anime (but do we really hate the series that much?), a movie, whatever. The problem is lack of numbers.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 05:51:48 pm »
We'll always have doujin...

And with the seeming popularity what with Square-Enix's many remakes...I think it's only a matter of time before we see it on DS. I mean, there's only so many oldschool Final Fantasy games, y'know? Though I think they should mess around with the oldschool SaGa games as much as they did for the first Seiken Densetsu with Sword of Mana...But, yes, Chrono Trigger DS dammit! Then PSP Chrono Cross! Or, better yet, a friggin NEW Chrono game! ^_^

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 06:00:45 pm »
Lol@Zone 8..

Sora

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • The Terror Of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 12:44:43 pm »
We'll always have doujin...

And with the seeming popularity what with Square-Enix's many remakes...I think it's only a matter of time before we see it on DS. I mean, there's only so many oldschool Final Fantasy games, y'know? Though I think they should mess around with the oldschool SaGa games as much as they did for the first Seiken Densetsu with Sword of Mana...But, yes, Chrono Trigger DS dammit! Then PSP Chrono Cross! Or, better yet, a friggin NEW Chrono game! ^_^
HOLY SHIT! GIVE ME THAT DOUJINSHI!

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 04:58:07 pm »

Don't forget the Chrono Cross one :D

I remake will happen its easy money, The question is how long do we wait.  Also I don't think a petition will work to get an anime made.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 05:20:55 pm »
Well, duh, how long has that stupid CT Novel petition been going on for now? Not to mention the sequel (or was it remake?) petition...If none of those are going to work, how can anyone expect getting an anime to work? Square didn't really hit it big with that lame Final Fantasy anime they did a long time ago...it might have had something to do with the fact that it was only loosely based on one of the games and that that game was FFV...but maybe they've learned their lesson with Advent Children which did well AND was based heavily on the franchise "favorite"...My hopes are one day they'll work their way down the FF lists and then they'll make something for the Chrono series. It may be false hope...but...dammit! Don't destroy my dreams!

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2007, 05:37:36 pm »
Square didn't really hit it big with that lame Final Fantasy anime they did a long time ago...

Square never did any FFV anime... MadHouse Studio asked them for the permission to make an anime based on the FF series and they got it. Square didn't participate at all in the production of the anime. The same thing occured with FFVII:Last Order; it was 100% written and made by MadHouse Studio, not Square Enix. That's why it differs from the canon established in Crisis Core.

Sora

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • The Terror Of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 06:44:47 pm »

I remake will happen its easy money, The question is how long do we wait.  Also I don't think a petition will work to get an anime made.
AHH! another new one! hey, PM me the links! >.<

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2007, 07:35:10 pm »
Wasn't there a discussion somewhere here about wither or not blackmail/bribery/protest would work on getting a game made?

Here you go buddy.

Blackcaped_imp

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2007, 11:16:07 pm »
I hate that link. A lot of colours and crappy bubbles.

Sora

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • The Terror Of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2007, 11:50:20 pm »
I hate that link. A lot of colours and crappy bubbles.
wewt! saved by this guy ^w^

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2007, 06:56:54 am »

you know, you could just look at where the image is linking from.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2007, 12:35:43 pm »
Square didn't really hit it big with that lame Final Fantasy anime they did a long time ago...it might have had something to do with the fact that it was only loosely based on one of the games and that that game was FFV...but maybe they've learned their lesson with Advent Children which did well AND was based heavily on the franchise "favorite"

And yet 8-Bit Theatre, which is only loosely based on the FFI storyline, is rather sucessful. Whereas advent children seemed to be a step down from "Final Fantasy: The Spirit Within" but did better.

A good story will sell, no matter if it is loosely or heavily based on the franchise favorites. Of course, pandering shamelessly to a fanbase can work just as well.

Perhaps I should start a petition for a Chrono Trigger Opera; it has about as much of a chance of working as a petition for a CT anime.