Author Topic: More Salt for the Dead Sea  (Read 1182 times)

Tiammat

More Salt for the Dead Sea
« on: November 29, 2007, 01:30:42 pm »
Well, there is one thing i do not understand. I don't know if it was already answered, but i will ask anyway.

In the beginning of Chrono Trigger, Marle is sucked by the Time Gate. Let's say that she was carried to 600 A.D. June 1st 3:00 PM... Later, Crono go after her... hence, he arrives in 600 A.D. June 1st 3:00 PM... then why he does not see Marle? Looks like Marle arrived in the Middle Ages before the time when Crono arrives... Could this be possible? The same Time Gates don't supposedly leads always to the same point in time?

This question can be done every time Crono travels through time... He goes to 600 A.D., modifies everything, then travel to other time... when he returns to 600 A.D., he doesn't arrive at the same time he had arrived before... he arrives after all the modifications he had done... Spooky!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 08:39:43 am by Tiammat »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Question about Exact Time.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 01:36:09 pm »
Yes, the Gates operate on Time Error. It's all explained in the Principles of Time and Dimensional Travel article in the articles section. The Marle thing at the beginning of the story is still a plot hole, but it's Yuji Horii's fault. Otherwise, that Gates behave this way is totally normal.

Tiammat

Re: Question about Exact Time.
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 02:09:16 pm »
Hum... very clever... I had already read the "Time Bastard" and "Time Travelers Immunity" theories, but the "Time Error" was new to me... The way you guys defined a fifth dimension... beautiful...

Thanks for answering and keep up the good thinking...

Tiammat

More Salt for the Dead Sea
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 08:39:09 am »
I have another question...

In the "Dead Sea FAQ Refutation" looks like you all postulated that the Dead Sea was destroyed by FATE to prevent access to the Flame... but which FATE?

In the "Salt for the Dead Sea" article, someone said that the future of Home was destroyed because Crono could not do his travels in dimensions other than "Another"... Well, if it's like that, Belthasar, who warped from Zeal to the future, never existed in Home, only in Another. Hence, in the Home future (Dead Sea), FATE never existed since there was no Belthasar to construct it... am i right?

To complicate things, Another's FATE was unable to control his Frozen Flame... then, which FATE destroyed the Dead Sea?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 08:43:09 am by Tiammat »

TimeTraveller

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: More Salt for the Dead Sea
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 09:01:08 am »
After Serge's battle with Miguel, Another's FATE destroyed Home's Frozen Flame, although it did not have access to its own Frozen Flame at that time.

Hence, it seems to me that Another's FATE had the power to destroy Home's Dead Sea even without access to the Frozen Flame.

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
Re: More Salt for the Dead Sea
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 06:18:50 am »
It just they come back, the same time that flows in 1000 A.D flows in 600 A.D.